• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He's spot on here, like the Tavares incident Vs Liverpool. Most were ready to crucify him on here and wanted him punished and dropped for the next game. Thankfully Arteta is smart to know that backing him and allowing him to make these mistakes will do him far more good.

ArsenalMania being dumb again?? Who’d have thought.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

This is an important point that Mikel makes here. Its important that he manages the confidence level of the squad well, from giving Tavares and Lokonga further opportunities, to managing Tierney and his own confidence.

Same can be said for Leno, Pepe and other players on the fringes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Another poor stat for Mikel . . . the average distance the ball moves around between players in a match. Defined by the average number of passes made x the average distance of each pass. City are moving the ball around 11.6 km per match showing the measure of control and movement they have. Not surprising City, Chelsea and Liverpool are the top of the league with Brighton. Shows how fluid Potters team is. We’re in the bottom half of the table.

CAA9-D468-BD62-4-FCD-8-CC7-CC77-F86-BA766.jpg

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Another poor stat for Mikel . . . the average distance the ball moves around between players in a match. Defined by the average number of passes made x the average distance of each pass. City are moving the ball around 11.6 km per match showing the measure of control and movement they have. Not surprising City, Chelsea and Liverpool are the top of the league with Brighton. Shows how fluid Potters team is. We’re in the bottom half of the table.

Don Vieira dominating Arteta again

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
David Moyes' West Ham play better football than us currently. It's a bit of a mindfuck.
This is their ceiling though I think. We do it in spurts and moments while still clearly having the scope to be much better to the eye, whereas Moyes has basically finished what he came there to do. I’ll take finishing above them this season at any cost, then hopefully we can add a mid and a suitable forward or two in the summer.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's spot on here, like the Tavares incident Vs Liverpool. Most were ready to crucify him on here and wanted him punished and dropped for the next game. Thankfully Arteta is smart to know that backing him and allowing him to make these mistakes will do him far more good.
Do you think he’d have stuck with him if we were playing City instead of Newcastle? I don’t know tbh. The opportunity to stick with him v Newcastle was perfect.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Do you think Arteta’s style is in reaction to the porous defenses we have had in the years before he arrived? I think any manager that took over with half a brain when Arteta did would first focus on improving the team shape and defensive organization. We do lack possession and creativity right now no question. But most of the transfer budget has been focused on defenders, keeper, and midfield. I think he felt the club had existing quality in attack but post FA cup Auba went into a swoon, I don’t think after how good he was for us that anyone predicted that.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Do you think Arteta’s style is in reaction to the porous defenses we have had in the years before he arrived? I think any manager that took over with half a brain when Arteta did would first focus on improving the team shape and defensive organization. We do lack possession and creativity right now no question. But most of the transfer budget has been focused on defenders, keeper, and midfield. I think he felt the club had existing quality in attack but post FA cup Auba went into a swoon, I don’t think after how good he was for us that anyone predicted that.

He has been here for 3 years, not 3 months ffs.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Thats actually a very good point. Further confirmation that Saliba probably never will play a single minute for us.
Lol, nonsense. Saliba is a 20 year old CB who was 18 when Mikel arrived here. Tavares is a 21 year old who we bought to integrate into the first team, but whose relative young age (something that applies for most of the side, but does *not* make it the same case for Saliba--there are ages, and ages, especially wrt to certain positions) makes these comments appropriate.

You lot have been wrong about everything (on Saliba--not sure whether these parentheses are that necessary, or if it should read 'on Arsenal' or 'on Arteta,') so far, why not just pipe down a bit with the foaming at the mouth schtick and watch what happens.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is their ceiling though I think. We do it in spurts and moments while still clearly having the scope to be much better to the eye, whereas Moyes has basically finished what he came there to do. I’ll take finishing above them this season at any cost, then hopefully we can add a mid and a suitable forward or two in the summer.

They’ve bought really well tbh. Guys like Soucek and Coufal were tiny outlays and have been among their better players.

Even though there’s no real star out of Bowen, Benrahma, Lanzini or Fornals they’re all at a similar level which has really helped Antonio.

For us we’ve bought a lot of young players this summer and when you look at the squad we’re still one or two short.

With them you’re right that this is probably their peak. Once they sell Rice they’re probably going to start sliding as Antonio ages.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We're worse in virtually every metric after a complete overhaul we didn't even need.
Yeah because we were racking up clean sheets in the Late Wenger period and under Emery, clean sheets are a metric last time I checked. If you don’t think Gabriel or Ramsdale and the rest of the defense are not an upgrade on what existed immediately before you are in the distinct minority

Latest posts+

Top Bottom