• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Tbf to him we have been pretty good this season when it comes to the smaller teams, if we continue that form we’ll get back in Europa.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is so far below Pep, Tuchel, Klopp, Conte as a manager that it's embarassing. We need to go out and find a real manager. I think we are in a similar position to Chelsea under Lampard. There's a good squad of players. Bringing in a competent manager will make a massive difference. I don't see us making top 6. And that, after more than two seasons and large investment has to be time to depart with MA.
They were talking about this on the radio the other days and how amateurish football is when it comes to managers. Clubs would game 10-15 million on players. But would not pay that for a manager. The man that’s supposed to lead your whole club. They talked about how some of the biggest clubs in the world put people like Ole, lampard and Arteta in charge of their organisations without being anywhere ear qualified and you wouldn’t see it in the real world unless it’s a family business

GunnerShy

Wins are wins that’s all that matters.
Disagree. Looking at it on a one game basis that is true. But taking a season long/long term view quality of performances matter.

We are getting slapped by the good teams and scraping wins against the likes of Watford. A slight change in luck/performance and we will be quickly sliding down to compete with Villa again for 10th.

tcahill

I'm turning on Arteta just seeing what top managers are doing with other top clubs. Out of the non WC managers at top 6 teams (Ole, Arteta, Lampard, Nuno), only Arteta is left. The difference in how those teams are playing now and how they were is night and day.

I'd be extremely excited to see what a top manager like Ten Hag, or even a proven smaller team manager like Rodgers, Potter or even Hassenhuttl could do.

Arteta is boring. It may just be a case of the grass is greener, but our football is so boring, even if the results are ok. We've scored almost as many goals from set pieces as open play, and can't create chances. Arteta may well be destined to be a great coach in the future, but he's clearly a few years off. I don't want to wait around for that.

gamechannel

The ****er's gonna be around even if we are battling relegation. He is tight with the board.

Hopefully, Everton hammer us tomorrow so at least the fans start getting vocal about wanting him out. Thats the only thing that will force this board's hand eventually.

**** Arteta.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The ****er's gonna be around even if we are battling relegation. He is tight with the board.

Hopefully, Everton hammer us tomorrow so at least the fans start getting vocal about wanting him out. Thats the only thing that will force this board's hand eventually.

**** Arteta.

We dont need to be wishing the team loses so that Arteta gets the boot. In fact that would be stupid thinking to wish that.

The club officials can see what is going on around the club and know that waiting too long or putting all their eggs in one basket is not good strategy. Contingency plans may not be part of meetings Edu and Arteta are part of, but they are definitely being had.

There is simply too much to lose in the short to medium term to simply trust the process, no serious organisation operates like this anywhere in the world. If we do not meet some minimum targets, which I think include both performances and positions, we will cut the cord.

Haphazard

All our rivals having proper managers now, Arsenal starting to slide down the table and now Xhaka is back.

You guys only get Christmas ruined...this is also my birthday month, ffs :lol:
I'm gonna be watching Spiderman no way home on my birthday and then will come back and binge watch S2 of the Witcher

This terrorist will NOT ruin my birthday, do not give in to his evil plans Riou!

GLITCH

The club officials can see what is going on around the club and know that waiting too long or putting all their eggs in one basket is not good strategy. Contingency plans may not be part of meetings Edu and Arteta are part of, but they are definitely being had.
Arteta has already been here too long, and it looks like they're going to give him more money and time. It's no surprise to me Arteta is the last man standing, despite glaring signs he's not good enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm gonna be watching Spiderman no way home on my birthday

giphy.gif

#NotMySpidey

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't see another team in the world spending 200M on summer keeping a *** who is not capable of reaching even EL. Our board is wasting precious time of rebuilding something for our young players.
A lot of focus on the 8th place finish. The way we were eliminated two years in a row in the Europa league was shocking.

Especially the Villareal exit. Not much has been made of it. There seems to be an acceptance of mediocrity.

I would also add that youth and inexperience is being used to justify these players not being able to keep playing after we lead. Wenger had young teams who didn't know to not attack.

The messages aren't getting through.

Malky

Established Member
I'm turning on Arteta just seeing what top managers are doing with other top clubs. Out of the non WC managers at top 6 teams (Ole, Arteta, Lampard, Nuno), only Arteta is left. The difference in how those teams are playing now and how they were is night and day.

I'd be extremely excited to see what a top manager like Ten Hag, or even a proven smaller team manager like Rodgers, Potter or even Hassenhuttl could do.

Arteta is boring. It may just be a case of the grass is greener, but our football is so boring, even if the results are ok. We've scored almost as many goals from set pieces as open play, and can't create chances. Arteta may well be destined to be a great coach in the future, but he's clearly a few years off. I don't want to wait around for that.
One by one the Arteta fans are starting to see it. Despite the money spent there has been very little, to no improvment in 2 years. The way he's backed in the media like he's some proven, top quality coach is incredible.
The inexperienced and young side is also such a pathetic excuse, when that comes out he's basically hiding behind the kids. Like @The_Playmaker said - " youth and inexperience is being used to justify these players not being able to keep playing after we lead. Wenger had young teams who didn't know to not attack "

Malky

Established Member
The really pathetic thing is, even with a poor finish to the season, he wont be sacked - the board has already said the objective is " to finsh higher than 8th " :facepalm:
Never in my life have i seen the standards at this club drop so low.
Wasn't long ago Wenger was playing a team full of kids, selling his best players to help the clubs finances, yet the "fans" thought us still getting CL football every season wasn't good enough. :lol:

Top Bottom