• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GDeep™

League is very weak
Anything above 8 is an improvement and qualifies you for Europe, that will save his job, wether I like it or not. So I voted “any European place..”.

The guys who voted top 4 are being disingenuous I think, he’s not getting top 4 because we are miles off those clubs in terms of squad quality, experience etc. No manager in this world is getting you top 4 with this squad - I thought we were close to Utd a little while ago but even they’ve pushed on with Fernandes, CR7, Varane etc.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Anything above 8 is an improvement and qualifies you for Europe, that will save his job, wether I like it or not. So I voted “any European place..”.

The guys who voted top 4 are being disingenuous I think, he’s not getting top 4 because we are miles off those clubs in terms of squad quality, experience etc. No manager in this world is getting you top 4 with this squad - I thought we were close to Utd a little while ago but even they’ve pushed on with Fernandes, CR7, Varane etc.
Any top manager would get us top 4 with this squad and the money that was given to Mikel. It’s his fault for wasting it.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Whether is true or not, if we continue to play awful football and not Europa League at least... This is what is going to happen. Exodus, include in this all the promising young players. Why? Because they will like to play for top teams and top competitions. They never stay in middle table teams when they are really good.

Include Saka, ESR, Saliba, Martinelli in this. Awful football is never sustainable, it doesn't matter how good is our academy, infrastructure and stadium. What matters is what happens on the pitch.
IMG_20210921_195206.jpg

GoonerJay24

Elneny started in almost half of the league games last season. So the word barely is kind of questionable.
He never got a run of games to build up a partnership with Partey or Xhaka. Ceballos was favoured over him on numerous occasions.

That's poor management.

Haphazard

Whether is true or not, if we continue to play awful football and not Europa League at least... This is what is going to happen. Exodus, include in this all the promising young players. Why? Because they will like to play for top teams and top competitions. They never stay in middle table teams when they are really good.

Include Saka, ESR, Saliba, Martinelli in this. Awful football is never sustainable, it doesn't matter how good is our academy, infrastructure and stadium. What matters is what happens on the pitch.
View attachment 4700

Which is why the whole youth project rebuild was BS anyway. We already went through that with Wenger and when stars could get better opportunities/wages they left.

It's even worse here because with Arteta's coaching we don't even know if these players will be wanted by the top clubs and continue to get higher wages and giving ordinary performances but our fanbase will thank them for their loyalty instead of actually wanting an improvement.

pikey2000

View attachment 4700

Whilst i'm not saying we should be happy with this, it is unfortunately the situation we are in right now, if you aren't part of the elite clubs i.e in the champions league and can at least pretend you have a shot at the title then you are one of the rest and your elite or potentially elite talent will get poached, all we can do now is ensure we handle their contracts appropriately so that we can get top dollar and then equally importantly ensure we have a **** together in terms of scouting / you development so that we can bring the next elite talent through.

Wenger did it for years, its how you have to operate when your out of the elite, look at Leicester, develop talent sell as high as possible and recruit well to replace.

What will be unforgivable is if we **** their contracts up and let them go for nothing or let them go for a decent price but **** up recruitment - you need your house in order to maximise the situation we are in and i don't have a great deal of confidence in how orderly our house is right now.

Time will tell.

either that or we make CL again and then we might be able to keep hold of some talent :)

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Which is why the whole youth project rebuild was BS anyway. We already went through that with Wenger and when stars could get better opportunities/wages they left.
The one difference this time though is we can actually now pay the kind of wages that can keep those players happy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
So, re. the poll;

Is it what I think he has to do for the board to keep him on? Or what he has to do for me to want him to stay on?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

View attachment 4700

If Arteta stays on, then I would want all our youth players to leave for their own sakes. Just because we're determined to circle the drain doesn't mean we have to take their careers with us.

Haphazard

So, re. the poll;

Is it what I think he has to do for the board to keep him on? Or what he has to do for me to want him to stay on?
Despite our board being very unambitious I do think finishing outside the top 6 will seal his fate, not because of footballing reasons but they would realize 2 consecutive years out of Europe would really increase the losses while still feeling the impacts of COVID.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Despite our board being very unambitious I do think finishing outside the top 6 will seal his fate, not because of footballing reasons but they would realize 2 consecutive years out of Europe would really increase the losses while still feeling the impacts of COVID.

I don't think they'd sack for any reason apart from fans abandoning the stadium, tbh, but I do hope you're right.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Here's a stat for you Mikel from the BBC website.

There were 11 different players to register a shot for Burnley against Arsenal – only once have they ever had more players with an attempt on goal in a Premier League match.
The man is breaking records and they all bad records. Burnley had 18 attempts. They haven’t had that much close to two years. Everything this team does is despite of Arteta. I honestly think he is the worst manager in the pl and championship

Latest posts+

Top Bottom