• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Camus

Trusted ⭐
What did he think of Emery?
He was incredibly critical of Emery, said he was a disaster hire from the start and even questioned why we hired him given the "credentials" he had. And yet defends a manager with literally zero credentials.

This is the absolute most infuriating thing to me with people like him. I just want people to be logically/rationally consistent, it drives me mad that people can't see how irrational they are being.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Everything I wrote in my post is spot on. I'm sure @American_Gooner can find some posts of some Arteta-in guys sometime ago who were saying West Ham had a better team than us when they finished above us last season. And I'm pretty sure some of those posters will repeat that nonsense if West Ham finish above us again.
Not sure about A-M posts but:

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
What posters do you really describe here? You are painting a picture of some A-M posters that don't really exist. Give me one poster "that laughed off consistent top 4 under Wenger, who continue to praise the smallest of wins by Arteta". I don't think these posters exist outside of you interpretation of posts.

I can accept that people, including myself, who were staunch Wenger-Out, can be considered having been wrong. Maybe we would have been in a better position had Wenger stayed on. I personally doubt it as I think it would have just become worse, but that is a matter of opinion as this didn't happen.

What I find interesting though is that you say that supporting Arteta is difficult because of a perceived hypocrisy on part of some posters. Trust me when I say this: There are better reasons not to be a staunch Arteta supporter outside of that.
Wenger would’ve challenged for the title with proper reinforcements. But the toxic atmosphere at home games, agenda driven media and frankly the terrible player investment meant we fell short. I will always blame the owners for not having the right infrastructure to get us the players we needed. Wenger always wanted top players but the board never backed him to pay the money to get them. That only changed in the last season.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
With Ole being sacked. I’m now hopeful that Arteta will get sacked if we’re 7th or below by GW20. Our board is about as incompetent as the United board. So I imagine they’ll behave similarly.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've quite enjoyed reading this and all I'll say is that we have to differentiate between standards and expectations. Sometimes the two are aligned but our standards are CL football. That's what we had for years, what made us a household name outside of England abd ehat makes a club a big club. Standards (on and off the putch) are set in stone. As for expectations, we have a novice DoF and manager and a youngish group of players. Having seen the levels each individual player can reach, I don't think it's unfair that our expectations include better football, maybe Wengerball lite in patches. Or, maybe we can expect a Graham-esque defence that you expect to be hard to breach. After two years, there's nothing but stats. Stats shouldn't be used or twisted to defend where we are now. We can see that we're still unbalanced and against any decent team, we struggle. With the money spent and Arteta supposedly intelligent and gifted the expectations are so low with so many reasons that it become madness not to address it now. He's mostly sub standard and relying on luck.

Top Bottom