• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

TornadoTed

Established Member
I can't imagine someone didn't at least try to talk to Auba in summer 2020, surely?

He was one of the most inform forwards in the world at that point, plus only had a year remaining.
My guess was that it was common knowledge that we were prepared to pay and he was looking for £300k+. That shrinks the market down to 4-5 clubs in the World and they probably already have better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I can't imagine someone didn't at least try to talk to Auba in summer 2020, surely?

He was one of the most inform forwards in the world at that point, plus only had a year remaining.
Was Chelsea in Jan and Barcelona in the summer, he himself and Eric Abidal confirmed the latter. The Chelsea thing came out after Lampard got sacked, he wanted him.

That's why I lost a bit of respect for him and repeat that every so often.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fans on social media called for Wenger's head, then begged the club to get Arteta.

Absolute state of Arsenal fans, ffs!
Season ticket holders not turning up to matches had by far the biggest impact, but everyone including @Makingtrax knows this (he even said it in his previous post ffs!) . The other two who liked your post know this as well.

You had the loud minority but it was the indifferent majority who sent Wengz packing.

The cognitive dissonance is absolutely raging on AM these days. One of the most dishonest places on the internet after Fox News!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Auba being 31 and having just won the FA cup, made him feel quite happy here, probably thought Champions League was attainable by the club at that point..if he was in his mid 20s, he probably would have moved on.

Though this Barca team are pretty awful, so even if he did go there, so it's not like he would have achieved much there anyway.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Hard to blame Auba when we've created less than one big chance per game according to skysports stats.

imagine being a pure goalscorer, and having less than a big chance a gam. best strikers' conversion rate in the PL is around 30%. Of course if you're totally off rythm you're more prone to miss sitters. And then it ****s up your confidence, and you play even worse, being trapped in a negative loop.

I would gladly admit that Auba is washed if he was put into good situations where he used to be great at, and he was still ruining chances after chances.

q90etprgd6481.jpg

Not surprising to see a goalscorer struggling in such a situation. Let's give him a break here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hard to blame Auba when we've created less than one big chance per game according to skysports stats.

imagine being a pure goalscorer, and having less than a big chance a gam. best strikers' conversion rate in the PL is around 30%. Of course if you're totally off rythm you're more prone to miss sitters. And then it ****s up your confidence, and you play even worse, being trapped in a negative loop.

I would gladly admit that Auba is washed if he was put into good situations where he used to be great at, and he was still ruining chances after chances.

q90etprgd6481.jpg

Not surprising to see a goalscorer struggling in such a situation. Let's give him a break here.

He’s in bad form but some of the games this year have been brutal to watch.

Create nothing at all.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Bit weird that Arteta's press conference transcript was taken down from Arsenal.com, no? I didn't see the match and was gonna have a look at it on Tuesday and it was there but didn't feel like reading that **** still, today I've had a look and nothing. Maybe I'm being paranoid but strange they take that down, no?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we had a more attacking manager, I still think Auba would be in with a chance to win the golden boot.

Bit weird that Arteta's press conference transcript was taken down from Arsenal.com, no? I didn't see the match and was gonna have a look at it on Tuesday and it was there but didn't feel like reading that **** still, today I've had a look and nothing. Maybe I'm being paranoid but strange they take that down, no?

He's been sacked, per my source...Wilshere as interim for the rest of the season, Parlour as his assistant.

The good times are back, least on Tuesday nights anyway!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

q90etprgd6481.jpg

It would be interesting to see where our conversion rate as a team ranks. I don't expect it's much worse than some of the better performing sides, but as you say, our chances are more of a premium, perhaps because we are trying to score every goal by design (not aesthetically, but in such a way that allows us to retain a defensive shape while attacking).

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Season ticket holders not turning up to matches had by far the biggest impact, but everyone including @Makingtrax knows this (he even said it in his previous post ffs!) . The other two who liked your post know this as well.

You had the loud minority but it was the indifferent majority who sent Wengz packing.

The cognitive dissonance is absolutely raging on AM these days. One of the most dishonest places on the internet after Fox News!
Please don’t bring god awful Fox propaganda channel into it but I love the venom lol

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
There is no guarantee of course.

But I do think, based on the feedback from professionals in the game, that he will become a great manager in future. That's exactly what I think the club are continuing to gamble on.

Ahahahahaha you cannot be serious right? Are you still hanging your hat on meaningless public praise? You do realise management is a role where you get a lot of flak, so managers will ALWAYS have each other’s back. It’s meaningless.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I find this really baffling. Am I in some weird alternate reality? Arteta has no track record whatsoever as a manager. There is ZERO evidence that he's any good. But somehow it just seems to be OK for a lot of people that he is the manager of Arsenal FC. We might be on a away down but we're still a big club. There is no reason for an assistant coach to be our manager. Where does this utterly blind faith come from? Am I missing something? I know there are also critical voices towards him among the fan base but still, way too much acceptance. Everybody should be full on "Arteta out" at this point. Zero progress whatsoever in 3 years. It's insane for this to be OK to any fan. We've basically chained our entire club to a project to just see if Arteta can do a job as manager or is he just an assistant coach. This kind of projects belong to Tier 3 football league, not Arsenal FC.
Exactly how I feel. It’s ****ing mad. Fans are dumb as ****.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Mate, I dont think any serious organisation would take a key decision because they feel bad about a previous decision, and want to correct it.

Organisations work on generating profits, getting back greater returns for any investments made. Once the bottom line starts to suffer, investors lose confidence, or not enough returns on investment, do you see changes being made.

You should be asking yourself... "when does the Arteta investment not seem worth it anymore", not "We've given Arteta 2 years. Do you think people will forgive us now for how we mistreated Emery".
Arsenal isn’t a serious organisation. That’s the mistake you’re making. Clearly the club is being run by muppets.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That guy was smart, he saw it was all going to fall apart, his boys had got sacked etc, so he decided to leave. He even made out like he was too good for AM.

He was massive on the “everything will be ok after Wenger” train.

Lol he’s not that smart.

Came back in February because he thought we’d turned the corner. Only for Mikel to pull off his greatest achievement and get knocked out of our only chance of CL football by Don Unai and had to disappear again.

Absolutely mugged himself off there big time :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just changed my vote! I am sick and tired of this mediocrity! Arteta out!
I voted he had to get top 4 to keep his job as a reasoned at the start of the season he had been in charge for a while, just came off a window in which we spend the most of any football club in the world, didn't have any European games as distraction. I even said top 4 isn't as far away as it seems, last season the 4th placed team got 67 points, the season before 66. Meaning there are usually 2 or 3 exceptional sides in any given year. There is always a few of the big teams struggling for whatever reason....a manager leaving, a rebuild, freak injury crises etc. And low and behold it turned out the same this season. City, Liverpool and Chelsea seem untouchable but after that there is 1 spot available for the CL places.

Let me emphasis the points again. Arteta has been in charge for 2 years, he has been given complete control to mould and shape this squad the way he wanted to. Add we aren't in Europe which is a huge advantage over the other sides. There is not a single excuse left which can explain why we aren't challenging for that 4th place. I genuinely think if we take into consideration the time and resources plus the considerable power he wields in the club, there isn't a manager in the PL who is doing a worse job than him. To top it all off he seems to be under zero pressure. The mind boggles.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom