• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Guys who are here a bit longer and don’t want to keep losing could, like Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Auba, Pepe. They will be a big influence in the dressing room. And the players who are not playing like Leno, Laca, Martinelli, Chambers, Kola, AMN, Elneny and Holding. And young kids who get no chances what so ever, like Balogun and Nketia. Could be a very instable dressing room.
Disagree, the players you mentioned are nobodies. Gabriel has been average for a year too, Pepe rarely performs, Tierney is a company man, Partey is new etc, none of these guys are in any position to “revolt”. Even guys like Lacazette and Auba aren’t revolting, even though they have reasons to.

I think this dressing room is totally under control of Arteta. There are no big personalities here, even Xhaka, probably our biggest character, is loved by Arteta and always plays.

The results will kill Arteta, not the players revolting or anything. The results might not kill him either though, as I think JUST an EL place saves him.

AmsterdamGunner

Disagree, the players you mentioned are nobodies. Gabriel has been average for a year too, Pepe rarely performs, Tierney is a company man, Partey is new etc, none of these guys are in any position to “revolt”. Even guys like Lacazette and Auba aren’t revolting, even though they have reasons to.

I think this dressing room is totally under control of Arteta. There are no big personalities here, even Xhaka, probably our biggest character, is loved by Arteta and always plays.

The results will kill Arteta, not the players revolting or anything. The results might not kill him either though, as I think JUST an EL place saves him.
I agree the players are nobodies but I think even nobodies don’t want to play **** all the time and lose and draw games and only win against the real poor teams, with still playing ****. They will all see the **** Arteta is saying, how terrible his man management is, how his promises to new transferred players won’t come true and how he’s treating other players, who are their friends probably. The nobodies will experience that every single day and lose their fun in what they do, even for nobodies there will be a limit somewhere. But I agree, for now he has little to fear from his players.

Kav

Established Member
Agree with what you say, but I’m well within my rights to not want a manager who is insensitive to racial issues without being called “fickle” or “air headed”.

At no point did I actually call the guy racist. But that’s what people like to do, create and tear down a point that wasn’t actually made in the first place.
You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re not entitled to make up things. No one said you called anyone racist so why are you getting upset about a comment that didn’t apply to you.

For the record someone did post this:

Tbf I’d forgotten about this as well. Pretty terrible look.

Can’t hate Rodgers for his racism but twerk for Tuchel. I’m glad we didn’t hire him.

Jose is the real one that got away 😭

The comment here clearly speaks for itself and is the comment to which I was responding to. The fact that you took it upon yourself to opine led to our discussion. As always context is critically important.

I suggest we all ensure that we measure our responses in clear terms to avoid misunderstandings.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The comment here clearly speaks for itself and is the comment to which I was responding to. The fact that you took it upon yourself to opine led to our discussion. As always context is critically important.

I suggest we all ensure that we measure our responses in clear terms to avoid misunderstandings.

shoot for the top

Honestly I would take relegation if it means Arteta leaves. This club needs to maybe be relegated to get with the times. The whole fake we are old school and don’t like changing managers is pathetic. There is nothing worse than just accepting mediocrity like Arsenal
Can you say this is mediocrity? We aint even in Europa. What has Arteta done to you!?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I dont want to see a 433 starting shape anymore (which translates into a single pivot or an overall 316 general attacking shape), not until we are able to position ourselves and press properly from the front, and successfully prevent the opposition from getting into our midfield under most circumstances.

I get that Arteta has his positional play in place, and theoretically there should be enough numbers back in midfield (Ode and ESR). But they are still too offensive to me, and will not give us that defensive cover and support for Partey when our first line of press is breached.

Hate to say it, but Xhaka did bring that balance in a double pivot, being able to provide positional cover and give us something in attack. Not the ideal player, but definitely more of an option than Lokonga, Elneny and Ødegaard (who I think can play that number 6 role at some stage when he gets more experience).

Play Lokonga next to Partey and let those two consistently occupy that space ahead of Gabby, White and Tommy. There is enough in attack with Tierney, Saka, Auba/Laca, Smith Rowe and Pepe upfront.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pressing isn’t just based on fitness. It needs to be intelligent. We don’t have any noticeable pressing traps. It’s annoying seeing Auba do an Alexis impression and run at goalkeepers all by himself. It gets the crowd on side but if he’s doing it by himself it’s not worth it. We are terrible off the ball. Se seem to drop into a deep block far too often and too early. I don’t dislike it but if you’re gonna do that at least be good on transitions and winning the ball back. I think we would benefit if we had a consistent ball-winner in our midfield. A Fabinho/Kante/Casemiro type (easier said that done) and then force transitions.
He has profiles that he likes. He would rather leave Partey on an island in Central midfield and move his cm to left back in order to push his lb forward rather than actually play a player who has a specific job.

The team is imbalanced. We need a balance of creators, finishers, ball winners and athletes. We can't simply play all of the creators or all the finishes. I remember one game he had Auba Nketiah and Lacazette as a front line. Wtf is that?

Ødegaard, ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Lacazette, Partey and Tierney cannot play a full match. They don't all have to start. They can share minutes. It doesn't make sense that Martinelli gets no game time. Lacazette barely gets anything.

Reactions: Kav

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re not entitled to make up things. No one said you called anyone racist so why are you getting upset about a comment that didn’t apply to you.

For the record someone did post this:

What you have done though is cast doubt on Ba’s accusations and imply that there was nothing wrong with Tuchel wanting the game to go ahead.

Rex’s comments were clearly tongue in cheek while mine weren’t so no I didn’t expect your reply to be directed at him, and even if his message wasn’t a joke I don’t agree with the language you used to address the topic, especially as you took his post seriously. Best to just leave this now before I start moving mad, no hard feelings anyway, just a sensitive topic.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Latest posts

Top Bottom