• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He spent most of his playing career in midtable clubs. I think that has certainly played a part in his cautious approach.
We're the only one of the top 6 now without a 'super coach' just a mid table football player with no experience.

James Nicholas says it doesn't matter though, Arsenal are attempting to 'make a managerial star. They may not want a “win now” coach for their “win tomorrow” squad.'

Whose paying him for this drivel?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We're the only one of the top 6 now without a 'super coach' just a mid table football player with no experience.

James Nicholas says it doesn't matter though, Arsenal are attempting to 'make a managerial star. They may not want a “win now” coach for their “win tomorrow” squad.'

I don't even think they believe most of what they write. It's so sad what journalism has turned into these days. Even Amy Lawrence, I used to enjoy her piece when was still in The Guardian. She's become a shill these days since joining The Athletic.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Seriously now: Is 22-23 seen as young ages in modern football? I dont understand this.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

What the **** could that even mean???

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Let’s be realistic and admit that on paper, man for man etc... whatever you want to call it that West Ham side looks pish. Yet they’ve came twice from behind against Chelsea and ended up beating them and yet some in our fan base act like we should be grateful that Chelsea “only” beat us 2-0. We won’t improve while this type of loser mentality pervades our fan base

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Let’s be realistic and admit that on paper, man for man etc... whatever you want to call it that West Ham side looks pish. Yet they’ve came twice from behind against Chelsea and ended up beating them and yet some in our fan base act like we should be grateful that Chelsea “only” beat us 2-0. We won’t improve while this type of loser mentality pervades our fan base
Just waiting for a pro-Arteta poster to say that our game against west Ham is a free hit :lol:

Kav

Established Member
Just waiting for a pro-Arteta poster to say that our game against west Ham is a free hit :lol:
Please don’t give them any talking points. I can see it now West ham is in top 4 right now, we can’t beat them!

It would piss me off if anyone made this argument. Just have a go. Try. Stop this boring, mechanical way of playing and attack.

We have decent players but it seems they are afraid to show how good they are and I don’t understand why. West ham is playing much better than us when they attack but I don’t think they have a better team or squad. Antonio, Rice Soucek and Zouma would get into our first team but aside from those players we are better man for man. Bowen is playing well though.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Please don’t give them any talking points. I can see it now West ham is in top 4 right now, we can’t beat them!

It would piss me off if anyone made this argument. Just have a go. Try. Stop this boring, mechanical way of playing and attack.

We have decent players but it seems they are afraid to show how good they are and I don’t understand why. West ham is playing much better than us when they attack but I don’t think they have a better team or squad. Antonio, Rice Soucek and Zouma would get into our first team but aside from those players we are better man for man. Bowen is playing well though.
I don't get it. ****ing Moyes has West Ham playing some good stuff with inferior players and yet our fans believe that is impossible without spending half a billion.

Kav

Established Member
I don't get it. ****ing Moyes has West Ham playing some good stuff with inferior players and yet our fans believe that is impossible without spending half a billion.
It’s obvious what the problem is but I’m trying not to bash Arteta right now. I will wait to see how things unfold at the end of the month. That will give us a better idea of where we are in comparison to the rest of the league and it will show us how strong our squad really is during the holiday games.

He’s been lucky so far but he’s also been doing some good work in terms of team shape and structure defensively. Too bad it’s at the expense of our attack.

mirrorstares

Only credit I can give them is that they have not tried to claim this misery is the way the club has always done things or something like that. The horrors of Artetaball are this isolated project that hopefully we'll be able to move on quickly when we finally stop being so stupid.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he has to take the blame for randomly starting Elneny. I have seen people say he had an okay game. I don't see that at all. Every single time he got the ball in the first half he put us under pressure. How can you talk about having faith in players and then drop Lokonga for Elneny.

Clivepafc also pointed out that he dribbles the ball to players. United were happy with him having all the touches. They just concentrated on Party. If they had Lokonga to worry about it would have been a different story. How can you select a player based on how he played in an empty stadium a year ago.

Also I think the point about us sitting and then hanging on is one that Clivepafc addressed very well. Arteta is visibly on the sideline trying to push us out. The defence are capable of passing out. The problem isn't first phase. It is the second phase.

Our players are not holding the ball under pressure while building up. ESR, Ødegaard, Auba. Then you have Partey and Nuno losing it. How do we get out if all of those players do not retain the ball.

The question is, are we losing the ball because they are not technically good enough? Or is it because they are not in the right place ar the right time. Is it a systemic and personnel issue?

I think Nuno is overly trying to impress and lacks composure when overly aroused. Technically he is capable. Having said that, Tierney basically hoofs it under pressure. Partey is capable, but I just don't feel he is playing well at the moment.

We all know Auba can't. The big question marks are Ødegaard and ESR. Why can they not hold the ball and why can Saka and Martinelli? I think that says it all. ESR wants to lay it off first time and spin or set and receive again after he has moved. Ødegaard wants too many touches l. It seems like he needs two touches to create space when he needs to do it in one.

Martinelli and Saka take more touches, but they are more confident in taking players on. ESR has the dribbling, but he is still minding his stats. He still ensures he keeps to the structure and doesn't lose it. There is also the point of what do they do when they lose it? Saka and Martinelli seem to react quicker and try to win it back almost instantly. ESR and Ødegaard seem to pause.

----------------------Laca
Martinelli-------ESR-------Saka
----------Lokonga--Partey
Tierney--Gabriel--White--Tomi
------------------Ramsdale

Personally I think that should be the starting line up. More retention on the sides and up top. More robustness and intensity. It frees up ESR to run beyond and drift to both flanks.

The other option is this:

--------------------Martinelli
-----ESR-------------Saka-------Ødegaard

Is Martinelli ready? Who knows. However, I don't think Ødegaard should be pigeon holes as a 10. I think Saka would be a better 10. Especially when all of those 3 players can rotate around. It would make us more fluid.

Would they retain though? I doubt we will get to see it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If we don’t get 9 points from next 3 you can count me as Arteta out. Last year his teamsheets and subs were awful. The way he managed the United match was borderline criminal. To go down twice and to keep Mo in the whole time, he is managing either scared or plain stupid. I gave the guy credit for improving the defense and bringing in Ramsdale, I still do. But he is setting up teams to fail. Last year wanted to shoot him for playing Willian, metaphorically of course. At this point if you have to promise Ten Hag 20 million a year and 200 million pound kitty to get him it will be worth it. I am willing to really give him the next 3 matches otherwise it is clear he isn’t the guy. And I generally don’t like mid season firings and prefer managers be given time but he has a monumental stinker list that match against a vulnerable United singlehandedly

Top Bottom