• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These players are d*ckheads anyways, they turned on Emery for less he really only had probs with Özil (and Xhaka when he stripped captaincy).

Arteta has been picking fights with players and leaving them on the naughty step for 2 years now. Picking Nketiah ahead of certain senior attackers.

Spineless on and off the pitch these lot. They will turn up against Southampton and force a result with a sh*tty deflected goal and celebrate, just arseholes.
The article in Athletic today by Amy Lawrence is doing her bit again for the Arteta PR machine.

Thomas Partey:
'Quite apart from the long-range shots of desperation, the ball doesn’t stick. Passes are not always slick. He is being crowded out. He is being hemmed in. His reading of danger is inhibited, his forward momentum is limited.'

I'm thinking she's going to blame Arteta, but no. Lot's of player are struggling away from Atletico.

'Perhaps it is a coincidence, but maybe there is more to it than meets the eye when considering how Partey is not the only coveted Atletico player of recent times, carved out of the Diego Simeone system, who has not relocated well. Saul Niguez looks shellshocked at Chelsea. Antoine Griezmann’s spark was dimmed at Barcelona. All these players have looked unrecognisable away from the foundry that cast them as examples of footballing excellence.'

And then comes the crunch. We need better players around him. 😂

'At Arsenal he is not a cog in the machine, he is expected to be an all-action pivot, gathering the ball from the defence and using it progressively. That is not easy when he is being closed down by pressing opponents and he doesn’t have the reliable cogs around him to share the load.'

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Most of our players are youngsters or bought by Arteta and have only been here this season, so they aren't gonna do much at this stage...while all our players over 25, are either terrible or playing terribly and (bar Partey) they couldn't get a move to a better team than Arsenal at this point.

Considering the board have shown they will back Arteta when it comes to players (Guendo or Saliba) why would they risk anything?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The article in Athletic today by Amy Lawrence is doing her bit again for the Arteta PR machine.

Thomas Partey:
'Quite apart from the long-range shots of desperation, the ball doesn’t stick. Passes are not always slick. He is being crowded out. He is being hemmed in. His reading of danger is inhibited, his forward momentum is limited.'

I'm thinking she's going to blame Arteta, but no. Lot's of player are struggling away from Atletico.

'Perhaps it is a coincidence, but maybe there is more to it than meets the eye when considering how Partey is not the only coveted Atletico player of recent times, carved out of the Diego Simeone system, who has not relocated well. Saul Niguez looks shellshocked at Chelsea. Antoine Griezmann’s spark was dimmed at Barcelona. All these players have looked unrecognisable away from the foundry that cast them as examples of footballing excellence.'

'At Arsenal he is not a cog in the machine, he is expected to be an all-action pivot, gathering the ball from the defence and using it progressively. That is not easy when he is being closed down by pressing opponents and he doesn’t have the reliable cogs around him to share the load.'
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
These players are d*ckheads anyways, they turned on Emery for less he really only had probs with Özil (and Xhaka when he stripped captaincy).

Arteta has been picking fights with players and leaving them on the naughty step for 2 years now. Picking Nketiah ahead of certain senior attackers.

Spineless on and off the pitch these lot. They will turn up against Southampton and force a result with a sh*tty deflected goal and celebrate, just arseholes.
I'm done blaming the players. This 100000% lies with the coach. There's no Holding, Mustafi, Cedric, David Luiz, Kolasinac, Cellabos to scapegoat. The players we signed in the summer are good players. The core of our team is filled with good players. We have a better team than Everton. We have a worse coach than Everton though.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Most of our players are youngsters or bought by Arteta and have only been here this season, so they aren't gonna do much at this stage...while all our players over 25, are either terrible or playing terribly and (bar Partey) they couldn't get a move to a better team than Arsenal at this point.

Considering the board have shown they will back Arteta when it comes to players (Guendo or Saliba) why would they risk anything?
Why aren't they going to do much at this stage, we paid top dollar for them. 2007/8 we had an even younger side bought cheaply, after parting with a lot of older players. They went straight to the top of the EPL, playing beautiful football.

But then we had a top manager. There's a reason both the youngsters and the older players are all struggling and it's not 'time to bed in' or ageing problems imo.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Thomas Partey:

Saul has been **** for a while and for every Griezmann there’s a Rodri. Amy Lawrence can get ****ed.

Riou

Why aren't they going to do much at this stage, we paid top dollar for them. 2007/8 we had an even younger side bought cheaply, after parting with a lot of older players. They went straight to the top of the EPL, playing beautiful football.

But then we had a top manager. There's a reason both the youngsters and the older players are all struggling and it's not 'time to bed in' or ageing problems imo.

Meant aren't going to do much to get Arteta sacked, there isn't really a reason for most to down tools on him at this point.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm ngl i haven't taken to any of this current lot at all. Probably the most dislikeable Arsenal squad I can remember, I'm not saying they're horrible people far from it most of them but I'm just not drawn to them really.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Some of these lads aren't getting a look in under a proper manager either. It's not like they can down tools and be guaranteed they'll play under the next manager while anyone who is is simply too young to do that sort of thing.

Not that I'd ever advocate for downing tools.

RunTheTrap

Thomas Partey:

Partey's problems are down to him. He had good games playing with Elneny, Cellabos and Xhaka. All differing cogs. The lack of movement up front hinders his passing options and why he dwells on the ball for too long but he can normally dribble out of such scenarios. Question is, why do so many of our midfielders have poor periods when playing under Arteta? I feel like midfield is our biggest issue and its mainly because there is no identity to what our midfield should be doing. They are not possession based, counter pressing or shot supressing. The midfield only gets the ball up the pitch and that's it.

P.S. comparing Partey to Saul and Griezzmann makes no sense. Saul was on the decline before leaving Athletico and how many forwards have Barca bought that have struggled to mesh with Messi?

RunTheTrap

I'm ngl i haven't taken to any of this current lot at all. Probably the most dislikeable Arsenal squad I can remember, I'm not saying they're horrible people far from it most of them but I'm just not drawn to them really.
Fair enough. I haven't really liked a bunch of Arsenal players since 10/11 team. The only players I really dislike are: Xhaka, Laca, Pepe, Cedric and Mari.

Riou

Fair enough. I haven't really liked a bunch of Arsenal players since 10/11 team. The only players I really dislike are: Xhaka, Laca, Pepe, Cedric and Mari.

You didn't like the 2013-2015 teams?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Saka seems like a really decent kid, what on earth is there to dislike about him?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saul has been **** for a while and for every Griezmann there’s a Rodri. Amy Lawrence can get ****ed.

Yeah Griezmann was signed when he plays in Messi’s position.

That’s just Bartomeu galaxy brain stuff. As you say Saul had been dusted for time.

Theo Hernandez been class for Milan as well, what about Diego Costa years back as well?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I like ESR, proper player. He may not be endowed with world class technical talent but good enough to be well worth a place with his desire to turn and run at teams. He’s singled handedly saved Arteta’s bacon on several occasions this season and without him even down and out Everton saw a resurgence.

mpower2540

Thomas Partey:

She has to be up there with one of the most cringeworthy writers. I remember her talking about Mikhitaryan after his debut for us against a terrible Everton, that it was like him taking off a heavy suit of armour and he painted pictures all over the pitch. He then went and did **** all in the NLD the game after.

Baffles me how managers get special treatment from the media yet players can get ripped to shreds.

Roy Keane doing impressions of Harry Maguire, calling people spineless and cowards. It’s free reign to say almost whatever you want about players character and quality yet when it comes to managers there’s all of a sudden this weird line where you can’t say they should lose their job and it’s disrespectful to say so.

Then after their inevitable sacking there’s an uncomfortable eulogy with more tirades thrown the players way while making out the manager was thrown under the bus, didn’t deserve it and is a good guy.

RunTheTrap

I'm done blaming the players. This 100000% lies with the coach. There's no Holding, Mustafi, Cedric, David Luiz, Kolasinac, Cellabos to scapegoat. The players we signed in the summer are good players. The core of our team is filled with good players. We have a better team than Everton. We have a worse coach than Everton though.
Furthermore look at the amount of change that has occurred in the last 5 years. We have changed our starting XI at least three times.

Wenger's team:

Cech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscienly-Monreal
Ramsey-Xhaka
Walcott-Özil-Sanchez
Giroud

Emery's team:

Leno
Mustafi-Soktratis-Luiz
Bellerin-Guendouzi-Xhaka-Kolasinac
Mkhi
Laca-Auba

Arteta's team:

Ramsdale
Tomi-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
Auba

I am picking players based on their appearances and the formations we mostly used btw. As you can see over the past 5 years, the team has undergone a lot of change in players and play style and we have looked worse. The above players were weak but we have improved but our position in the table has regressed. So with better players but with a worse coach we are sinking lower and lower, therefore the biggest factor is the manager.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom