• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Preacher

Always Crying
Just made a bet that we will finish with negative GD this season. Feeling confident as long as Arteta's process is in business. From this day I am Arteta in:drool:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

E8HcGu7XsAMviBm

Still have this down as the end.

Tottenham, Brighton and Palace are three really tricky games for our 2 goal team.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If he could get it across to the players that it's ok to attack the opposition he'd be doing himself a massive favour as we could perhaps kill games off. We're easily capable of it. Everything is so calculated down to one pass to the next, I think it spreads a bit of fear and confusion into the team.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he could get it across to the players that it's ok to attack the opposition he'd be doing himself a massive favour as we could perhaps kill games off. We're easily capable of it. Everything is so calculated down to one pass to the next, I think it spreads a bit of fear and confusion into the team.
Defensively that was actually a very solid performance, but going forward...good lord...it is so static, slow and boring.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Defensively that was actually a very solid performance, but going forward...good lord...it is so static, slow and boring.

There's really no need for it against sides like Burnley. The few times we did actually try and attack them we where able to open them up easily enough. Everything is so percentage based though.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We're stuck with Teta boys, will now only be judged on league standing. Doesn't happen what happens in between, or the style of play. Buckle up for the full 38 matches.

Won't be fired either with another 8th place finish, so let's hope he gets us back into Europe with teh blind faith the board have given him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I can't believe he picks such a technical team and instructs them to defend in their own box, against Burnley ffs. We were lucky today, it's still a poor performance and we didn't create anything because of his coaching. Wenger would push his CB's to the center of the pitch, but Arteta tells them to sit in their own box

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's the final 1/3 that's the issue really. Arteta can get us set up fairly well defensively most of the time.

The final 1/3 is where you need to give a bit more leeway to the players to take risks and think a bit more for themselves, rather than following some routine that's been drilled into them 100 times on the training pitch. Creates confusion and self doubt in the players, as I think we're seeing currently. In those advanced areas of the pitch you shouldn't feel afraid to make a mistake or go 'off script'.

REWB

All this huff and puff about his own players, needing 5 or 6 more....you give him the summer and this is what he produces......

IS THIS YOUR KING?

200.gif
Well the back line are his players. The front players however...apart from Ødegaard, im pretty sure the CLUB not just Arteta would love an upgrade. Two talented but inconsistent youngsters in ESR and SAKA and Auba who lacks fight and is awful at keeping the ball and Pepe who's decent but average, its just shocking.

Thats the area that Arteta and Edu will be looking to improving next summer, buy bringing in some youngish but experienced enough attackers. Well probably spend 100mill on attacking areas next summer.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

All I want is to be able to say I can’t wait to rewatch the highlights on MOTD!
It’s early in the season though tbh and a few introductions have been made so trying to rational

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's the final 1/3 that's the issue really. Arteta can get us set up fairly well defensively most of the time.

The final 1/3 is where you need to give a bit more leeway to the players to take risks and think a bit more for themselves, rather than following some routine that's been drilled into them 100 times on the training pitch. Creates confusion and self doubt in the players, as I think we're seeing currently. In those advanced areas of the pitch you shouldn't feel afraid to make a mistake or go 'off script'.
This is what I think many of you get wrong, it's not a final third issue at all, it's a defensive system that will take everything out of the players and they are not sharp going forward after that. We expect Pepe and Saka to literally play full back positions and defend for 80 minutes, and for the remaining 10 minutes we want them to be sharp going forward and take players on :lol:
That's never gonna work I'm afraid

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well the back line are his players. The front players however...apart from Ødegaard, im pretty sure the CLUB not just Arteta would love an upgrade. Two talented but inconsistent youngsters in ESR and SAKA and Auba who lacks fight and is awful at keeping the ball and Pepe who's decent but average, its just shocking.

Thats the area that Arteta and Edu will be looking to improving next summer, buy bringing in some youngish but experienced enough attackers. Well probably spend 100mill on attacking areas next summer.

Did he not sign ESR, Auba and Saka to deals? I might be misremembering with Saka (that might've been more Raul) but he certainly handed big deals to Auba and gave #10 to ESR who played a large part in his "revival" last season.

So forgive me for not being sympathetic there.

Edit: But I do agree that Pepe is not his player.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

After seeing the amount of passes go astray when it should be a basic pass in the final third and losing the ball taking on defenders I dont think its fear of trying something. If a player keeps trying something and tis not coming off its probably on the player themselves.

Maybe just maybe today Arteta making the excuse about the grass was valid, some of the passes seemed to fall just short at times.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We've scored 49 goals in the last 39 PL games apparently. That's more than a worry, it's a massive massive red flag.

Moving to a 433 may suggest he's acknowledged this, but nevertheless not trying to properly address this in the window is madness to me.

REWB

Did he not sign ESR, Auba and Saka to deals? I might be misremembering with Saka (that might've been more Raul) but he certainly handed big deals to Auba and gave #10 to ESR who played a large part in his "revival" last season.

So forgive me for not being sympathetic there.

Edit: But I do agree that Pepe is not his player.
Why wouldnt he give deals to ESR and Saka? they are young talents with potential to improve, However, they shouldnt be starting week in week out for any club looking to get top 4, too inexperienced and raw.

As for Auba listen he is 32 years old now, he's done. We gave him a contract because at that time we did not have the funds to properly replace him. We will next summer with a young and hungrier striker.

AmsterdamGunner

There's really no need for it against sides like Burnley. The few times we did actually try and attack them we where able to open them up easily enough. Everything is so percentage based though.
Why is there no need to score some more goals against Burnley? Or to attack and open up a bottom half team? Against which team are we gonna score then?

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom