• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If we bring back Saliba do we need another CB?

No I don't think so. I'll get killed for this, but is keeping Luiz around for another year the worst idea? I mean especially if we tell him he'll take a back seat and we'll focus on having Saliba and Gabriel as our main pairing then I don't see what's wrong with it.

Just need a manager who's willing to work and improve them both.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
No I don't think so. I'll get killed for this, but is keeping Luiz around for another year the worst idea? I mean especially if we tell him he'll take a back seat and we'll focus on having Saliba and Gabriel as our main pairing then I don't see what's wrong with it.

If they play I am ok with that... Better to give them time than Mari and Holding... Luiz at least can tutor them. I don't even know why Gabriel didn't play. Is he injured?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gabriel-Saliba will be disastrous. Gabriel is still far too rash and inexperienced and he himself needs an experienced partner.

That said as long as it's not Balding and the Big Daddy Cool Diesel, it's definitely better than that.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Based on goals conceded, only Man City, Chelsea and Manchester United have conceded less goals than we have. That tells me we have improved as a defensive unit and are hard to beat. We just can't score or create consistently. The table tells you this....View attachment 2837
@Riou

tenor.gif

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel-Saliba will be disastrous. Gabriel is still far too rash and inexperienced and he himself needs an experienced partner.

That said as long as it's not Balding and the Big Daddy Cool Diesel, it's definitely better than that.

I mean we've never paired Saliba with Gabriel, it's pure speculation that it wouldn't work. Why don't we just pair them in pre-season and give it a go. Cos on paper, looking at their stats, together they constitute a perfect CB pairing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don’t care tho, I wanna see us develop them, what do we have to lose now anyway?

Tir Na Nog

I mean we've never paired Saliba with Gabriel, it's pure speculation that it wouldn't work. Why don't we just pair them in pre-season and give it a go. Cos on paper, looking at their stats, together they constitute a perfect CB pairing.

Because Gabriel has been pretty horrendous most of the season, let's just be blunt about it. Also I'm a great believer in the need for experience at the back. If Chelsea see it as a necessity to have Silva back there, even playing three CBs because his experience is absolutely vital. If you're playing two young CBs one of whom is incredibly easy, the other not used to PL football, then expect to see a lot of goals. For me it's one or the other alongside someone like Luiz or another CB if we want to be somewhat solid.

Tir Na Nog

I don’t care tho, I wanna see us develop them, what do we have to lose now anyway?

Goals and matches if what we have to lose. I suppose those things can't get much worse barring an actual relegation battle, im just saying if we're hoping to get back to challenging CL then it's certainly not with such an I experienced CB pairing

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also we shouln't play two young CBs cos that's the interesting hipster thing to do, we should play two young CBs cos we spent 60m on them and we should start getting value for our money goddamn it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Goals and matches if what we have to lose. I suppose those things can't get much worse barring an actual relegation battle, im just saying if we're hoping to get back to challenging CL then it's certainly not with such an I experienced CB pairing

Nice aren't in a relegation battle with Saliba and Todibo, they're the ones that helped save them from a relegation battle. Saliba and Gabriel are two objectively very promising CBs. We didn't just spent 60m on them by mistake, lots of other clubs wanted them. We scouted those players, we closed the deals, now play them together. If you wanna extend Luiz for a year just for experience and to play sporadically then cool, I don't mind that.

If anything the problem might be Holding playing too much. Cos he isn't really offering anything right now, apart from being a nice English lad.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No the problem is that he said it in order to shift blame for this season away from himself and onto those who came before him, which patently false.
I get that, and he needs to go as I’ve said many times. But he’s still right, the decline started 5 years ago. That’s blatantly true from our finishes.

As soon as Wenger started to be run out of town the failings of the clowns owning this club became stark sparingly obvious. And their decisions since Emery left have been laughable . . appointing rookies at all levels, sacking scouts, stance on Özil, allowing dealings with dubious agents etc. It was only ever going one way.

GLITCH

I took a look at rivals forums and they are all begging that tricky Micky would stay. We're laughing stock right now.

Netflix could do some dark comedy series about us.
That's to be expected. The media have been at it as well, disingenuously singing his praises. You'll know we're onto something good when they switch to the negative narrative with regards to whomever our manager will be.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I get that, and he needs to go as I’ve said many times. But he’s still right, the decline started 5 years ago. That’s blatantly true from our finishes.

As soon as Wenger started to be run out of town the failings of the clowns owning this club became stark sparingly obvious. And their decisions since Emery left have been laughable . . appointing rookies at all levels, sacking scouts, stance on Özil, allowing dealings with dubious agents etc. It was only ever going one way.
No no, you can't have your cake and eat it too, @Makingtrax, it will not wash. And please, let's concentrate on Arteta here. I know the names are somewhat similar and can make it hard to resist the nostalgia, but Arsène is history, let's stick to the present.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Been repeatedly smashing the F5 button in the last 24 hours to see if this bum has been sacked. The fact he's still here shows we have no ambition and reports coming out that they are prepared to give him another season is worrying.
I supposed in any well run club, if fraudteta goes, vinai and edu should gey the chop aswell for backing him, but that's not gonna happen now eh.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom