• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Future generations will study Arteta around this period, and be baffled by all this :lol:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Roberto Di Matteo won an FA Cup and a CL straight away. Where is he now?
I'm not supporting that arteta winning trophy logic but this is wrong. Di matteo was manager before he was assistant at Chelsea. It was mkdons in league one and west brom in the championship though

TornadoTed

Established Member
Looking at the table is so depressing, especially the 'goals for' column. Six teams, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City, Everton and West Ham are already on double figures while we languish on a double of goals! It is criminal what Arteta has done to the attacking talent that we have. Getting significantly outscored by the likes of Newcastle and Watford is a sackable offence on it's own never mind all the other stuff.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Future generations will study Arteta around this period, and be baffled by all this :lol:
They'll say, "Like the stockmarket, when the bubble bursts there's often a long period before it reaches those heights again. After Arsène's incredible over performance there was bound to be some re adjustment and a string of bang average managers on the hunt for the next gem."

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looking at the table is so depressing, especially the 'goals for' column. Six teams, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City, Everton and West Ham are already on double figures while we languish on a double of goals! It is criminal what Arteta has done to the attacking talent that we have. Getting significantly outscored by the likes of Newcastle and Watford is a sackable offence on it's own never mind all the other stuff.
As long as Arteta persists with disassociating midfield from the final third this will be the case. He would've sold a player like Ramsey within weeks.

IstraBalagina

what a bastard, differentiating between fans and supporters in his interview. divide and conquer.

saying really that we're dumb, because 'those in the know' have "intelligence and knowledge", while us plebs are knownothings.

GET OUT OF MY CLUB, freemason filth.
What min? (Save me the drivel)

Blaziken

It is unbelievable how we haven't sacked him after being ****e for almost 1 year, how did he escape any criticism after ****ing up vs Olympiacos last year? Or losing 7/10 games last year whilst being embarrassed by Unai Emery last season, he has managed to lower the expectation from the fans, media and board whilst simultaneously underperforming. Even i am sick of ranting about Mikel ffs.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Everyone says this sort of thing but we're all Arsenal junkies. You'll be loading up the BT Sports crack pipe along with the rest of us come match day! It's in our blood.
I don't know, maybe... If they play well I would definitely watch the team, even losing... Because eventually the wins would come. Playing awful football is not sustainable, like Emery win streak... We barely won games because Auba saved a lot of games. Now people blame him but it's just the natural, play bad and at one point your striker would stop scoring.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Thank god real fans who support their local teams up and down the country from league one to the conference don't share your view or there would be no leagues at all.

You're like a 5 year old throwing your toy.

Entertian me entertain me.

Pretty sad.
That your opinion, to me you and those blind fans are the reason owners like Kroenke doesn't give a shiit about the team. Because it doesn't matter how bad they do or how much they explode the team franchise... Those blind fans would be there willing to receive the punishment without saying a thing because of the fear of being "bad fans". So they keep getting their money which is all they care.

Kav

Established Member
I agree but some people think that it is fair to compare a rookie manager with a legend of the game.

I am just pointing out the arguments are not simply black & white

You like many want him sacked. I understand that .

I totally agree last season was very disappointing.

You think by getting a different manager all will be good.

I just try to take the more balanced view that pretty much all managers need time.

Look the club made the choice to go with a young manager in Arteta, rightly or wrongly so will/should give him that.

A young manager, like young players will need more time.

We are in transition with a new young squad so he will imho get this season to show if he can take us forward.

Does it makes people feel better bleating 24/7 on the internet about Arteta? 🤔

I agree with you that just chopping and changing all the time will not allow for holistic growth. Every manager will have their own philosophy and standards. Which will impact on the way we play and we will end up in a cycle of rebuilding if we go that route. The way around that is to ensure we have a strong development program that produces high quality academy players who play in a way that the club identifies with. This coupled with a capable Director of Football or Technical Director that can guide the recruitment process and standards will offset or minimize the variation between how different managers view the game philosophically.

The truth is that each manager need probably at least a year to implement their plan and one cannot truly judge them until they have sufficient time and resources to shape a squad into their image.

Arteta has had more than enough time and uniquely, enough resources to shape this squad than any rookie manager in recent memory. He probably has had access to more money than Pep got when he was at Barcelona in is first two seasons. So what has he shown for it?

• Fa cup, yes.
  • Two 8th place finishes.
  • Record breaking losses.
  • Blunted our Attack (Since he came in all our attacking stats have gotten worst)
  • Improved our Defense (Lower goals conceded in his first full season)
  • Made out style of play ineffective
  • Trimmed the squad (Whether Good or bad is debateable)

Should the club persist with him is dependent on how ambitious the ownership and Upper management are. I am of the view that there are many better managers available who could take the club in a upward direction. I wanted us to get Tuchel for example ANY of Ten Hag, Gasperini, Galtier or Nagelsman, Rodgers or Potter Would be an improvement on Arteta. Even Nuno is better than him.

Any way it seems we are stuck with him for a while. I won't wish us to fail so that i can laud it into the faces of those who support Arteta. What i will say is that it is better to cut off a leg than lose the whole body. Getting rid of the problem earlier is often better than waiting until it becomes catastrophic.

Wouldn't it have been better to fire him last year December than to give him additional time to only fire him this year after the club realize that they are going to miss out on Europe again. How shortsighted can the club be?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It is unbelievable how we haven't sacked him after being ****e for almost 1 year, how did he escape any criticism after ****ing up vs Olympiacos last year? Or losing 7/10 games last year whilst being embarrassed by Unai Emery last season, he has managed to lower the expectation from the fans, media and board whilst simultaneously underperforming. Even i am sick of ranting about Mikel ffs.
This is the skill he has learnt from his master Pep - The ability to fleece the club and act like he knows what he is doing and perennially make them believe that all we need is a 100M more to win the CL.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I agree but some people think that it is fair to compare a rookie manager with a legend of the game.

It is the job of our manager to take us back to being one of the best teams in England, and for him to do that he needs to outperform multiple "legend of the game".............. comparing Arteta to Wenger is already being soft to him cause we absolutely should be comparing him to Pep and Klopp instead. That's the level that Arteta has to beat to remain being our manager. And it is unclear to me why standards should be dropped for Arteta because he is a "rookie manager", if Arteta needs a kindergarten to learn to be a manager he should be coaching our U23 instead.

Reactions: Kav
Top Bottom