• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal are getting the ball into the final third less than last year and only slightly better than 2019/20. Arsenal's completions within 25 yards of goal is down from last year and on par with 2019/20, with a greater share coming from crosses (generally less efficient ways of generating threat). Arsenal's progressive actions are down quite 17% from last year and 11% from what they were in 2019/20. Arsenal are in control of less of the ball and are back to having a lower share of the ball in the final third.

These numbers directly tie into the attacking numbers and with these numbers, it is not a surprise that attack numbers are down, in fact, it might be actually on the fortunate side that they aren't worse.

Verdict: This indicator is trending negative

Can't be bothered to go back, but this is what I meant when it's not only raw numbers that point to our attack being worse(and this is comparing to the last 2 seasons, never mind the ones before that)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Honestly, though, I hate this sort of scenario we're win much more than when he's just getting jammy wins. It's Emery all over again for me.

It is sort of inevitable we find ourselves here once more, not because of the three losses, but because of how they happened. I just hate the feeling of "hope the next game is his last".

Specially because it won't be.

With the jammy wins at least you have something, no matter how bleak, to look forward to in a positive manner.

mirrorstares

That new title thread is horrible, Ole did a lot more for his club than Arteta.

He restored the identity of a club whose fans erroneously believed was just about winning and nothing else, and for the first time in a while they can actually be excited for what lies ahead

Arteta has basically ruined the modern identity of this club and is in the process of replacing it with something that is both unappealing and unsuccessful. We will rue this appointment for years after he ****s off

Ole is clear.

Kav

Established Member
When i think of Arteta's tenure in charge only one thing comes to mind REGRESSION.

This actually hurts me to say but I wish we had someone sensible in a position of authority that has great football knowledge (on matters of Talent identification, organizational management, commercial dealings, Player recruitment and sales) that can make some hard decisions like firing some individuals who are apart of the present managerial set up at Arsenal.

I don't like calling for people to lose their jobs but is it not better to amputate the gangrene hand than lose the whole Arm or the body?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’ll get sacked at some point this season “by mutual consent” and the athletic will write how Arteta overhauled the squad and laid the foundations for the future when in reality we’ve just completely wasted two years and haven’t moved forward an inch.
He will survive, he has a 32 Auba, 30 year old Laca and some kids to hide behind.

Once we spend a similar amount to this summer, but on forwards - then he will finally have absolutely nowhere to hide. He gets sacked next season but no this one.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
if only we had a couple of midfielders that excelled at progressing and retaining the ball 🤷‍♂️

Meh, in our current set-up I don't think they'd look like that anyways. Typical graph that Thomas and Xhaka would show up highly on normally but under this team and style of play no.

But yeah, Guendouzi and Bennacer are good footballers.

He showed hints of it at Hertha. Wasn't at this level though, obviously.
Here too. Guendouzi always showed an eye for a pass and personality on the ball.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
In about five player threads, there's talk of binning players because they're rubbish or Arteta doesn't want them. We've had a massive overhaul of players already and we are getting worse. Surely it's better, easier and cheaper to bin this so called manager. If he gets his way, AMN, Kola, Elneny, Saliba, Guendouzi, Chambers, Holding, Mavro, Nketiah, Laca and Auba, Pepe and Leno all leave. That's not counting Torreira Nelson and Bellerin. That's 16 players that we probably won't get £120m for and all to pursue Vlahovic who doesn't want to join us. We can't gut the squad and let him keep spending, unchecked

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He will survive, he has a 32 Auba, 30 year old Laca and some kids to hide behind.

Once we spend a similar amount to this summer, but on forwards - then he will finally have absolutely nowhere to hide. He gets sacked next season but no this one.

Even if we had three 8ths in a row, or a 9th?

Top Bottom