• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Seems like a guy with consistent opinions.

I wonder how many of these Arteta freaks were the complete opposite with Emery?

The best example of this hypocrisy is Andrew Mangan. The man seem to be in love with Arteta so today he accept the kind of awful football that made him campaign against Emery. Its interesting that he has been less critical of the club since the ESL debacle.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The best example of this hypocrisy is Andrew Mangan. The man seem to be in love with Arteta so today he accept the kind of awful football that made him campaign against Emery. Its interesting that he has been less critical of the club since the ESL debacle.

He *literally* said the other day that we've been playing badly and it's not good enough? Was also critical of our Norwich win.

I agree and disagree with him plenty, but he almost picked a fight with Gunnerblog because the latter was trying to make excuses for the manager.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
6th and all these guys like Tomiyasu, White, Ode, Ramsdale, Lokonga, ESR etc showing promise, IS the story.

Then next summer you sign one or two big players to compliment this young base. Edu even told us this in his interview, and I think that’s what will happen - our squad is probably the 5th or 6th best in the PL, and we have no Europe.
I think that is the plan
According to transfermarkt squad valuation we are quite a way behind Sp**s but comparable to Leicester.

Leicester have a very settled squad & a more experienced manager. We have lots of new players & people forget that ESR/SAKA are so young, As you say not being in Europe may benefit us in getting above them.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He *literally* said the other day that we've been playing badly and it's not good enough? Was also critical of our Norwich win.

I agree and disagree with him plenty, but he almost picked a fight with Gunnerblog because the latter was trying to make excuses for the manager.

I am comparing with his attitude towards Emery. Every win during that infamous streak was scrutinized because the underlying metrics was worrying. This isnt happening now in the same way and he is actually trying to be positive, something that didnt happen with Emery.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Think he gets a new contract if he finishes 6th, ngl. Club has already put out there that this season is a write off with all the "unprecedented squad changes" and with how young our squad is.

Top four is pretty much a closed shop this year if United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool play to anywhere near their potenticial. 5th *should* be between us, Leiceister and Sp**s. Meaning, imo, there's no way the club sacks him if he's not gunning for 4th place.

Again, they should, since if the football stays this bland results won't really come.

But they won't.

Accurate analysis IMO.

I'd further say that Edu's interview would even suggest more leeway, with anything between 5th and 17th acceptable, and Arteta given exactly what he needs. That's how far I think they've dropped the bar for Mikel to hop over. It would take a clusterfuck of results, like four/five/six losses in a row to bring sacking back into the equation.

The signs were clear for all of us to see... Arteta had done next to nothing to get the 130 million backing he got this past summer, yet he got it. Arteta had no business staying at the club after the Europa League second leg, yet he stayed.

There is no process that's being backed, its just the ownership forcing the issue, until their boy figures something out.

sdotzdot

Established Member
It was very Emery esque to me. Take the lead then try defend it by dropping deep while having zero counter threat.
It’s not Emery esque, it’s even worse. This is Arteta’s “identity” with football. We no longer need to compare it to anything else, he’s been here for ages and from the very beginning he’s shut up shop every time after we go 1-0 up, regardless if we’re playing a Liverpool or a league 1 side in a cup game.

He’s had a list of excuses for this for years but deep down you can see in all his interviews after our scrappy wins (basically all of our wins) how happy he is with the rigidness. This is exactly how he intends to play. Nothing is going to change.

He straight up bold face lied to all of the fans and I’m assuming the owners and the board when he was appointed because he was selling dreams of a footballing style we will NEVER see under him. He should have been sacked for this alone. The club has no respect for the fans.

El Duderino

Accurate analysis IMO.

I'd further say that Edu's interview would even suggest more leeway, with anything between 5th and 17th acceptable, and Arteta given exactly what he needs. That's how far I think they've dropped the bar for Mikel to hop over. It would take a clusterfuck of results, like four/five/six losses in a row to bring sacking back into the equation.

Nah, he finishes below 8th and he gets sacked 100%. You can't spend 130m and not move up the table.

IstraBalagina

Think he gets a new contract if he finishes 6th, ngl. Club has already put out there that this season is a write off with all the "unprecedented squad changes" and with how young our squad is.

Top four is pretty much a closed shop this year if United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool play to anywhere near their potenticial. 5th *should* be between us, Leiceister and Sp**s. Meaning, imo, there's no way the club sacks him if he's not gunning for 4th place.

Again, they should, since if the football stays this bland results won't really come.

But they won't.
Imagine giving a new contract to a manager who finished 6th while his predecessors finished 5th/6th and it was deemed not good enough at the time.

What's this insistence with Arteta, is it because he's young ?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think that is the plan
According to transfermarkt squad valuation we are quite a way behind Sp**s but comparable to Leicester.

Leicester have a very settled squad & a more experienced manager. We have lots of new players & people forget that ESR/SAKA are so young, As you say not being in Europe may benefit us in getting above them.
Those squad valuations are meaningless, they’re just crowd sourced. People’s ideas of what the players might be worth. Squad investment is accurate and well known. We’re well ahead of Leicester now we’ve spent so much. Here’s what our relative squads have cost (with add-ons and add-ons not included). 5th should be our standard now Arteta’s in his 3rd season.
A9-A11-A7-F-B2-B3-491-D-8698-81030-A3-E21-E9.jpg

El Duderino

Imagine giving a new contract to a manager who finished 6th while his predecessors finished 5th/6th and it was deemed not good enough at the time.

What's this insistence with Arteta, is it because he's young ?

Don't really know, don't particularly agree with it, but it's how the club is moving for the near future.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Those squad valuations are meaningless, they’re just crowd sourced. People’s ideas of what the players might be worth. Squad investment is accurate and well known. We’re well ahead of Leicester now we’ve spent so much. Here’s what our relative squads have cost (with add-ons and add-ons not included). 5th should be our standard now Arteta’s in his 3rd season.
A9-A11-A7-F-B2-B3-491-D-8698-81030-A3-E21-E9.jpg
Its totally not though if you make poor signings or overpay for players.
Pepe 70m, Musti 35m, Xhaka 35m there are loads more bad examples. We have to give players away as nobody will pay a fee Özil/Sokratis etc.
Over the last few years we have been run badly & leicester have been run well. That is why we are similar in terms of squad valuation even though we out spent them.
Sp**s got decent money by selling certain players so have Liverpool. & they have bought well. Sp**s are lucky enough to have Kane & Son.
Man U & the oil clubs will always be able to outspend us. The reason we have dropped from 4th to 7th is down to Liverpool, Sp**s & Leicester getting better & us not improving in the last 5/6 years or so.

Our squad looks more balanced now but still needs work. We need to get a few out & bring some more in. However we are going through the biggest rebuild i can remember in recent times & this was never going to be easy.

I agree we should be competing with Sp**s & Leicester though for 5th or 6th certainly this season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its totally not though if you make poor signings or overpay for players.
Pepe 70m, Musti 35m, Xhaka 35m there are loads more bad examples. We have to give players away as nobody will pay a fee Özil/Sokratis etc.
Over the last few years we have been run badly & leicester have been run well. That is why we are similar in terms of squad valuation even though we out spent them.
Sp**s got decent money by selling certain players so have Liverpool. & they have bought well. Sp**s are lucky enough to have Kane & Son.
Man U & the oil clubs will always be able to outspend us. The reason we have dropped from 4th to 7th is down to Liverpool, Sp**s & Leicester getting better & us not improving in the last 5/6 years or so.

Our squad looks more balanced now but still needs work. We need to get a few out & bring some more in. However we are going through the biggest rebuild i can remember in recent times & this was never going to be easy.

I agree we should be competing with Sp**s & Leicester though for 5th or 6th certainly this season.
Exactly, that’s why we were 3 places below our investment position last year. Poor deals, rubbish manager.

Not expecting Leicester to do very well, they’ve been over performing lately, investing 8th, finished 5th last year. That’s 3 places over. Not expecting them to repeat that this year. Rogers isn’t as good as managers that can keep over performing like Klopp, Pochettino and course our incredible manager who managed it for an unbelievable 20 years straight. ;)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom