• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

grange

Losing my brain cells šŸ„ø

Player:Havertz
Thereā€™s nothing rational about backing a manager whoā€™s lost 13 league games and has us in 9th place ffs. Why are the standards so low?

The fans dogged out our greatest ever manager because he wasn't good enough. Maybe your standards have been unrealistic for quite some time now based on the actual trajectory of our club. Our roster is not good enough, point blank. Until the fans here accept that then maybe they can stop emotionally reacting on here every minute of every day.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

How can you have decent XG if your midfield is broken? We have had a broken defence and midfield for a good few years now. Last summer we began the defensive rebuild and this year will be our midfield rebuild. Once we sort the midfield we will score and create more I assure u.

Well Arteta; signed Partey (not saying he's bad), convinced Xhaka to stay (we could've gotten around 20m for him), signed Ceballos for another year, sent away Willock (after not giving him a proper go in his favoured position), sent away AMN (after not giving him a proper go in his favoured position).

So in many ways this is his midfield.

You want to give Arteta more money to try and "sort" this out?

Please stop.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby šŸŽ¼šŸŽµ
A-M CL Draft CampeĆ³n šŸ†
How does Brighton do in the eye test department? Because that's another team that is being called unlucky and that their expected points are more higher than what the league table would suggest. Caveat that it *seems* to me thst the narrative there is that they at least create chances?
Brighton are 4th in xP but they're 15th in reality, their performance levels are incredible considering their squad. They genuinely have been unlucky, it's far more impressive than Arteta being 7th in xP but 10th in the real table.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
My man Oxeki wants @GDeepā„¢ ā€™s most mod edits in a calendar year title.

Iā€™m loving it šŸ¤£
That dude @teamsoutheast is really pissing me off. I've calm down though. I think he was probably trying to get a rise out of me by advocating for more time for Arteta and his 'let him build his team' bullocks

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
We're in transition. I expected there to be a bumpy ride once Wenger left but fans always want sucess immediately. Wenger spoilt you with Europe every season so now you just expect it every year. We'll be back there i'm sure but we just need to make the right additions to our midfield in the summer to get back to firing on all cylinders.
Transition under Emery:
- 5th place (2 pts from 3rd)
- 70 points
- 22 game unbeaten run
- Actually beat Villarreal (lol) and reached EL final
- Spent less than Ā£70M

Transition under Arteta
- Ā£300M in new players (when you include 2019 window)
- First season: 8th place / 56 points / 10 points from 4th
- Currently 10th and on track to have less points than our disaster 2019/20 season
- We are 12 points from 4th
- We also flirted with relegation around Xmas time

So riddle me this. How is it that with MORE time, and more MONEY invested into the squad, Arteta manages to REGRESS from the lows of the 2019/20 season? Shouldnā€™t the time heā€™s had with the squad and the new players mean that we should see some progress from last season? The bar is low ffs.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
The fans dogged out our greatest ever manager because he wasn't good enough. Maybe your standards have been unrealistic for quite some time now based on the actual trajectory of our club. Our roster is not good enough, point blank. Until the fans here accept that then maybe they can stop emotionally reacting on here every minute of every day.
So we're not good enough to finish 6th?

I swear it's like Manberg has infected AM with some type of viral program.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Arteta stays on next season and has a brilliant year...plays the players we all want, plays more attacking football etc...then the fans will accept him again, that's the way it should be tbh...fans shouldn't always back someone if they see no reason too, especially when the manager has shown quite a few flaws this year.

This year was probably always gonna be a transitional year, looking back, think the cup final win made us all get a little excited...but it has also been quite a bad year, Mikel has done things that have rightly turned fans against him.

His treatment of certain players, his overly conservative/controlling approach to games...it has not been a smooth transition, which what fans would have accepted, he has made a lot of avoidable mistakes that have gotten him here.

As I said before...if we finished in 8th this season again, but we played more Saliba's and less Willian's, fans would have been happy imo, they would still have seen progress in that...the fact we are probably gonna finish midtable, with a lot of the same experienced players playing, with the same bullshit over and over we have already seen over and over, has rightly annoyed people.

Arteta has lost a lot of the goodwill this season, that he built up last season...it's up to him to try and get that back (if he can) and if he can't turn it around, he will rightly be moved on at some point.

blaze_of_glory

We're in transition. I expected there to be a bumpy ride once Wenger left but fans always want sucess immediately. Wenger spoilt you with Europe every season so now you just expect it every year. We'll be back there i'm sure but we just need to make the right additions to our midfield in the summer to get back to firing on all cylinders.
I also thought it would be rough after Wenger and said so on here when Wenger was leaving. But I also expected the club to carry forward on top of the foundations Wenger built, especially around playing style, etc. and improve over a few seasons with those aspects underpinning some new ideas.

Instead we've had three years of absolutely dire football, poor decisions on personnel both on the field and off, and a complete betrayal of everything that came before.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So we're not good enough to finish 6th?

I swear it's like Manberg has infected AM with some type of viral program.

Imagine being Grange and having to bootlick to Southwest because the only other options are either lol-ustaadh (who doesn't want to get into it for his own reasons), or menaces like Manberg, who no one wants to be associated with.

Even hairspray or Abou have mostly jumped ship.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Oh and Arteta still F*CKING SUCKS DONKEY BALLS AT SUBSTITUTIONS, it's so annoying and it's getting worse not better :facepalm:

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€
Also if you can't experiment when you're midtable and everyone's given up hope already, then when can you?
Because he has one idea and won't move from that. He clearly has one idea to play football and its that way or no way. Not adaptable. He could have 4 defenders without legs lying on the pitch and he would still want them to play out from the back.

teamsoutheast

Transition under Emery:
- 5th place (2 pts from 3rd)
- 70 points
- 22 game unbeaten run
- Actually beat Villarreal (lol) and reached EL final
- Spent less than Ā£70M

Transition under Arteta
- Ā£300M in new players (when you include 2019 window)
- First season: 8th place / 56 points / 10 points from 4th
- Currently 10th and on track to have less points than our disaster 2019/20 season
- We are 12 points from 4th
- We also flirted with relegation around Xmas time

So riddle me this. How is it that with MORE time, and more MONEY invested into the squad, Arteta manages to REGRESS from the lows of the 2019/20 season? Shouldnā€™t the time heā€™s had with the squad and the new players mean that we should see some progress from last season? The bar is low ffs.

I actually liked Emery and thought he just needed more time and it was primarily the language barrier that hindered him. I would have given Emery 3 years and then see where we are after that. But fans were too impatient and wanted immediate success. Fans even downplayed the 22 game unbeated run at the time and said we were too defensive and didn't create enough, when in reality, we were never going to control games in midfield with Torreira and Xhaka. I think the board always wanted Arteta but Emery's interview was just way too impressive for them to turn him down and some agreement must have been made with Arteta that they'll come back for him if things didn't work out with Emery (and they did). Where do you get the 300m that Arteta spent from? Don't be making up BS please.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Joke of a club, he's still not sacked which is not suprising with this ambitionless pit.

Vinai: The **** does this cretin do? Apart from shady **** like ESL

Edu: Get rid, total ****ing novice.

Tricky mickey: Janitor who's found the keys to a better job, went from cleaning sht to showing sht on the field.

owners: Hope his ranch burns down.

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
Because he has one idea and won't move from that. He clearly has one idea to play football and its that way or no way. Not adaptable. He could have 4 defenders without legs lying on the pitch and he would still want them to play out from the back.

Which is exactly why he should play Saliba, he's very good on the ball.

Top Bottom