• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Why is Arteta consistently praised for having a young squad? Wenger was hammered for the same thing, despite not having the budget.

Who pays these people?

Because the "young squad for the future" schtick was engineered by Arteta and his media/PR shills.

As @field442 explained it well, this approach is designed to buy him time in the owners eyes and his media hacks will have plenty of excuses ready.

The fact that he made a 180° turnaround from signing experience in first summer window (plans for CL in 3 years 🤦🏻‍♂️) to youth (ones for the future), is a testament that he has no idea but he's just buying himself more time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He doesn't really need to buy himself more time with the youth excuse, as the board clearly want to give him time anyway, or he would have been sacked last season.

I am glad we ae buying younger players, tbh...most of the recent experienced ones we have bought, have been terrible.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Because the "young squad for the future" schtick was engineered by Arteta and his media/PR shills.

As @field442 explained it well, this approach is designed to buy him time in the owners eyes and his media hacks will have plenty of excuses ready.

The fact that he made a 180° turnaround from signing experience in first summer window (plans for CL in 3 years 🤦🏻‍♂️) to youth (ones for the future), is a testament that he has no idea but he's just buying himself more time.

With the players or with the excuse?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
In the end our football is what matters

Plenty of people around saying "you would have taken 5th place after GW 14 at the start of the season!" No, not with this football. This football deserves to be around 12th and 15th in the PL, why would I take that?
The most ludicrous part of that argument is that they want you to ignore the fact that our league position is buoyed by a fairly easy schedule so far in concert with our direct rivals for the European places having been dragged down by their own awful managers, which both clubs have now jettisoned for vastly superior ones. They also want us to ignore our abysmal goal difference and that even our margins of victory against midtable to relegation opposition have been razor thin. The underlying metrics suggest that we are going to slide down the table pretty precipitously as our rivals get their acts together and we continue to put ourselves in a position where we need to basically defend perfectly for 90 minutes to pick up points since we can't score with any consistency against even poor opposition. One idiot in particular doesn't seem to think that goal difference matters when it quite literally can be the deciding factor between you being anywhere from CL to out of Europe all together in a tight race for places.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Football needs to stop rating strikers on how they press, and defenders on their ability to start attacks...that's ass backwards, tbh.

Needs to go back to the old days...were CBs are constantly smashing the ball out of the stadium when under no pressure (preferably while drunk and also getting in a cheeky elbow on the oppo striker) while Thierry Henry picks up the ball and runs past 3-4 players every game, but ask him to "pressure" Richard Dunne when he's on the ball and he will rightly slap you for wasting his time and energy.
Actually no, you're way of thinking is ass backwards

There is reason why FC Barcelona and Spain dominated from 2008-12 and there is reason why modern football has shifted towards this philosophy

If you want to revert to 20th century football, that's great. Look at Jose Mourinho recent results if you want that type of football. I want to see ambition and forward thinking football with actual competent manager before we get left behind even furthest!

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
In the end our football is what matters

Plenty of people around saying "you would have taken 5th place after GW 14 at the start of the season!" No, not with this football. This football deserves to be around 12th and 15th in the PL, why would I take that?
The only position that matters is our place at the end of the season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If we don’t get 9 points from next 3 you can count me as Arteta out. Last year his teamsheets and subs were awful. The way he managed the United match was borderline criminal. To go down twice and to keep Mo in the whole time, he is managing either scared or plain stupid. I gave the guy credit for improving the defense and bringing in Ramsdale, I still do. But he is setting up teams to fail. Last year wanted to shoot him for playing Willian, metaphorically of course. At this point if you have to promise Ten Hag 20 million a year and 200 million pound kitty to get him it will be worth it. I am willing to really give him the next 3 matches otherwise it is clear he isn’t the guy. And I generally don’t like mid season firings and prefer managers be given time but he has a monumental stinker list that match against a vulnerable United singlehandedly

Elneny played better than Partey............ the one who should have been subbed off was Partey.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Elneny played better than Partey............ the one who should have been subbed off was Partey.
Yes but he hadn’t played the guy all season why this match? Partey was poor as we’ll probably the worst of a bad midfield

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He wants Yaya Toure here as a coach now, ffs.

Classic FM move that :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Please don’t give them any talking points. I can see it now West ham is in top 4 right now, we can’t beat them!

It would piss me off if anyone made this argument. Just have a go. Try. Stop this boring, mechanical way of playing and attack.

We have decent players but it seems they are afraid to show how good they are and I don’t understand why. West ham is playing much better than us when they attack but I don’t think they have a better team or squad. Antonio, Rice Soucek and Zouma would get into our first team but aside from those players we are better man for man. Bowen is playing well though.
You say this and when you apply what you've said, we could replace half our team with West Ham players and improve. That's a real worry imo.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Can you repost the comparison of our results from last season to this season please?
Here it is

Funnily enough we're doing worse if you compare our results so far vs last season.

mqdu92p3h7381.jpg

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I really don't get it at all. There are signs that we can play ball with beatifull football. The second goal was a textbook, trainingground goal that was practiced.

And everytime when we are a goal up, rather than continue playing football, we start to defend and bring the other team back into the match. Really frustrating stuff to see. What are we? Stoke 3.0?
The worst thing is he and his cult always lie and say it’s the players. They fall for his stupid gesticulating on the touch line which no player pay attention to as it makes zero sense as sign he wants them to attack

Top Bottom