• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What changes in December?

There was a rumoured offer from Napoli (iirc) for Sokratis in the summer, which we turn down and chose not to register him at all. December came and we paid, him, Mustafi, Özil (still paying if you believe reports), Kola (who took a wage cut when he went on loan tbf). We also didn't register Saliba in any competitions because we decided to loan him with 10 seconds to go until the summer window closed, then loaned him back to France once it reopened. Add Willock, AMN, possibly Nelson and he's right, that's a lot of faces.

I do think @<<reed>> called it right with Arteta being a Josh appointee. Although I don't really like Mik when he talks about the squad like that (as if he didn't have any say in it at all), what really bothered me was the Kroenke ring kissing. Specially if the Ek bid thing is remotely true.

He doesn't have the track record of a Klopp or Pep to hide behind if he goes against the Kroenkes and I understand that, but to be this vocal? My feeling is that he's well aware who keeps him at the helm if things keep this downward trajectory and it's clearly not the fans.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What a coward, seems like he's feeling the pressure and knows he might get the sack. So now what he does, he goes into a media offensive for putting all these silly quotes to try to make it look like he's done the best with an average bunch of players.

Risky strategy. Got some tricky games down the stretch and if the players get too f*cked off they could totally pack it in.

Iceman10

Established Member
What a coward, seems like he's feeling the pressure and knows he might get the sack. So now what he does, he goes into a media offensive for putting all these silly quotes to try to make it look like he's done the best with an average bunch of players.
Hope you are right, but my impression is this is part of a PR campaign on behalf of the owners. It matches up with stuff leaked to the media.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Whilst he hasn't been great I think people are kinda harsh.

There is a point to be made about the squad as a whole.

I think we were forced upon some signings we made. Willian and Cedric would never be at the top of any lists and I doubt Ødegaard was Arteta's first choice. Another stop gap signing because hierarchy can't fork out the funds for proper signings.

I think anyone that manages this club will stumble across the same problems down the line.

Say X new manager comes in, has the summer window. We come 5th but we now need a new striker to push hard for that next level.

City or Chelsea in that scenario fork out the required amount for the required position and get the best they can.

We however wouldn't do that. And this will always be a problem unless KSE actually fund it properly or sell.

Rattata

He won't and that's a way bigger issue than Arteta himself. Giving the keys to two unexperienced people like Arteta and Edu who have already shown that they aren't good enough will set the club back for so many more years.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
What more concrete information do you need? His picture taken with a restaurant owner was posted on IG. He claimed that he travelled to "fulfil image contracts". That was his explanation for travelling when it was allowed only for work and education. That's fine. But apparently the club didn't know his travel plans and he had to miss a day of training because he could participate in it only after his covid test results. When asked about this matter, Arteta told that the issue has been handled internally. But then goes on to throw Auba under the bus in front of press for coming late for training.

This clearly reeks of favouritism.

There were so many cases of favouritism though.

When Pepe got a stupid red card v.Leeds, Arteta threw Pepe under the bus with some harsh words. But then on next games when Xhaka got an equally stupid red card v.Burnley, he protected Xhaka by saying some soft words about how it was heat of moment stuff BS.

Then look at how he has completely frozen Reiss and until late Martinelli too. As @MutableEarth often mentioned, if you had given all of Willian's minutes to Reiss you're probably getting better end results.

Ceballos has stunk the place out during whole season, but he still got loads of minutes, while Willock was ignored.

There are so many inconsistencies with his bullshit "non-negotiables" that are a clear indicator of an incompetent impostor who finds himself wearing a manager's jacket 🙂.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
There were so many cases of favouritism though.

When Pepe got a stupid red card v.Leeds, Arteta threw Pepe under the bus with some harsh words. But then on next games when Xhaka got an equally stupid red card v.Burnley, he protected Xhaka by saying some soft words about how it was heat of moment stuff BS.

Then look at how he has completely frozen Reiss and until late Martinelli too. As @MutableEarth often mentioned, if you had given all of Willian's minutes to Reiss you're probably getting better end results.

Ceballos has stunk the place out during whole season, but he still got loads of minutes, while Willock was ignored.

There are so many inconsistencies with his bullshit "non-negotiables" that are a clear indicator of an incompetent impostor who finds himself wearing a manager's jacket 🙂.

And Willians stupid trip to Dubai during a ****ing pandemic. And that was before the vaccines even existed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
1 = Bad.

2. Fine.

3. Really good.

Our signings since Arteta arrived:

Mari

Has been generally fine but has he made any real difference in the grand scheme of things? Not really. 2

Cedric

See Mari. 2

Ceballos (extended loan)

A massive disappointment. Will not be missed. 1

Gabriel

Im happy with him. Not a perfect debut season and its telling that he wasnt picked for the game against Villareal. But during the circumstances i think he has been fine and look forward to see him next season. 2

Willian

Disgusting. 1

Partey

Hasnt been as great as we expected but thats not only his fault. Certainly hasnt been bad. Expect more next season. 2

Runarsson

See Willian. 1

Ryan

Solid overall. 2

Ødegaard

A while ago it was a 3 but now? Has been disappointing lately. 2

Thoughts?
Ryan the best signing of them all.

Rest ****e.

Partey 50m obvious why we got him. Fact he also demand 200k a week when he was on 70k at Atletico stinks of Willian.

Arteta wants his own players. He signed them. Think what he means is he wants KDB, Bernardo Silva, Diaz and Cancelo and then he can challenge top 6.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yes that was already mentioned by @RacingPhoton so I just added few more cases of favouritism 🤷‍♂️
Just recently also Ceballos gets sent off against Villareal when everyone was screaming for him to be subbed, Mikel blames it on the player not following instructions, and then there he is with a start in the next game against Newcastle. Think it is clear Dani is not going to stay now and we've had injury issues, but the consistency in treatment is not there, and it made zero sense as we should have at least practiced the 433 against Newcastle.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Just recently also Ceballos gets sent off against Villareal when everyone was screaming for him to be subbed, Mikel blames it on the player not following instructions, and then there he is with a start in the next game against Newcastle. Think it is clear Dani is not going to stay now and we've had injury issues, but the consistency in treatment is not there, and it made zero sense as we should have at least practiced the 433 against Newcastle.
Had to react with a 😡 on your post, as just thinking of him in those two games pisses me off.

Yes, he blamed it on Martinelli not getting ready quickly. Fn hypocrite 🤬

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We're partly in this bad state due to his mates on YT
Cmon what a load of ****. Its 100% the ownership, they let the club drift while Wenger was getting top 4. They then change things, but allow self serving, incompetent people and/or quasi white collar criminals take over. Then a year into their rookie coach's first appointment, having realised their mistake, they hand him the keys and want him to run the club just as Wenger had done.Whilst providing with a few inexperienced exec staff to support him. They want to shirk all work and responsibility; they are terrible sporting club owners.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Tim Stillman's having a laugh. Arteta puts out the cones at City's training ground for a few years and all of a sudden was the next big thing?

I agree with his second tweet though and the below is what a few folks here need to hear:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Risky strategy. Got some tricky games down the stretch and if the players get too f*cked off they could totally pack it in.
Surprised they haven’t already, considering how they openly mocked Emery. It’s so strange.

Arteta should have been memed off the face of the earth when he cut that percentage promo last year but he somehow survived that.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
If being in no European competition gets rid of all the high earning bums, and some of the crap bums, Good, **** off.

Get Rid of Holding,mari, Willian, elneny, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Nketiah

Bring in players who won't smash the wage budget and who would like to be here.

Buendia / Bissouma / Lamptey / Edouard / Daka / Onana (Providing his doping case ends)- All obtainable without europe.

Yes we've had a **** 2 seasons, but **** me we're Arsenal, with or without the **** that is arteta, we're a big club.

Just badly run and mismanaged.

manager HAS to go before we even think about giving him more money to waste. Start summer positively with a new man in the dugout.

GoonerJay24

Cmon what a load of ****. Its 100% the ownership, they let the club drift while Wenger was getting top 4. They then change things, but allow self serving, incompetent people and/or quasi white collar criminals take over. Then a year into their rookie coach's first appointment, having realised their mistake, they hand him the keys and want him to run the club just as Wenger had done.Whilst providing with a few inexperienced exec staff to support him. They want to shirk all work and responsibility; they are terrible sporting club owners.
Your sleeping just like most Arsenal fans unfortunately.

Kroenkes aren't perfect and ideally we have people running the club like David Dein did back in the 90s. But we've reached 11 finals in 14 years under Stan's ownership, whilst having a low net spend for many of these years and needing to sell our better players to make a profit.
Ever since AFTV became more popular around 2016-17, Arsenal's general performance has plummeted. Those are some facts for you.

Top Bottom