• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arsenal gets knocked out of Europa>
Artetasexuals: Now we get to focus on the league.

Arsenal doesn’t qualify for any European competition>
Artetasexuals: next season we get one game a week and we will be fresh for top four challenge.

Arsenal gets knocked out of Fa cup >
Artetasexuals: it’s just a tin pot trophy

Arsenal get knocked out of League Cup>
Artetasexuals: we didn’t want the Mickey Mouse trophy anyway and we can focus on Top Four.

What will be your next excuse?

Conversely...

Arsenal go on a good run, and there are genuine improvements in team performances.

Not a peep from the Anti-Arteta brigade, disappearances off the forum and long moments of absence. Nothing to contribute to the forum really.

And for those who do remain... "Oh no, its all that money spent that is the reason, or... our rivals are having their worst season, it cannot be anything else" :lol:

First sign of strife or missteps.

Anti-Arteta brigade - "See I TOLD YOU. Spends the most in the league and cannot even get top four. How much more money does Arteta need to spend to get top 4"

Conveniently forgetting the number of years where the first team was literally not invested in, compared to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City. No... its about viewing this season in isolation, ignoring a lot of the first team backlog and necessary rebuilding required. And no, Sokratis and Willian are not investments in our squad.

There are many examples of mindless shills out here, and our beloved Anti-Arteta brigade are a massive part of that group.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Conversely...

Arsenal go on a good run, and there are genuine improvements in team performances.

Not a peep from the Anti-Arteta brigade, disappearances off the forum and long moments of absence. Nothing to contribute to the forum really.

And for those who do remain... "Oh no, its all that money spent that is the reason, or... our rivals are having their worst season, it cannot be anything else" :lol:

Anti-Arteta brigade - "See I TOLD YOU. Spends the most in the league and cannot even get top four. How much more money does Arteta need to spend to get top 4"

Conveniently forgetting the number of years where the first team was literally not invested in, compared to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City. No... its about viewing this season in isolation, ignoring a lot of the first team backlog and necessary rebuilding required. And no, Sokratis and Willian are not investments in our squad.

There are many examples of mindless shills out here, and our beloved Anti-Arteta brigade are a massive part of that group.

So your takeaway is that the anti-Arteta posters are as culpable in making excuses like the pro-Arteta brigade? If so that I can’t agree on. The Artetasexuals seem to have mastered that one.

Mind you both side will have espoused unreasonable arguments at times.

Can you explain to me why it was that last season we were told to ignore the performances because the Arteta sexuals had a “feeling” things were going to get better?

Yet you now tout the improved performances, bit hypocritical isn’t that?

Speaking of which those improvements have not been consistent nor have they been on display enough times throughout the season. Much scope for improvement if we want to get to our stated goals.

Why is it that I see the Arteta fans now talking about our league position when last season they told me to ignore the league table?

Didn’t you lot make up your own league table to show how good he was doing?

Honestly the inners are very much responsible for the lack of rational discussion with their history of poverty posting but the outers are not without blame.

SA Gunner

So your takeaway is that the anti-Arteta posters are as culpable in making excuses like the pro-Arteta brigade? If so that I can’t agree on. The Artetasexuals seem to have mastered that one.

Mind you both side will have espoused unreasonable arguments at times.

Can you explain to me why it was that last season we were told to ignore the performances because the Arteta sexuals had a “feeling” things were going to get better?

Yet you now tout the improved performances, bit hypocritical isn’t that?

Speaking of which those improvements have not been consistent nor have they been on display enough times throughout the season. Much scope for improvement if we want to get to our stated goals.

Why is it that I see the Arteta fans now talking about our league position when last season they told me to ignore the league table?

Didn’t you lot make up your own league table to show how good he was doing?

Honestly the inners are very much responsible for the lack of rational discussion with their history of poverty posting but the outers are not without blame.

I'd challenge you to find an ArtetaIN or sexual, from last season. Heck I'd move it to this season even, see if you can find a sexual after the first three games of the season. You will see the number of ArtetaOUTs, some even wishing failure of the the club in numbers, openly admitting that too. Now you tell me how that compares with your description of "poverty posting and lack of rational discussion".

The key point I want to make however is that the extremist, silly to stupid posting is in good supply on both sides. With thoughts and ideas being made up about each faction, like this is some primary school playground.

The best views come from those on either side of the divide, who back up their arguments with well thought out and expressed points. Opinion that involves technical analysis and concessions to both sides of the argument. That's where we really see some of the forum's best work. And yes, that includes things like "making up your own league table", which came from the media by the way. There is reason for tracking such statistical analysis for example, beyond your claim that the media themselves are Arteta shills.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Conversely...

The good run we’ve just gone on? Where we beat no team and just before lost to Everton and Utd?

This is also his first good run in over 2 years.

SA Gunner

The good run we’ve just gone on? Where we beat no team and just before lost to Everton and Utd?

This is also his first good run in over 2 years.

What does the table say currently?

Kav

Established Member
I'd challenge you to find an ArtetaIN or sexual, from last season. Heck I'd move it to this season even, see if you can find a sexual after the first three games of the season. You will see the number of ArtetaOUTs, some even wishing failure of the the club in numbers, openly admitting that too. Now you tell me how that compares with your description of "poverty posting and lack of rational discussion".

The key point I want to make however is that the extremist, silly to stupid posting is in good supply on both sides. With thoughts and ideas being made up about each faction, like this is some primary school playground.

The best views come from those on either side of the divide, who back up their arguments with well thought out and expressed points. Opinion that involves technical analysis and concessions to both sides of the argument. That's where we really see some of the forum's best work. And yes, that includes things like "making up your own league table", which came from the media by the way. There is reason for tracking such statistical analysis for example, beyond your claim that the media themselves are Arteta shills.
Your opinion of some of the forum’s best work is not universally shared here. I’d restrict such hyperbole to fantasy. There is a difference between objective posting and data manipulation which is what the Artetasexuals routinely engage in. Which is why I can’t take them seriously, they go to great lengths to make arguments that no one else would rationally make in such discussions. Last season one poster blamed the grass for our loss. 😆

Lastly it would be remiss of me not to challenge your last sentence. I have made no such claims and I challenge you to provide any evidence of that. Without more kindly retract your statement otherwise you will look kind of silly.

Kav

Established Member
What does the table say currently?
So now the table matters? 😄😄😄😄

It did not matter last season though. Or is it that it only matters when Arsenal are higher on the table?

You all made up your own table since Christmas, you lot are the most disingenuous posters I have ever seen.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Conversely...

Easy solution for Arteta and the club: just win every match and never go on a bad spell. He has dug such a deep hole that I do not think it is unreasonable to expect him to show miraculous results. Bah bah bah, first team was literally not invested in compared to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City....... so Sp**s and West Ham had more investments into their first team?

SA Gunner

Your opinion of some of the forum’s best work is not universally shared here. I’d restrict such hyperbole to fantasy. There is a difference between objective posting and data manipulation which is what the Artetasexuals routinely engage in. Which is why I can’t take them seriously, they go to great lengths to make arguments that no one else would rationally make in such discussions. Last season one poster blamed the grass for our loss. 😆

Lastly it would be remiss of me not to challenge your last sentence. I have made no such claims and I challenge you to provide any evidence of that. Without more kindly retract your statement otherwise you will look kind of silly.

Fair enough, we can call the forums best work statement hyperbole if put to a vote. From a personal standpoint however I’d stick with that statement, as I do believe the quality of posting here has gone down significantly, to the playground levels I mentioned before.

As for the media are shills statement, I’m not going to dig to see if you specifically said that, so I’ll retract the specific reference to you. That’s not my main point however, the main point is that those “made up tables” go beyond a shallow need to make Arteta look like some superstar, and you understand the logic, but still decide to use it in your arguments. :lol:

Raise your game if you want to expose ArtetaINs. What you currently doing isn’t good enough.

Reactions: Kav

SA Gunner

It says we’re 7th. 1 point ahead of Wolves at 8th.

What’s that got to do with what I posted? You mentioned our good run and I just questioned how good it really was.

Why do I have to remind you, that the table is the clearest indicator of progress through a season?

Are you purposefully trying to be obtuse?

Kav

Established Member
Why do I have to remind you, that the table is a clear indicator of progress through a season?

Are you purposefully trying to be obtuse?
Where was this reverence for our position on the league table last season?

Why was it necessary for the inners to create their own league table “since Christmas” if the actual league table is a clear indicator of progress?

SA Gunner

Where was this reverence for our position on the league table last season?

Why was it necessary for the inners to create their own league table “since Christmas” if the actual league table is a clear indicator of progress?

Why are you acting as though you dont understand this alternative table concept?

Kav

Established Member
Why are you acting as though you dont understand this alternative table concept?
I understand it clearly it doesn't mean I agree with its premise, especially since its very existence was based on a fallacious argument "that we were doing well". Which is why I have a difficulty accepting any views based on an alternative table. Is that so hard to understand?

We can't be simultaneously be doing well and be poor at the same time now can we?

SA Gunner

I understand it clearly it doesn't mean I agree with its premise, especially since its very existence was based on a fallacious argument "that we were doing well". Which is why I have a difficulty accepting any views based on an alternative table. Is that so hard to understand?

We can't be simultaneously be doing well and be poor at the same time now can we?

So then why are these alternative tables, and concepts like points per game being raised in the first place?

Its all fair and well that you dont agree with the idea, you need further convincing of good performances or a broader improvement in form or overall rebuild project. You need further convincing, so raise those points then because it opens up the debate.

But also understand that just because you dismiss them as not sufficient, doesnt mean that they now are insufficient. There are many who find value in such analysis, and you should engage them, instead of making long posts, which I initially challenged you on.

Kav

Established Member
So then why are these alternative tables, and concepts like points per game being raised in the first place?

Its all fair and well that you dont agree with the idea, you need further convincing of good performances or a broader improvement in form or overall rebuild project. You need further convincing, so raise those points then because it opens up the debate.

But also understand that just because you dismiss them as not sufficient, doesnt mean that they now are insufficient. There are many who find value in such analysis, and you should engage them, instead of making long posts, which I initially challenged you on.
I am yet to see a cogent argument put forth for the reason to rely or value such a table, therein lies the problem.

Had the tables been created to show any performance changes due to a change in tactics then we could have had a discussion about the tactical implications. However the arguments raised were that we were doing well in this alternate table despite the fact that both the performances and results indicated a mid table station.

That being said I don’t wish to go back down that road. We have digressed from our original discussion, which is the examples of unreasonable posting on both sides.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom