• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Moleque

But he didn’t improve Unai’s defence. Unai only lost 10 games in his full season finishing 5th, Arteta lost 13 in his full season finishing 8th, so he made the defence worse.
If I remember correctly, at the end of his time here, Unai's teams were conceding an ungodly number of shots on goal every game. It was embarrassing how bad we were. I'm not sure how you can say with a straight face that Arteta has not improved us defensively.

mirrorstares

If I remember correctly, at the end of his time here, Unai's teams were conceding an ungodly number of shots on goal every game. It was embarrassing how bad we were. I'm not sure how you can say with a straight face that Arteta has not improved us defensively.

It was well known the team stopped listening to him at the time, that's the kind of stuff that made a manager like Mourinho get relegation level performances with Chelsea back then. It just overrides whatever ideas or setup the manager can give.

Unai went out like a gentleman though, never hit back, never hid, never betrayed what Arsenal was about. He just kept tinkering to see if he was able to unlock more dynamism out of the team after not replacing Ramsey, until his time was up. As everyone knows, to this day, years and more than 100M of investment later, that problem remains unsolved.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We will be 4th if we win against Manure. No disgusting Allardyce football tomorrow, try to fvcking win.

Pyres7

Don’t know feel like you are ducking the fact that he inherited a poor defense and has improved it, especially if you look from the second half of last season. Every pundit was scratching their head about Ramsdale only Edu and Arteta scouted that correctly plus Arteta had the balls to pull the shirt from Leno real quick. Gabriel in my mind is best Central defender we have had in a while. Yes they spent money, if he can get Kroenke to spend and spend smartly that is a plus not a minus.
It's good that he improved our defense but he has butchered our attack in the process.

He's been here long enough to imprint his blueprint on the team but I still don't see it. A lot of the time our attackers look like they've just met each other. Lack of movement, lack of chemistry.

I'm sure spending another £200m on forwards will help but he shouldn't need that. He's got proven goal scorers and some of the most talented young attackers in the league. What would he do if he was managing Burnley or Norwich?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It's good that he improved our defense but he has butchered our attack in the process.

He's been here long enough to imprint his blueprint on the team but I still don't see it. A lot of the time our attackers look like they've just met each other. Lack of movement, lack of chemistry.

I'm sure spending another £200m on forwards will help but he shouldn't need that. He's got proven goal scorers and some of the most talented young attackers in the league. What would he do if he was managing Burnley or Norwich?
Ok at least you agree and the numbers indicate that from the year he took over we are better defensively right now. In 17 matches days in Emery’s last season we shipped 27 in 17 match days I think we will do a fair bit better than that rate certainly by end of season.

Now to your point on the attack. It is fair to criticize him there especially with his continued reliance last year on Willian who gave us nothing. But to be fair to him the club invested a ton in Auba snd I think Arteta and everyone at the club didn’t anticipate how badly he would play signing post contract. If you look at giving Saka and ESR time those two have performed and produced. But Auba has let us down and the midfield hasn’t done its job either, maybe Ødegaard is still figuring it out.

Either way any manager worth his salt would of focused on improving us from the back up that was where we were weakest. But certainly he has made his mistakes and needs to make a similar improvement in our attack by the end of the year or he probably won’t be here next season

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ok at least you agree and the numbers indicate that from the year he took over we are better defensively right now. In 17 matches days in Emery’s last season we shipped 27 in 17 match days I think we will do a fair bit better than that rate certainly by end of season.

Now to your point on the attack. It is fair to criticize him there especially with his continued reliance last year on Willian who gave us nothing. But to be fair to him the club invested a ton in Auba snd I think Arteta and everyone at the club didn’t anticipate how badly he would play signing post contract. If you look at giving Saka and ESR time those two have performed and produced. But Auba has let us down and the midfield hasn’t done its job either, maybe Ødegaard is still figuring it out.

Either way any manager worth his salt would of focused on improving us from the back up that was where we were weakest. But certainly he has made his mistakes and needs to make a similar improvement in our attack by the end of the year or he probably won’t be here next season
Of course the defense has improved. It was always bound to happen anyway given the absolute fortune Arteta has spent on it.

Farzad Stoned

Of course the defense has improved. It was always bound to happen anyway given the absolute fortune Arteta has spent on it.
So what, it ain’t your money. They probably did a complete overhaul of the back cheaper than anticipated considering Tavares cost 8 million and Gabriel cost 27 million. Harry Maguire cost as much as both our CBs, is he supposed to win without money, you act like it is coming out your paycheck Stan can afford it mate and hopefully another 200 million for Attack and creativity in midfield

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

A stretch. I dont think he is involved in a significant way. This only looks like an early excuse. Didnt knew that Rangnick gave Mertesacker his debut btw.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

So what, it ain’t your money. They probably did a complete overhaul of the back cheaper than anticipated considering Tavares cost 8 million and Gabriel cost 27 million. Harry Maguire cost as much as both our CBs, is he supposed to win without money, you act like it is coming out your paycheck Stan can afford it mate and hopefully another 200 million for Attack and creativity in midfield

Did he say its his money?

Farzad Stoned

Did he say its his money?
No but he acted like it is tragedy or something we spent a ton of money on the team, who wins consistently without money? It is a small club mentality worrying about the money the club can afford it or tightwad Stan wouldn’t approve it

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Your initial claim was that he has improved our defense and I point out that he has spent almost 200m on it. So it's not a surprise that the defense is half decent. But then again, it's still shipping in goals against the top sides.

Farzad Stoned

But he didn’t improve Unai’s defence. Unai only lost 10 games in his full season finishing 5th, Arteta lost 13 in his full season finishing 8th, so he made the defence worse.
In the 17 match days before his firing Arsenal was shipping goals at 1.6 goals a game approximately and now we are now we are about 1.3 goals a game so the defense has improved it has not gotten worse that is just factually incorrect you keep using timelines prior to the year he took over in which is the really the relevant period. Plus the last few games under Emery the rate of goals was going up, Arteta came in and steadied it a bit even without big spending in that first half season. You are the stastician the stats say he improved the defense now from when he first took over

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

No but he acted like it is tragedy or something we spent a ton of money on the team, who wins consistently without money? It is a small club mentality worrying about the money the club can afford it or tightwad Stan wouldn’t approve it
Why are you like this ffs? :lol:
Again, I never acted like the money came out my pocket your just inventing your invisible straw man (like you always). I pointed out that he's spent money to improve the defense and I said the defense actually did improve. Don't know why you're crying. I'm not criticizing your boy ffs :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's ridiculous, isn't it? It was but for the grace of some higher power, or maybe just the crapness of the strikes on goal, that we weren't conceding more. Our defence is better than it's been in about 5 years.

Farzad Stoned

Your initial claim was that he has improved our defense and I point out that he has spent almost 200m on it. So it's not a surprise that the defense is half decent. But then again, it's still shipping in goals against the top sides.
Yes that is what I said he improved defense and pulling the shirt from Leno was smart. So he isn’t the blithering, talentless hack some make him. The Willian crap was a horrific mistake will not defend that but I will give him credit where it is due

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yes that is what I said he improved defense and pulling the shirt from Leno was smart. So he isn’t the blithering, talentless hack some make him. The Willian crap was a horrific mistake will not defend that but I will give him credit where it is due
White, Tommi, and Ramsdale were huge decisions that have paid off despite massive criticism. I'm sure if they were bagged up in the summer, there are posters on here that wouldn't have coughed up £20m on those three if it were their money. All of them have come in and hit the ground running. I've not seen our defence renovated to that effect and in that space of time since Wenger phased out Dixon, Adams, Bould and Winterburn, and even that was done in stages. That deserves credit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
White, Tommi, and Ramsdale were huge decisions that have paid off despite massive criticism. I'm sure if they were bagged up in the summer, there are posters on here that wouldn't have coughed up £20m on those three if it were their money. All of them have come in and hit the ground running. I've not seen our defence renovated to that effect and in that space of time since Wenger phased out Dixon, Adams, Bould and Winterburn, and even that was done in stages. That deserves credit.
Yeah great acquisitions, they all replaced the players your boys Raul and Kia signed, even Tierney and Pepe have beeb dropped.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom