• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Vicki

6th May, 2018
Arsenal 5 Burnley 0
Wenger's last home game

6th May, 2021
Arsenal 0-0 Villarreal
Arteta's last home game?

Iceman10

Established Member
I refuse to believe the players trust the process after seeing countless performances like that this season. That wouldn't make any sense. I dont mind seeing players take responsibility from time to time to deflect some flack from their manager because that takes guts and maturity. But I don't want to see a situation where they're just covering for him and beating themselves up in public, because that wont help either.
When Martinelli was coming on as sub Arteta had his hand on his shoulder giving instructions. Martinelli didn’t look interested. Can blame the player for that but it is also a lack of close connection between manager and player, definitely nothing like Pep and Foden. There was a good comment in this thread yesterday about personality and charisma. From the outside it just looks like Arteta is way too cold, having gone too far with a sort of authoritarianism.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pretty sure Arteta has threatened them into this united front facade. Özil wouldn't play the game...I can't wait for the tales that come out after Arteta leaves.
Moving a bit too near cultish for me... I don't think I've heard him blame himself unreservedly yet which, in the spirit of fairness, balance and... unity, wouldn't really go amiss.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This season will fizzle out now. If the fans are back in August the pressure will be immense.

The team will need to hit the ground running, or this will quickly become unsavoury.

It's difficult to see how he can take us from here.

A deeply disappointing evening that mimics our season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When Martinelli was coming on as sub Arteta had his hand on his shoulder giving instructions. Martinelli didn’t look interested. Can blame the player for that but it is also a lack of close connection between manager and player, definitely nothing like Pep and Foden. There was a good comment in this thread yesterday about personality and charisma. From the outside it just looks like Arteta is way too cold, having gone too far with a sort of authoritarianism.
Yeah I think he's got it in his head that he could possibly improve on Pep by being a bit harder with them, but his theory is rubbish. He's alright when we;re winning, but he seems to turn cold and aloof when it;s not going so well.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Ok

1st question of the night.

What team has 2 loan players part of their first 11?

City
United
Liverpool
Leicester
Sp**s
Everton

Don't think so.

Arsenal? Of course.

This club is rotten to the core.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Somebody on this forum actually said they’d rather keep Arteta than make a short term hire who would win us more games.

The sad thing is that outside of this forum it feels like a lot of our fans have a similar stance. I don’t know why and how he’s managed to entrance our fan base like this.

People were worried about the optics of sacking a guy you just promoted, well now we’re about to have our first season without European football in 25 years. I hope they’re happy. And no, we’re not going to do a Leicester/Liverpool/Chelsea and have a strong domestic season without European distractions, we’re just going to continue to be **** unless serious change is made this summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Getting knocked out by the guy the higher-ups deemed as not good enough with worse individual players really says a lot about just how bad Arteta is. We failed at the first sign of facing a half decent team, and I think half decent is being kind.

I’m getting angrier with each post.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Somebody on this forum actually said they’d rather keep Arteta than make a short term hire who would win us more games.

The sad thing is that outside of this forum it feels like a lot of our fans have a similar stance. I don’t know why and how he’s managed to entrance our fan base like this.

People were worried about the optics of sacking a guy you just promoted, well now we’re about to have our first season without European football in 25 years. I hope they’re happy. And no, we’re not going to do a Leicester/Liverpool/Chelsea and have a strong domestic season without European distractions, we’re just going to continue to be **** unless serious change is made this summer.
Think fans just want a manager who puts Arsenal first. It also helps him that fans have seen managerial changes and are now going for the higher ups. Had Arteta come instead of Emery, he would probably have been fired to take away the criticism from Kroenkes...

Arteta needs to just build a style and stick to it. We have the young talent on the pitch and a highly regarded young coach.

Henry himself said, as part of the bidding team, the problem is more away from the pitch. That needs sorting out first.

Edu and Vinai aren't doing a good job in recruitment, get rid of them.

Kroenkes are not investing in the club, get rid.

When there is a new structure and we are still dross, by that point you get rid of the coach.

We can't get rid of Arteta, Kroenkes and Edu Vinai all in one fell swoop.

Vicki

This Season at home

Lost to Leicester 0-1, Villa 0-3, Wolves 1-2, Burnley 0-1,
Man City 1-4 in Carabao, Man City 0-1, Olympiacos 0-1, Liverpool 0-3, Everton 0-1

Drawn with Southampton 1-1, Palace 0-0, ManU 0-0, Slavia Prague 1-1, Fulham 1-1, Villareal 0-0

Wins versus West Ham 2-1, Sheff. Utd 2-1, Dundalk 3-0, Molde 4-1, Rapid Vienna 4-1, Chelsea 3-1, Newcastle 2-0 Cup, Newcastle 3-0, Leeds 4-2, Benfica 3-2, Sp**s 2-1

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This season will fizzle out now. If the fans are back in August the pressure will be immense.

The team will need to hit the ground running, or this will quickly become unsavoury.

It's difficult to see how he can take us from here.

A deeply disappointing evening that mimics our season.
It’s kinda sad they can’t see how untenable this is when fans come back. Exactly like Emery situation. They seem to think new season new start and everything is forgotten.

Vicki

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta speaking to BT Sport: "We are devastated. Really disappointed. We have to congratulate Villarreal. We tried everything until the last minute. I think we deserved to win the game but the details define these ties. The only way [to qualify for Europe] is through the Premier League so we know what we have ahead of us. Today is a big disappointment because we tried everything."

So Mikel still thinks we can get into Europe?
Through the Premier League?
OK then...

I won't even mention the 'tried everything' line

Iceman10

Established Member
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta speaking to BT Sport: "We are devastated. Really disappointed. We have to congratulate Villarreal. We tried everything until the last minute. I think we deserved to win the game but the details define these ties. The only way [to qualify for Europe] is through the Premier League so we know what we have ahead of us. Today is a big disappointment because we tried everything."

OK then...

Whatever happens I really don’t want us to be in that new third tier tournament next season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

OK then...

We had 4 shots on target over two legs and he think we deserve to go through. They should have won by bigger margin first tie.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom