• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Look what Arteta is doing to Bruce Wayne. Damn.

Even Bane breaking him in half didn’t do this much damage
training-day-denzel.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I disagree because there are people I like who I also feel have brushed it off but I can understand why you perceive it that way. I would just ask that you consider whether you liking him colors your view as well.
Tbf I don't like Arteta, but I'm willing to give him credit here because you have guys like Ole telling Rashford he needs to "prioritise football" instead of addressing issues like this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Tbf I don't like Arteta, but I'm willing to give him credit here because you have guys like Ole telling Rashford he needs to "prioritise football" instead of addressing issues like this.
Fair enough. Yes, that was disgusting from Ole. Arteta is not that bad, I just got the vibe that he was more irritated by the questions than the issues and that bugged me and this was months ago mind you so it's not a new sentiment for me.

sdotzdot

Established Member

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Funny enough, if we wanted an actual example of flippant demeanour towards this sort of issue, look no further than the current Chelsea manager.

I’ve seen many here fawning over him too.

Tbf I’d forgotten about this as well. Pretty terrible look.

Can’t hate Rodgers for his racism but twerk for Tuchel. I’m glad we didn’t hire him.

Jose is the real one that got away 😭

Kav

Established Member
Why are people so fickle or airheaded. What has Tuchel actually done for people to now jump on him and call him racist?

I see nothing there but some silly comment by a bruised ego wanting to find a new enemy to mouth off on. Tuchel wanted the game to continue. Nothing is wrong with that. To accuse him of racism because he wanted to continue the football game is absolutely stupid and lacks any direct link with racism.

Likewise those who associate Ole’s comments about wanting his forward to focus on playing football which is what Manchester United is paying rashford to do is just as laughable. The manager wants his player focused on sports is not different from your manager at work wanting you focused on the tasks at hand. People really do like to blow up issues into causes that don’t exist. :facepalm:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Manchester United pay Rashford insane money because he is a footballer. So yes, he should prioritise football rather than saving the world with his expensive PR team.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m willing to run with the Arteta being racist narrative though. What has he done for Black Lives Matter?
List of pro-black things Arteta has done:
We played our best football in Europa when we smashed Slavia Prague
That's it.

List of of anti-black things Arteta has done:
Signed a guy called Ben White and made him our marquee transfer.
Used to chill with Pep.
Makes Partey play in midfield by himself and do all the running.
Got rid of Willock, Nelson and Saliba but kept ESR and Holding.
Overplayed Saka.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why are people so fickle or airheaded. What has Tuchel actually done for people to now jump on him and call him racist?

I see nothing there but some silly comment by a bruised ego wanting to find a new enemy to mouth off on. Tuchel wanted the game to continue. Nothing is wrong with that. To accuse him of racism because he wanted to continue the football game is absolutely stupid and lacks any direct link with racism.

Likewise those who associate Ole’s comments about wanting his forward to focus on playing football which is what Manchester United is paying rashford to do is just as laughable. The manager wants his player focused on sports is not different from your manager at work wanting you focused on the tasks at hand. People really do like to blow up issues into causes that don’t exist. :facepalm:
The fact that both sets of players decided to walk off in support of Demba Ba but Tuchel was the only one defending the assistant is a massive flag.

It’s one thing not getting involved, it’s another thing defending someone who clearly has done something that can be viewed as racist. Even if the official didn’t mean to be racist (big if) you still take the opportunity to educate him and let him know what he did wrong, you don’t, under any circumstances defend his actions though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@Batman embarrassing himself again on AM? Things you always see.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The depressing thing isn't really how bad we are now, it's how much worse we would probably have to get before he goes.

Feel like relegation is the only thing I could see getting him and Edu to **** off..tough times :lol:

vantoure

Before we get back on the topic of Arteta's incompetence, just my view on Tuchel / Racism talks:

1. Yeah, i think the "racism" tag has been politicized, abused and misused. Just like MeToo, anti-semitism, etc. It's kind of lost its way

2. For full disclosure, I'm black (the easiest "victim" of "racism") although I may not have experienced a lot of prejudice as I've not lived in Europe so maybe I don't see the full picture though.

3. Regarding this case, I think @Macho statement is apt - Tuchel may be accused on being insensitive, rather that being racist or being biased towards it.

4. I don't remember this incidence in detail, but reading through that link, it's a leap of judgement to accuse Tuchel off that alone. I like Demba Ba a lot.

5. I also think it's a leap to accuse Ba of an ego-trip. Emotions are charged and in the heat of the moment, you make snap decisions and it's why at the administrative level (FIFA, UEFA, etc.) these discussions are important and they need to go beyond the lip service and marketing we see - the knee before matches, etc. These are flippant. There's a need to understand viewpoints, cultures, etc. if this type of misunderstandings are to be overcome

Latest posts+

Top Bottom