• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I actually want words and phrases like “write off”, “free hit”, “mentality”, “trust the process” and any articles from the Athletic, Gunnerblog or Arseblog to be blocked. If Arteta wants to be Kim Jong Il two can play that game. 1984 type of beat. Call me George Orwell.
It is a write off and they are my own words, not some artetasexual journo!!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel like we over-index the toxicity of fans and social media. No serious club lets their fans influence them. If that were the case, Ben White and Ramsdale wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have left Highbury. We wouldn't have sold RvP to United, Cesc to Barca, Nasri to City etc. I want to believe our voice is important, even if its toxic, but that is not the reality. And there are fans way more toxic than us and still get what they want. If you think we're trouble, imagine Real Madrid or Barca fans. Especially for Barca where the club has become the face of the Catalan people. Wenger left because we had one of the worst away records in the English football period. Our fans wanted Arteta because they fell for The Athletic's PR machine that convinced many he was the less focially challenged Pep.

Our issue has been the recruitment in key areas that have absolutely shafted us. Raul was a crook, Arteta/Unai were not the right men for the club and Edu has little experience in the European market (although Edu has signed some good players this summer). Another problem is our lack of aggression to move forward with key decisions. As much as we love Wenger, he should have left years before. Imagine if we got Klopp in 2014 after the FA Cup win? Think how much better we would have been as a club. That's what a smart club does. They move in quick and don't let things meander into mediocrity. Liverpool sacked Rodgers after bringing to 2nd place the season before. Chelsea sacked their best ever player and got Tuchel.
Can’t agree with that bro. Once people stop turning up to the stadium the club has to take action. No choice

And fans weren’t hardcore violent ones like some of the more extreme clubs . . that’s old fashioned stuff. Our fans were much more insidious using social media techniques. Literally the whole world knew Arsenal was Wenger Out, the placards cropped up at all kinds of international events. I’ve never seen that for any other club or manager. Any campaign that can persuade 90% of Arsenal fans that after being 2nd, following 20 years of top 4, you need to remove the manager must have been beyond effective. And it just roller coastered over his last two years. The psychological impact on the manager and players must have been enormous. There are some posters on here who say it shouldn’t have affected him and the players, but they’re just talking through their arse.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can't imagine someone didn't at least try to talk to Auba in summer 2020, surely?

He was one of the most inform forwards in the world at that point, plus only had a year remaining.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone have a small banner flying plane I could borrow for the weekend? I never want Arsenal to lose but it's better that the performance and stats align before the next window. Hopefully fan discontent and universal mockery force Kroenke to sack Arteta. No wonder he's been so vocal about Wenger returning. He wants to hide under that massive Nike coat. And Miguel Molina was talking over a month ago iirc maybe two about continuing Wengers legacy. The coaching staff are desperate and haven't known what to do for a while
Think many saw that Wenger talk for what it was. I have no proof but if we were flying and in the CL I’m not sure Arteta would be speaking about getting Wenger back tbh.

If we AM posters were noticing the luck we were relying on and the poor stats we were posting then Arteta definitely did. The guy knows that he’s years away (if ever) from actually deserving this job and I think what we’re seeing is a guy in survival mode.

The Nketiah stuff alone shows that the guy is losing it. The media are slowly starting to turn and I’m starting to feel like I might actually wake up from this never ending nightmare sooner rather than later. Unfortunately it means we probably require another couple losses in our next three games as we all know our management are looking for any excuse to keep Arteta on.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It is a write off and they are my own words, not some artetasexual journo!!
We’re 4 points off top 4 playing once a week. We should be trying our hardest to get top 4. Absolutely embarrassing for a club of our size to have multiple off seasons in a row because we’re not aggressive.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Why is he so cocky? He seems to think or act as if he’s some legend of the game, you’re a nobody.

I genuinely dislike him.
It’s why I’ll always struggle to get behind him even if we do start showing improvements and results. I won’t call for him to be sacked but I just don’t like his vibe.

The whole non-negotiable authoritarian thing and freezing out players isn’t something you’d expect from a new manager, that’s the kind of thing that experienced coaches with proven track records can do. I just don’t like his style of man-management, never have, never will.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It’s why I’ll always struggle to get behind him even if we do start showing improvements and results. I won’t call for him to be sacked but I just don’t like his vibe.

The whole non-negotiable authoritarian thing and freezing out players isn’t something you’d expect from a new manager, that’s the kind of thing that experienced coaches with proven track records can do. I just don’t like his style of man-management, never have, never will.

Wouldn't you like your boss to pay you for not having to do any work and maybe even get a transfer to a position on sunny France, tho?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I can't imagine someone didn't at least try to talk to Auba in summer 2020, surely?

He was one of the most inform forwards in the world at that point, plus only had a year remaining.
Some rumours about Barca and even City and that was this summer…no smoke without fire I’m sure.

He would have been even more desirable last summer on a short term kind of thing.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We’re 4 points off top 4 playing once a week. We should be trying our hardest to get top 4. Absolutely embarrassing for a club of our size to have multiple off seasons in a row because we’re not aggressive.
We should but we wont, Tets will not get us europe.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Lemme guess. The weather was really bad and we just need to take a free hit.
Imagine knowing this yet repeating the same approach in every match.

Has Arteta ever made an unforced sub before 60 minutes? Has he ever played anything other than a double pivot in midfield?

The difference between a philosophy and a template is that the former can be tailored to the qualities of the players available.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
There is a pathetic acceptance and apathy around this club.

United (as **** as they were under ole) act like a big club. We don’t… delaying the inevitable until another season is wasted and we fall further behind.

Arteta should have been sacked after the Villarreal farce, playing the second leg without a striker whilst we had Balogun sitting on the bench.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Think most of you are extremely harsh on Arteta. You need to take into account that his season starts in January.
Who all are still in the 'Arteta In' brigade?

Just so that I could avoid you lot on here.

Think it's only me, @Rex Banter, @albakos and @Trilly left?

share jericho GIF

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
There is a pathetic acceptance and apathy around this club.

United (as **** as they were under ole) act like a big club. We don’t… delaying the inevitable until another season is wasted and we fall further behind.

Arteta should have been sacked after the Villarreal farce, playing the second leg without a striker whilst we had Balogun sitting on the bench.
He has favorites that he plays despite performance and then players he wants to freeze out even if they play well. To me still can’t understand the method to his team sheets or subs

scytheavatar

Established Member

If a big club like Barca or Madrid really wanted Auba, they would have signed him way back when he was a Dortmund player. And showing better form than he ever showed for us. They know that Auba is an Özil tier player and clubs with ambition need to aim higher than him.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He has favorites that he plays despite performance and then players he wants to freeze out even if they play well. To me still can’t understand the method to his team sheets or subs

Arteta probably doesn't believe stats are anything more than made up numbers either, so his method is purely based on his own flawless views.

Perhaps if he was a bit taller he'd get a better view of the pitch and make better decisions.

View attachment mikel-arteta-arteta.mp4

Latest posts+

Top Bottom