• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

A manager sticking to his philosophy? Yous would he moaning if he kept switching it up and saying he doesn't have a bloody philosophy.

I'm fed up with all the nonsense that's spoken about him on here. Clearly an excellent coach who's suffering because the club can't get their **** together and clear the decks of deadwood.
Shut up bro dont talk to me

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A manager sticking to his philosophy? Yous would he moaning if he kept switching it up and saying he doesn't have a bloody philosophy.

I'm fed up with all the nonsense that's spoken about him on here. Clearly an excellent coach who's suffering because the club can't get their **** together and clear the decks of deadwood.
You acknowledge him as a manager. He isn't a 'coach'. He is actually now jointly responsible for clearing the deadwood.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Shut up bro dont talk to me

Ouch did someone get you out of bed early?

You acknowledge him as a manager. He isn't a 'coach'. He is actually now jointly responsible for clearing the deadwood.

Yes he now has a say but nowhere near as much as say Wenger did in transfers. But its still not down to him to get the deals done and players out. Wenger didn't have a team behind him to do this, Mikel actually does. So has far little say.

This is a big month for the club.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Starting Elneny, using Laca-Auba again, when it didn't work too many times before, giving minutes to Kolasinac and similar dead players.

It's a crime.
And sticking to a rigid shape during the game that clearly isn’t working. One of the most embarrassing performances I’ve witnessed as an Arsenal fan was the 0-3 home defeat to a forlorn Liverpool last season. It was a cat playing with its food for 90 minutes.

He needs a paradigm shift in his approach but he’s sticking with just increments.

Alexs

Bruce rioch was a better manager then Arteta.
Actually, far better. He had one season with few of his own players, a lot of deadwood but a good 1st 11. Got us into Europe (came 5th, we came 12th in Graham's last season). Signed one of our best ever players, Dennis and a good one, Platt. Then sacked and replaced by Wenger. Meanwhile, Arteta is still here after 2 x 8th, a poor window, various fallings out with promising players, fairly shambolic pre-season and the worst football I've ever seen us play.

Gunners1616

And sticking to a rigid shape during the game that clearly isn’t working. One of the most embarrassing performances I’ve witnessed as an Arsenal fan was the 0-3 home defeat to a forlorn Liverpool last season. It was a cat playing with its food for 90 minutes.

He needs a paradigm shift in his approach but he’s sticking with just increments.

Couldn't agree more. And he spent the post-game interview explaining how good VVD was and how big the gap with Liverpool was when even teams like Fulham had just beat them in Anfield.

His tactics and decisions are quite scary but i highly doubt he'll change. I think he'll experiment even more. It took him a while to switch from 5 to 4 at the back but he still continue to play Auba' on the flanks, he was still willing to try ESR as a false 9 in a big game, he also had his phase about quick maths (with his logic that if you cross a lot, you'll score more, "it's maths").

There was also that infamous "corner dummy" in Brighton that i had never seen before:

LPic6107b5824a2b81171791398.png

Anyway i can go on for a while if i have to mention all the crazy tactics he tried already...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Not really, it's weird. Constant fatigue, heart palpitations etc etc. Few younger people I know having the same issues. Just gotta chill out! Thanks for asking though, rate that from you x
Inlammation of the heart muscle usually resolves itself after a few days. Lie on the sofa and watch All or Nothing- Sp**s on Amazon without any alcohol. ;)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Inlammation of the heart muscle usually resolves itself after a few days. Lie on the sofa and watch All or Nothing- Sp**s on Amazon without any alcohol. ;)

The issue is I've had heart palpitations for a good 8 years now. They have just worsened over this period. Also the day after I got out of isolation I got absolutely smashed at a party so that didn't help one bit hahaha.

Can't wait for our doc actually, i enjoyed the Sp**s one! Good shout to re-watch though! 😏

Kav

Established Member
From when Arteta was linked with the job I was against it, everyone on this forum was all giddy and happy about it. I couldn't understand why people would want a manager with 0 experience, it was like the most hipster move you could make. People just bought into all the PR as usual.
Not accurate.

I was vehemently against hiring a manager with zero experience. There were a few others who wanted Benitez, ancellotti and others but some idiots were clamoring for this nobody calling him my manager before he was even hired and calling those managers washed up. SMH.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Realistically it's on Arteta to save himself. Personally I think he will be in danger if we keep Xhaka and Bellerin. I certainly want them moved in and I think that's the case for the majority of fans. It's solely upto him to get the team backs where it belongs, to deal with the pressure, expectations, blow back from the fans for his decisions and get them back on side. Results and to a lesser extent encouraging performances will do that. If he isn't equipped to deal with all that he will get found out and rightly be sacked before the January window.

I hope he makes it. I like him and still believe he has been handed a tougher job than he expected. But certain decisions he has control over has made that tough job more difficult.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not accurate.

I was vehemently against hiring a manager with zero experience. There were a few others who wanted Benitez, ancellotti and others but some idiots were clamoring for this nobody calling him my manager before he was even hired and calling those managers washed up. SMH.
My number choice was Ten Haag but a lot guys here wanted him here because they thought they were getting a Wenger-Pep hybrid. They didn't understand its not as simple as that. If not, guys like Mike Phelan and Carlos Queroz who worked under Fergie as assistants for many years would have been an elite Manager.

Top Bottom