• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There's a definite improvement in games like today and Watford compared to the Norwich/Burnley performances earlier in the season but ultimately the proof of progress will be in games like Liverpool last week. We've another coming up against United, simply have to come away with something from that one.

United and Everton away next week, that will really be a proper test for our European credentials.

Really up for games this season now though, our campaign was over last year at this point more or less (least in the league) credit Arteta for turning it around, but have to keep it going.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Do you forget that the club gave Wenger nothing in those 10 years, every purchase had to come from sales. Yet he got top 4 every year. Saying he didn't win silverware is about as spoilt and entitled as those bozos at AFTV.

Arteta and Unai has had more from the club than Wenger got in his whole 22 years, yet neither of them have got top 4 once. And if you say because the league is hsrder now I'll come round and find you. :lol:
😄All i said was he didnt win an fa cup/ league cup or anything for around 10 years.
I was only talking silverware because someone wrote off an Fa cup victory from 18 months ago!

I will never dispute Arsène did a fantastic job getting the 'top 4 trophy' for many years while having his hands firmly tied behind his back.

Nothing made me happier though than seeing us win an actual trophy again.

I was so happy that it happened again for Arsène, the upturn once again in the trophy room came when he got tets in as skipper 🤘.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

United and Everton away next week, that will really be a proper test for our European credentials.

Really up for games this season now though, our campaign was over last year at this point more or less (least in the league) credit Arteta for turning it around, but have to keep it going.

I'd be looking for us to come away with 4 possibly 6 points out of those games considering our form in comparison to those teams. I get why people don't see it as easy on the eye but given how solid we are at the back against anyone other than the top 3, it will win you a lot of points in this league.

Similarly to the last 2-3 seasons there's a massive opportunity for top 4, we cant keep letting them go to waste.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
3 points are nice. But still way to slow in the attacking compartiment. Don't see any clues that this will improve though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I'd be looking for us to come away with 4 possibly 6 points out of those games considering our form in comparison to those teams. I get why people don't see it as easy on the eye but given how solid we are at the back against anyone other than the top 3, it will win you a lot of points in this league.

Similarly to the last 2-3 seasons there's a massive opportunity for top 4, we cant keep letting them go to waste.

I would back us at Old Trafford, tbh.

They will have to attack us, leaving space behind, just have to be brave...Auba may be playing poorly right now, but he's still up against Maguire, his attacking movement will destroy that Holiday In Fridge.

Would back Gabriel against Ronaldo too.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Was a functional win and performance from Arteta today.

We're kind of in that situation with Arteta where you'd back him to be able to grind out good results against anyone outside the top 5-6 really. We're solid and well set up defensively and against non top 6 sides you don't have to be clinical with chance conversions or be overly fluent attacking wise. Individual quality and moments of brilliance will often carry us.

It's coming up against your top 4-5 sides that we need to have that fluency and consistent threat going forwards. That's what Arteta needs to work on.

I know we say it after every group of games but the next 4-5 games are really going to tell us where we are as a side. We're up against some decent sides but they are definitely beatable if we get somewhere near our best.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I posted something similar in the match day thread but I absolutely understand why Arteta has us play the way we do.

When he came in, we were the brunt of every joke. Our defence was abysmal and any team knew they could come and rack up chances against us. It was embarrassing.

He’s so scared of that (and let’s be honest, so are we as fans), that his main objective was to calm the team down and provide us with a solid shape to defend. He’s struggled with that (apart from certain patches), however, with the current defence it looks like we finally have the players for him to achieve that defensive solidarity.

However, that alone is not good enough for Arsenal. He needs to start progressing his development further up the pitch now and getting our attack to, well, actually attack. It’s been too poor for too long now. Hopefully he can get us clicking further up now.

People give this manager or team no room for error. Last week people wanted to get something out of Liverpool game. Now people want 4 or 6 points in next two away games.

I think we are doing fine and with you squad its all good for us. Im expexcting 0 points actually in next two games but Im starting to get feeling both mamager and team can surprise me.

Its a good thing. Tetz has something moving and my heart has some hope finally. We will see!

mirrorstares

When he came in, we were the brunt of every joke. Our defence was abysmal and any team knew they could come and rack up chances against us. It was embarrassing.

Wrong

When he came in, the manager was the brunt of every joke. After being just one single step out of achieving our goal, we became a disjointed team with journalists confirming an influential part of the team was no longer listening to the manager and an incompetent board that took its sweet time finding a replacement after firing Emery, leaving an understaffed Freddie and Per adrift.

It was indeed embarassing, but most of the problems that turned our team from being 1 point off 4th to a midtable disarray should have gone the moment Arteta settled in. But what happened is that we became consistently midtable, offering bonafide inferior football on every matchday regardless of how much investment is made, how much control the manager has or how much harmony there is in the squad.

Today we had another serving of inferior midtable football. Newcastle just had a manager change so I didn't expect a trashing, but I certainly expected more encouraging signs coming from the likes of Ødegaard and the way we build our attack. He once again failed the test, without an individual carrying the team (Saka this time), this match could have very easily finished 0-0.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Wrong

It was indeed embarassing, but most of the problems that turned our team from being 1 point off 4th to a midtable disarray
Wrong
Arteta steadied the ship. Ok it stagnated in 8th which was poor but still higher than when Unai left.
if we had kept Unai imho we would have finished lower & likely not won the Fa cup. At least it now looks like we may be turning the corner & on the up again!.

Its rather ike saying serial winner mourinho took a Sp**s team that were Champions league finalists and left them in Midtable disarray.
Yes he got sacked & then so did Nuno.
Now If Conte who is an elite manager that many on here have twerked for doesnt get them back to top 4 this season & into Champs league final next season has he failed?

I mean If an elite manager doesnt finish above our rookie with a young team surely thats a major fair as we aint been above Sp**s for like 5 years?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Have been totally against Arteta so far. But credit where it's due. Except for the Liverpool disaster, our defense has clearly improved. I don't remember the last time it has been this solid.
Attack is concerning. But I do think will eventually get better. Ødegaard's poor form is probably the main reason. Either he has to get back to form or we need to replace him.

With him talking about Wenger so much, I wonder if a talk has taken place. Otherwise all this mentioning of Wenger looks abit desperate from Micky.

Tetz is actually very talented and probably a potential top-tier manager one day but what puts me off is that he is a very shady character. Talking about Wenger like they are best buds when Wenger probably hasn't answered a single message from him is something I would believe Arteta to do.

Top Bottom