• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We looked like **** (until we scored after 60 minutes) against Norwich aswell. Boring and impotent football.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Elneny barely started last season, and when he did Arsenal won some big matches.

Also Holding formed a good partnership with Mari towards the closing months of last season.

Elneny started in almost half of the league games last season. So the word barely is kind of questionable.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Elneny barely started last season, and when he did Arsenal won some big matches.

Also Holding formed a good partnership with Mari towards the closing months of last season.

He featured pretty heavily though, from Transfermarkt he made 23 appearances in the league alone and played 1,542 minutes.

For reference 90 minutes x 38 games is 3420 minutes (doesn't included added time but it's close enough).

So he played approaching half of the minutes available in the league which is quite a bit.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A top six finish, with clear sight of Arteta's plans, in action on the field of play. That's what keeps his job in my opinion.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I want to enjoy watching Arsenal again. More so than any particular position we finish in, if I'm at a stage where I'm looking forward to watching Arsenal every week then I'll probably accept Arteta staying in the job.

I don't think it's gonna happen tho. Good football has been so rare under Arteta that it's gonna take a dramatic change.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I want to enjoy watching Arsenal again. More so than any particular position we finish in, if I'm at a stage where I'm looking forward to watching Arsenal every week then I'll probably accept Arteta staying in the job.

I don't think it's gonna happen tho. Good football has been so rare under Arteta that it's gonna take a dramatic change.

I think at its very very best and if given a chance to last that long, Artetaball will be something like what we see at City now.

Its effective but boring football, lets be honest. It would be interesting to see what supporters would say if we would get to that point. I suppose the support for Conte as manager, suggests that winning is all that matters in the end.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Other than the top sides nobody can compete with Auba, Laca, Pepe, Partey, Saka, Tierney, Gabriel etc as the key players, backed by ESR, Ode, Xhaka, Sambi, Tomiyasu who looks quality to me etc.

Will definitely finish top 6, maybe get 5th. That then keeps Arteta safe.

That then allows Arteta to revamp the attack next summer with Laca leaving, and Auba going into his last year.

Tir Na Nog

I think at its very very best and if given a chance to last that long, Artetaball will be something like what we see at City now.

Its effective but boring football, lets be honest. It would be interesting to see what supporters would say if we would get to that point. I suppose the support for Conte as manager, suggests that winning is all that matters in the end.

Chelsea played great football under Conte in his first season and I found Inter very entertaining too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A lot of us are in a weird spot here, most don’t want Arteta but he HAS signed good young players, even if we question his use of resources, he WILL finish in European places, and that will, on paper anyway, count as an improvement from last season - giving him another summer another shot next season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You know we actually have to play well and beat most midtable sides to finish 5th?

Are you that confident that we’ll improve?
I think others have fell off - Sp**s, Villa, Everton etc. Only Leicester I rate as they have a quality side AND manager - but even they have injuries to key players, European football, Vardy declining etc.

Pretty sure we’re getting top 6.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What makes city’s football boring? Seen a few people say that and I’m puzzled.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Their football lacks that spontaneity. Even at their best, they don't really entertain me. They're like a machine. I wouldn't say they are boring, they just look so mechanical and overcoached. If I was a neutral, I'd rather watch Wengerball than Pep's city.

Unpopular opinion: I find peak Wengerball more entertaining than peak barca tbh

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As bad as the start of this season was, quality wise we should be playing in the Europa...I would sack him for anything less than that, though I feel the board will probably accept Conference League, sadly.

We looked pretty solid v Burnley, though he needs to fix how we attack, to stay in a job too...we have too many quality players, to be consistently playing like this.

Arteta will probably be in a job next season, but I don't think he will win many fans round, as it will still be a struggle to watch us play in that time, I imagine.

Tir Na Nog

I don't get this either, they were superb to watch especially during that wee run last December through to February I think when they seemed to come out of nowhere to surge toward taking a commanding lead in the title race, the period where Gundogan was scoring for fun.

Same thinking back to the 18-19 season when they went on the massive winning run to clinch the title they played some brilliant stuff.

I think they have periods when they can certainly be classed as a bit dull and robotic when things aren't flowing. But Arteta's football and Pep's football are world's apart.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I chose top 4. Not because I believe in the Brylcreem hoarding charlatan, just to give him an insurmountable goal that is beyond his ability to deliver.

The sad reality, however, is that we might as well end up in 17th place & the Kroenkes, capricious bastards that they are, will be vindicated in choosing him as it proves the club has what it takes to stay in the premier league.

Que a new 7 year contract for Arteta & "Best of Neil Diamond" vinyl for all season ticket holders.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I chose top 4. Not because I believe in the Brylcreem hoarding charlatan, just to give him an insurmountable goal that is beyond his ability to deliver.

The sad reality, however, is that we might as well end up in 17th place & the Kroenkes, capricious bastards that they are, will be vindicated in choosing him as it proves the club has what it takes to stay in the premier league.

Que a new 7 year contract for Arteta & "Best of Neil Diamond" vinyl for all season ticket holders.

You know what we're like right now, we are like the story of the monkey trying to capture the moon. However close he thinks he is to the moon, it's still just the reflection of the moon in the middle of the lake.

No matter how he struggles to capture that "moon", he inevitably sinks to the bottom of that lake to no avail.

That's us as a club at the moment, absolutely pitiful.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You know what we're like right now, we are like the story of the monkey trying to capture the moon. However close he thinks he is to the moon, it's still just the reflection of the moon in the middle of the lake.

No matter how he struggles to capture that "moon", he inevitably sinks to the bottom of that lake to no avail.

That's us as a club at the moment, absolutely pitiful.

I'd wager the monkey would capture the moon & get our goal difference into positive double digits long before Arteta realizes he had it good setting up cones & updating iPads.

Top Bottom