• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Until now, i still can't understand, why we signed Ben White instead of using Saliba

Yes and it's not so much that White is bad.

But it's bizarre as Saliba is bigger and more dominant imo but not only that, he can pass! Really really well and is comfortable on the ball.

The guy is certi a baller you'd have to be a bit of an idiot not to see it.

We could've spent last season integrating him and he'd definitely be ready to handle the league with Gabriel, instead we dropped £50M on White and sure he definitely needs time but surely using Saliba would've made more sense?

Kav

Established Member
Yes and it's not so much that White is bad.

But it's bizarre as Saliba is bigger and more dominant imo but not only that, he can pass! Really really well and is comfortable on the ball.

The guy is certi a baller you'd have to be a bit of an idiot not to see it.

We could've spent last season integrating him and he'd definitely be ready to handle the league with Gabriel, instead we dropped £50M on White and sure he definitely needs time but surely using Saliba would've made more sense?
Not only that but both were in Ligue un. So communication between them would not be an issue they could easily do so on the pitch.

My thing is I don’t think White is a bad player. I just think it is a bad signing. That money could have been better used elsewhere. Also based on what I am seeing Saliba could do what he is doing and better (physically).

Also how badly has he handled the Xhaka situation? The manager’s insistence on keeping him is a poor decision.

Tactically he got a lot wrong against Burnley (he abandoned the midfield) which meant we lost control of the game. Thankfully we won through some individual effort (Saka and Ødegaard). However we were getting pinned back by Sean Dyche’s team of plonkers. Ridiculous 🙄

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool have way better attacking talent than Man Utd tho lol Salah is best forward in the league and Mane is top 3 in his position. Also they have the much better defence and manager, only thing they have over Liverpool might be manager and even then Pogba and Bruno are insanely overrated. You’re just buying into the Man Utd transfer hype it happens every season, they might not even finish top 4.
But United have him.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Not only that but both were in Ligue un. So communication between them would not be an issue they could easily do so on the pitch.

My thing is I don’t think White is a bad player. I just think it is a bad signing. That money could have been better used elsewhere. Also based on what I am seeing Saliba could do what he is doing and better (physically).

Also how badly has he handled the Xhaka situation? The manager’s insistence on keeping him is a poor decision.

Tactically he got a lot wrong against Burnley (he abandoned the midfield) which meant we lost control of the game. Thankfully we won through some individual effort (Saka and Ødegaard). However we were getting pinned back by Sean Dyche’s team of plonkers. Ridiculous 🙄
We signed B.White and bought a RB like Tomiyasu who will cover the weakness of Ben White. If we use Saliba, we will can have a proper RB to support Pepe or Saka on the right.
With 50£ we can easilly get a real partner with Partey (example Bruno Guimares) and a proper RB like (max aarons).
Just the only siging like Partey can transform our squad, if not we need a new manager.
Arteta is very very poor manager

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watched highlights of Sp**s Chelsea match and I don’t think Nuno’s as bad as Arteta. Which doesn’t say a lot. This isn’t quite as bad as our U shaped crap.

49-A7-CAAA-6-C90-4168-947-F-48-C21624-F18-D.jpg

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think that is the plan
According to transfermarkt squad valuation we are quite a way behind Sp**s but comparable to Leicester.

Leicester have a very settled squad & a more experienced manager. We have lots of new players & people forget that ESR/SAKA are so young, As you say not being in Europe may benefit us in getting above them.
I don't think the market value gives a true picture of a squad. Sp**s are quite a bit ahead of us but Kane and Son are worth £184m. Levy likes his long contracts too, Ndomble has been awful in the main but is 24 and is under a long contract so is still valued at close to £50m, £10m more than Partey and Ødegaard and £15m more than Pepe. I honestly think we have a better squad than Sp**s, they just have 2 World class forwards backed by a bunch of pretty average players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't think the market value gives a true picture of a squad. Sp**s are quite a bit ahead of us but Kane and Son are worth £184m. Levy likes his long contracts too, Ndomble has been awful in the main but is 24 and is under a long contract so is still valued at close to £50m, £10m more than Partey and Ødegaard and £15m more than Pepe. I honestly think we have a better squad than Sp**s, they just have 2 World class forwards backed by a bunch of pretty average players.
But long contracts means nothing. ndombele handed in transfer request and no one came for him because he hasnt performed in 2 years. Partey has been interrupted by injuries, but is a legit world class player

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Possibly, As fans we like to think so but cant be sure, the only black & white metric we have at the moment is that they have finished above us for the last 5 seasons.
2 under wenger 1.5 under Emery & Arteta.
I took a glance at what the Sp**s fans think. Nuno & Kane are getting pelters at the moment. However many still feel they have a better squad than us & should still finish above us in the league.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
But long contracts means nothing. ndombele handed in transfer request and no one came for him because he hasnt performed in 2 years. Partey has been interrupted by injuries, but is a legit world class player.
Nobody wants to pay for underperforming players on big wages.

Look at the problems we encountered trying get rid of players in the last couple of years. We have been the feckin poster boys for it.
Even now after paying off, giving them away & terminating contracts in the case of Özil, Mustafi. Willian. Sokratis etc we are still left with them.
Lucas T, Sead & Hector are all still our players.
Nobody will give us decent money for Elneny Xhaka, Laca etc.

In another 12 months the squad will look even fresher imho & if we get the right players in & the younger players kick on we should be stronger.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saw a lot of offers for Bernardo Silva who publicly wanted out didn’t we?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The league isn't getting harder constantly, but this season it looks harder than ever with 4 teams possibly challenging for the title. Teams spending crazy money and still struggling.

Sp**s and Arsenal were not challenging anyway so a change was needed to try and be better but atm things don't look good for both.
The top 4 are all capable of winning the title & UCL.
We were top 4 for years but not close to the quality of the top 4 now.
Arsène did do well keeping us there.

However we should be around 6th now as we were under Arsène when he left.
You no longer have the 'benefit' of scraping 4th 25-30 points behind the champions when the top 4 was weaker as used to be the case.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom