• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Multipass

This is true yes we played well first half but if Kane wasn’t dreaming of a move away it could of been 3-3…let’s calm down

This is nonsense. Second time I’ve heard someone say Kane could have had a hat-trick. He had one clear chance with the free header from the corner that he put wide. That’s it. The shot from outside the box was half chance at best. He was well controlled.

We’ve had such dire performances over the last year with little to celebrate. Why down play arsenal’s performance in the NLD.

Enjoy it. And hope it continues.

Melquiades

Too many on A-M are too heavily invested in the Arteta out position. It's any stick will do if you can beat Arteta with it. And no other view is tolerated besides full on Arteta hate. Quite a pathetic display of group think, but there you are. So when we have a great NLD win, instead of celebrating and being happy they sulk for a day and then come back with renewed vigour.

It will be really interesting to see how many will be able to pivot should Arteta become successful with Arsenal. They might have to take a page out of that South Carolina senator Lindsey Graham's playbook...

I feel like a lot of people made up their minds in December 2020 that Arteta was crap - and firing him at that point would have totally been justifiable - and have simply not adjusted to new information.

The season where he took over and won an FA Cup and righted the ship after Emery was pretty good. The 2020 offseason and start of 20-21 was horrible. He was allowed to try and fix the mess he created ... and he did, and we were one of the best teams in the PL to close out the year.

This year? We need to keep improving. But I'm liking what I'm seeing with a very young squad and a very promising young keeper and new back 4.

Melquiades

Well he was the worst manager the last 22 months.
But if he keeps winning with good performances no one will complain, let's see what happens in the next 6-7 games.

He was the worst manager when he took over a team in 10th place and had the 5th best record after that and won an FA Cup?

He was the worst manager in the last 5 months of last year when Arsenal had the 2nd best record in the PL?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Did any other team win all their games in September? Arteta is going to win the manager of the month. AM gonna lose its **** :lol:
2508689025001_6170669533001_6170678634001-vs.jpg

Haphazard

It was a convincing display, fair play to Arteta if we blame him for every loss we should credit him when we play well and win. We still need more consistency though. Brighton are going to be tough they are one of the form teams right now but we should be looking to win no matter what and improve our performances.

Still way too early to want Arteta in tbh , we've had to endure terrorist ball for almost 2 years, one good 45 mins against Sp**s doesn't undo that , he still has a long way to go.

blrgooner

Established Member
I thought the football was mostly pretty good in the back half of last year. A lot of bright things happened from Ødegaard/ESR/Saka and Pepe really seemed to turn a corner. There were a couple terrible games but also some very impressive ones, and in 10 of 24 games we scored 3+ goals. And again, we won a lot of games.

Like I said, that stretch from October-December 2020 was absolutely ****ing terrible and of course Arteta should be judged on that (and on the mistakes that led to that terrible stretch). However, the ship clearly righted. The team played a top-4 level over 65% of last year to close it out and scored a lot of goals. And he should also be judged on that and not just that terrible 10 games.

I'm generally Arteta neutral. I was close to fully out last December and have some concerns about the way he does things and am not fully sold ... but the majority of what's happened in the last 9-10 months has been positive. If we'd hired a new manager on Christmas Day last year who'd done literally exactly what Arteta has done since then with the same roster decisions, signings, and results ... the reaction to that manager would be totally different.
This is exactly my position w.r.t Arteta too. I am Neutral and am still not very sure Arteta is the right person for the job.
I was almost definitely Arteta out towards last december. After that, I think we have significantly improved and there has been some promise shown. Some of the hate that people have against Arteta is almost them trying to reinforce their own belief about Arteta`s capabilities. Somehow Brighton doing well for first 5 games in a season is supposedly enough of a reason to praise Potter(Who finished 16th last season) but Arteta doing well for 23 games is not good enough.

Taxi Driver

I thought the football was mostly pretty good in the back half of last year. A lot of bright things happened from Ødegaard/ESR/Saka and Pepe really seemed to turn a corner. There were a couple terrible games but also some very impressive ones, and in 10 of 24 games we scored 3+ goals. And again, we won a lot of games.

If that's what you thought I can hardly disagree, can I? I guess we have different expectations. After all, Arteta did say he'd play beautiful, attacking free-flowing football. Can you honestly say we ever did that, bar for that Sp**s game?

Like I said, that stretch from October-December 2020 was absolutely ****ing terrible and of course Arteta should be judged on that (and on the mistakes that led to that terrible stretch). However, the ship clearly righted. The team played a top-4 level over 65% of last year to close it out and scored a lot of goals. And he should also be judged on that and not just that terrible 10 games.

Has it now? Our first three games just this season prove otherwise. And don't say I should discount these, because why would I, if you're judging him on last three games yourself? The ship clearly righted? What about a shameful defeat in Europa? Why should be judged over 65% of last year, but not by the remaining 35%? That's classic cherry-picking.

I'm generally Arteta neutral.

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

I was close to fully out last December and have some concerns about the way he does things and am not fully sold ... but the majority of what's happened in the last 9-10 months has been positive. If we'd hired a new manager on Christmas Day last year who'd done literally exactly what Arteta has done since then with the same roster decisions, signings, and results ... the reaction to that manager would be totally different.

Back to back 8th place finishes are hardly positive. And what if a new manager performed better, do you include that possibility at all?

Taxi Driver

Too many on A-M are too heavily invested in the Arteta out position. It's any stick will do if you can beat Arteta with it. And no other view is tolerated besides full on Arteta hate. Quite a pathetic display of group think, but there you are. So when we have a great NLD win, instead of celebrating and being happy they sulk for a day and then come back with renewed vigour.

It will be really interesting to see how many will be able to pivot should Arteta become successful with Arsenal. They might have to take a page out of that South Carolina senator Lindsey Graham's playbook...

But not the other way, around, right? The lack of self awarness in this post is frankly outstanding.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Somehow Brighton doing well for first 5 games in a season is supposedly enough of a reason to praise Potter(Who finished 16th last season) but Arteta doing well for 23 games is not good enough.
Looking for an honest and neutral reasoning is at times difficult. It is often just about scoring a point and to getting some likes from a group that shares your views. It’s really any stick is a good one to beat Arteta and Edu with.

I wasn’t even Arteta in when he was hired, nor am I really now. It was and is a huge gamble to hire someone with zero head coaching experience to a job like ours. To then also surround him with people with equally little management experience like Edu is a decision I find difficult to support.

I just hope Arteta beats the odds and turns into a success. I seriously doubt it and voted that he should be sacked when there was a poll on it. Still, I think we have to try to be objective in judging him and the team’s performance and give credit when credit is due. This weekend’s performance was really good. It’s his team and his players now. He has plenty of time to coach them. Let’s see where things stand in say 6-8 games. I seriously doubt we will be top end of the table but I sure hope so. I like for Arsenal to win games be that under Wenger, Emery or Arteta or anyone coming after him.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The start of this season looks interesting. Even the top teams manage to win only 4 out of the previous 6 PL games. This might be the opportunity season for Mikel to impress the fans with meaningful results (i.e UCL place). He should keep his ego out of the way and not to curb players to fit into his philosophy or system (if any). With proper guidance, a semi-organic approach would help the players to form a group and consolidate as a winning system.

I want the team finish top 4 an back to CL. The Hierarchy and Mikel and Edu should deliver that. No more BD like 130M+ spending while moaning lack-of-foundation. It has to be deliver this season. Set the target and work super hard for it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But not the other way, around, right? The lack of self awarness in this post is frankly outstanding.
What are you referring to? Not the other way around?

I think our performances have often been underwhelming. Our play has been stodgy. But there have also been times where we have played well.

Taxi Driver

What are you referring to? Not the other way around?

I think our performances have often been underwhelming. Our play has been stodgy. But there have also been times where we have played well.

I'm referring to the fact that there are also hardcore Arteta "inners" that do the exact same thing you've described as negative, only in reverse. If you're not fine with one, you shouldn't be with the other.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Still way too early to want Arteta in tbh , we've had to endure ***** ball for almost 2 years, one good 45 mins against Sp**s doesn't undo that , he still has a long way to go.
I agree that it is too early to be Arteta in, but to write that it has been two years of poor football is a bit unfair. There have been plenty Of games we have played well and dominated, at least for parts of them. There have also been plenty of pretty poor ones.

I think the first three games to this season were just poor. Especially the City defeat was dreadful. Our wins against Norwich etc. also weren’t much to write home about. I think this season can turn ugly and then Arteta should be fired.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm referring to the fact that there are also hardcore Arteta "inners" that do the exact same thing you've described as negative, only in reverse. If you're not fine with one, you shouldn't be with the other.
I am not.

But how many hardcore Arteta inners are there on A-M? Hardcore outers there are plenty. Just look at the polls we have had and the posts in the threads. ****, even Xhaka has more supporters than Arteta at times.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was the worst manager when he took over a team in 10th place and had the 5th best record after that and won an FA Cup?

He was the worst manager in the last 5 months of last year when Arsenal had the 2nd best record in the PL?
Remember Wenger won the Calendar year league 2013 I think, and definitely 2015. Posting that would have got you stoned to death when peak Wenger hate was rampant.

And now 'trust the process' defenders are using results from just a few months and no one bats an eyelid. :lol:

1-F9049-FC-512-A-4896-959-D-2-ACB12339-CDD.jpg

blrgooner

Established Member
Remember Wenger won the Calendar year league 2013 I think, and definitely 2015. Posting that would have got you stoned to death when peak Wenger hate was rampant.

And now 'trust the process' defenders are using results from just a few months and no one bats an eyelid. :lol:

1-F9049-FC-512-A-4896-959-D-2-ACB12339-CDD.jpg
I remember seeing this in 2015. This is very good information it got posted multiple times too. Don`t remember any one who was "stoned to death" for posting this though. At this point of time, Wenger was easily one of the best coaches in EPL and these stats clearly show that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom