• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
That wasn't the problem really. He got outcoached by Tuchel who let Lukaku target Mari and his left side, Tierney was constantly tucking in to help Mari - and as he himself said Lukaku dominated those two at will. That's what left Arsenal's left side open for Reece James to do as he pleased.

Then you had Lokonga and Xhaka being drawn out to help out defending on the wings which left the centre vacated. Arteta was completely outcoached.
Tierney was trying to help Mari but was being drawn out to cover the midfield which was a far worse situation for the manager to create

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Fans like @HairSprayGooners betray the fact they haven't been to a single game if they think someone saying Edu and pointing to the pitch is huge abuse. It just shows the plastic nature of fans that they can't appreciate that the guy has spent hundreds on a season ticket and has the right to an opinion and this was pretty mild in the grand scheme of things. They just want to be good customers of Arteta-chan.=

I'm in a weird position here because I like when fans put the management under pressure.

But to justify harassing a staff member because you paid for something is stupid logic. I think it's justified... but not because "he spent hundreds on a season ticket".

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am absolving the players of some blame against Chelsea, not Arteta.

We had Holding-Mari in a back 2 v Lukaku, the fullbacks told to tuck in to help them which left space for the Chelsea wingbacks, most of our attacks was around 20 at the start of the game.

Chelsea will probably win the league this season, so them outplaying our current squad isn't something that surprises me, injuries didn't help either.

All the mistakes are on the manager, formation/tactics/subs etc...most of the players tried, they just aren't as good as who they were playing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

3 minute mark.

Mikel and his dark energy, once again. The timing of when Souness says “this is a team for the next manager” then Arteta walks past.

:lol:

Why does Roy Keane sound like a ****ing pirate when says Arsenal? Is that how they speak where he comes from?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Fight? There was no intensity at all at times. And don't get me started on defending or "pressing", the players are keeping away from opposition players intentionally, they're backing up and are never close enough to actually attack. Arteta's "tactics" are absolute garbage.
Mentioned it in the match thread. Players looked like they were jogging most of the time. That's a sign of lack of belief in the system and the instructions.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yesterday I was pretty sure about that cause they don't have one single standout player and are coached by Valerien Ismael whom I remembered aas one of the biggest coaching jokes the Bundesliga has ever seen. They guy spectacularly failed at Nuremburg, Wolfsburg and in Greece when he started out, but having had another look it seems like he's turned it around at LASK in Austria and now Barnsely and WestBrom.

Another performance like these last two against Brentford and Chelsea with garbage tactics, no organization and structure at all and thus isolated attackers, drawn out midfielders and overstrained defenders with the lifeless individual performances and the lackluster "press" in which players back off of opposition players - imo no matter who he puts out on the field, any organized team can hurt Arsenal.

Guess we'll see! But if there was ever a game to kick us into a bit of form.....

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That wasn't the problem really. He got outcoached by Tuchel who let Lukaku target Mari and his left side, Tierney was constantly tucking in to help Mari - and as he himself said Lukaku dominated those two at will. That's what left Arsenal's left side open for Reece James to do as he pleased.

Then you had Lokonga and Xhaka being drawn out to help out defending on the wings which left the centre vacated. Arteta was completely outcoached.
People keep saying Lokonga had a good game, but he was totally ineffective in the pivot roll he was meant to play, a marginal player at best. It’s not even his fault either.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nothing will happen, our fans in general aren’t built that way. They’re mostly keyboard warriors, nothing like those fans in France or Italy.
it takes only few fans to do something bad. Yes in general we are not that type of fan base. But its really looking bad for him and he doesnt have the experience to even recognise the situation and show humility

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Fight? There was no intensity at all at times. And don't get me started on defending or "pressing", the players are keeping away from opposition players intentionally, they're backing up and are never close enough to actually attack. Arteta's "tactics" are absolute garbage.

Fight/intensity/wanting more than the other team is an interesting topic.

Does anyone remember early second half when Tierney chased down someone near the Chelsea corner flag on his own and the home crowd responded. Then for the next few minutes all the Arsenal players were totally up for it, winning the ball all over the pitch giving Chelsea problems.

Of course it all turned back to sh1te about 6-8 mins later. :cool: :lol:

I will always remember that period in yesterdays game fondly, will take it to my grave. Possibly.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
People keep saying Lokonga had a good game, but he was totally ineffective in the pivot roll he was meant to play, a marginal player at best. It’s not even his fault either.

Good game is maybe the wrong word, I did like what I saw from him in terms of attributes and style but in context of the run of the game his game was as bad as everyone else's.

But yeah, that's not on him; I really can't blame too many players anymore. When you get the impression Arsenal are so bad by default Tuchel comes up with his game plan while taking a dump before the bus ride to the Emirates and his team effortlessly translate that to the pitch in what wasn't a dominant performance because Chelsea were so dominant in their display but because they're just lightyears ahead of Arsenal and much worse Arsenal let themselves be dominated here due to being criminally unorganized - it's bad and it's on the manager. When I look at player like especially Pepe and Auba, but others as well, I cannot follow the thought process of some on here that it's the players being too bad and letting the manager down, imo it's clearly the other way round. Arteta gets the worst out of his players somehow and they're just lost out there.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I was much more angry with the Brentford game last week, the way we surrendered in that match was terrible.

Thought we put up a decent-ish fight against Chelsea, most of the players anyway...they just have a better squad, manager and owner than us these days.
I agree with that. The Brentford game was much more disappointing. I expected a defeat against Chelsea.

Even with our best 11 it was gonna be a massive task against them

TBF We actually started well imho, then Lukaku does his ting & its game over.
You could see we were all over the place for most of the 1st half after that. This is mainly down to inexperience & some not being good enough.
We were shellshocked & the kids confidence just went.
Facing the European champions, doing ok & then conceding just knocks you back massively.
Compare it to the Chelsea game last season where we scored 1st.
That was what we needed.

People underestimate what a big part confidence plays especially with younger players.
Chelsea are brimming with it at the moment, they were already European Champions with a way better squad than us & have just signed a 100m striker ffs.
They look to have an invincible style mentality to me.

Im certainly not saying they will go through the season unbeaten but they were scarily good.

We need to be more realistic with our young side.
We have suffered far heavier defeats to worse sides than Chelsea.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Does anyone remember early second half when Tierney chased down someone near the Chelsea corner flag on his own and the home crowd responded.
Yes & that shows what a lift the crowd can give to the players & vice versa.
Its also helps to explain why Brentford got a result against us. the week before.

After a decent start to the 1st half yesterday for us Chelsea then score & it simply drains both the crowd & the confidence in a young team.

Yeosol

We have suffered far heavier defeats to worse sides than Chelsea.
That's true, but it's not just about the result. In fact, I'd say it's not about the result at all - it's about the performance. There are many ways in which we could lose to Chelsea that I wouldn't have a problem with, but we allowed them to just breeze through the game. They'll come up against sides with much less talent than Arsenal, that will make it much more difficult for them to get three points.

Look at Tottenham vs City. Tottenham could've easily lost that game, because City missed some good chances and generally dominated the play. But even if they had lost, they could've walked away with their heads held high because they gave City a real game.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The fact that he offered new deals to Mustafi(thanks for being a good guy & rejecting) & Xhaka tells you all you need to know. The man is a rookie & learned from the biggest fraud of all time

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Does anyone remember early second half when Tierney chased down someone near the Chelsea corner flag on his own and the home crowd responded. Then for the next few minutes all the Arsenal players were totally up for it, winning the ball all over the pitch giving Chelsea problems.

Of course it all turned back to sh1te about 6-8 mins later. :cool: :lol:

I will always remember that period in yesterdays game fondly, will take it to my grave. Possibly.

I'll make you a DVD you can take with you to your grave.

WhatAFC

Good game is maybe the wrong word, I did like what I saw from him in terms of attributes and style but in context of the run of the game his game was as bad as everyone else's.

But yeah, that's not on him; I really can't blame too many players anymore. When you get the impression Arsenal are so bad by default Tuchel comes up with his game plan while taking a dump before the bus ride to the Emirates and his team effortlessly translate that to the pitch in what wasn't a dominant performance because Chelsea were so dominant in their display but because they're just lightyears ahead of Arsenal and much worse Arsenal let themselves be dominated here due to being criminally unorganized - it's bad and it's on the manager. When I look at player like especially Pepe and Auba, but others as well, I cannot follow the thought process of some on here that it's the players being too bad and letting the manager down, imo it's clearly the other way round. Arteta gets the worst out of his players somehow and they're just lost out there.
Yeah tuchel must have missed coming up with those effortless game plans last season when we beat them twice 🤣

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was aggressive, you don't do that when the mans with his family. Not nice for the wife or kids.
It wasn’t aggressive at all. He shouted to get his attention because he was in the stadium and it was noisy. When he gets his attention he just points and then he walks off.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom