• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Chaoz_Enigma

What else are we supposed to talk about? Our football is insanely uninteresting.
I think there are some improvements? We domt just spam tiermey side any more. There are some through passes through the middle. Ive seen lokonga and partey do that. With ESR there is more half turns at the opposition side as well. All in all i see better football than last season and first three league games. Chances created has increased. But our finishing is still poor. We waste alot of chances. Will we improve further? We will see. Its still a long season. First 3 league games of this season is still a trauma for many. And many wants arteta out.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think there are some improvements? We domt just spam tiermey side any more. There are some through passes through the middle. Ive seen lokonga and partey do that. With ESR there is more half turns at the opposition side as well. All in all i see better football than last season and first three league games. Chances created has increased. But our finishing is still poor. We waste alot of chances. Will we improve further? We will see. Its still a long season. First 3 league games of this season is still a trauma for many. And many wants arteta out.
Of course!!!! We played against the 2 worst teams in the League and today against a ligue one team. Lol!!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Today was a bit revelation for me, couldn't watch the game was very relaxing and I realized that I should not give a shiit about Arsenal anymore until they play entertained football, whether they win the league or get relegated. I became an Arsenal fan because I loved to watch them play... Why should I torture my self now?

Call me a bad fan if you want but is the end for me watching them. I will see CL games and other teams only for joy. Villa played a good game today for example, and was very exciting to see some good football without worrying of who wins.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Today was a bit revelation for me, couldn't watch the game was very relaxing and I realized that I should not give a shiit about Arsenal anymore until they play entertained football, whether they win the league or get relegated. I became an Arsenal fan because I loved to watch them play... Why should I torture my self now?

Call me a bad fan if you want but is the end for me watching them. I will see CL games and other teams only for joy. Villa played a good game today for example, and was very exciting to see some good football without worrying of who wins.
Averaging 1.3 goals per game over our last 60 games and 4 shots on target. The idea that we need a couple of wins on the bounce using the same strategy to fix that is amusing.

Haphazard

It's easy to play like that against the likes of Wimbeldon,Burnley Norwich etc they are literally bottom of the barrel opponents.

We are still a team that barely shoots or creates chances, we can get by when the quality of opposition is poor and we can scrape by on our talent but better teams will see through us , let's put it this way. I am only confident that we can beat the bottom 3-4 teams which is a damning indictment on a manager that has had more time and resources than he deserves.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Didn't watch the game but did watch the 3min highlights all our attacking okay in the first half seemed to be corners, my guess is that probably summed up the dire football.

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Everyone says this sort of thing but we're all Arsenal junkies. You'll be loading up the BT Sports crack pipe along with the rest of us come match day! It's in our blood.

Tom Mix

Wimbledon were very narrow which meant we spent a fair amount of time on the wings, very few of the crosses put in were effective and we only occasionally cut in, when we did the more dangerous opportunites were created.

We rarely threatened to score from set pieces. We made a lot of ball recoveries but we also gave away lots of balls, we dominated the game in statistics but until the last 20 minutes or so, with the second goal really, it felt fairly even to watch. I mean our one shot on target in the first half was the penalty.

The reluctance to shoot was notable, the crowd kept urging the players to shoot but they were either scared or later trying to gild the lily, but that was late on.

The second half was better as Wimbledon tired and after Saka and Smith Rowe came on. Nketiah's flick for the third goal was delightful.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Everyone says this sort of thing but we're all Arsenal junkies. You'll be loading up the BT Sports crack pipe along with the rest of us come match day! It's in our blood.

If you no longer like watching Arsenal play due to our current style, then you will like watching Arsenal play so you can yell at them.

Either way...we all need this club, we are hooked.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If you no longer like watching Arsenal play due to our current style, then you will like watching Arsenal play so you can yell at them.

Either way...we all need this club, we are hooked.

If Arsenal is the head honcho, who's the corner boy?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

You can get rid of the drug, I am in the process

Only live score notifs for me now, might do an exception for the derby

Looking back to the last 20 or 30 years, would you rather have 4 more leagues titles or the legacy of an entertaining attacking team?

I rather have the second. The games, attacks and goals in the 90’s and 00’s were so amazing sometimes, the brilliance of some players. Everybody around the world was talking about the Arsenal games, everybody looked forward to it. Ofcourse we want to win prizes but what I most remember is how special our teams were and how special our games were. For me that is worth so much more than 3 or 4 league titles. For me that’s Arsenal and I really hope we can get that back, with challenging for prizes.
When we had the entertaining football over trophies we were called boys against men.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Thank god real fans who support their local teams up and down the country from league one to the conference don't share your view or there would be no leagues at all.

You're like a 5 year old throwing your toy.

Entertian me entertain me.

Pretty sad.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Someone mentioned the continuous lowering of standards. How low must standards be now that you can actually cite "some through passes through the middle" as an improvement. I'm sure even an amateur side attempts some through passes. Or that "chances have increased" when we have played 5 league games but have only created 3 big chances.

Top Bottom