• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Milan Baroš

jacc_7_1

if baros cant play with owen as his strike partner what makes you think that baros will be able to play with henry? the best striker in EPL?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Owen just can't play with other strikers. He's too selfish. Either he plays well or the other striker does. They never both do at the same time.

A

Anonymous

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=326504&cc=3436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinene ... 04&cc=3436</a>

Is he a good option? anyone got an opinion?

A

Anonymous

surely for a good price he wouldnt be bad. He is young and has experience at he highest level an maybe wenger may be able to turn him inot a goal mouth pocher. It's certainly possible. It just gives us that extra option upfront as well as the 10-20 extra goals a season

Ratinho

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I think he's a very good player. We could do far worse.

Yep, we could buy Carl Asaba.

No to Baros. As has been said, complete headless chicken.

A

Anonymous

Ratinho said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I think he's a very good player. We could do far worse.

Yep, we could buy Carl Asaba.

No to Baros. As has been said, complete headless chicken.

agreed with the headless chicken. But im sure he is young enough for wenger ti change. If we pick him up as at a cheap price i think he would do nicely

A

Anonymous

yeha but still he can be changed. If you become a goalmouth poacher than you can have an inconsistent game and still score goals. If we sign him for bello 5 mill id say it was a good buy

Paden

In a good team like Arsenal he would be much better than in a mediocre Liverpoolteam. He has shown that he can perform when he plays for his country that´s among the better teams in the world. I don´t want him though but I think he would perform better in our team than in Pool.

AFCG7

Established Member
He's a good goalscorer.. and about selfishness.. i dont think so in his case. If he sees a chance for a goal he shoots. A lot of our players want to pass around the ball looking for a perfect goal.. MIlan Baros doesnt muck around and he's the kind of striker we could use.

Ziontrain

Paden said:
In a good team like Arsenal he would be much better than in a mediocre Liverpoolteam. He has shown that he can perform when he plays for his country that´s among the better teams in the world. I don´t want him though but I think he would perform better in our team than in Pool.

Spot on. Each player has a context that provides them the best platform to do what they do best. Baros is not gonna do it in Liverpool's system and he's far more likely to see success in our.

BTW I dont think he's selffish - he's just a single minded striker. We could use that more on this side. He waste a lot of time passing around the 18 harlmlessly when sometimes (only sometimes) you need to put the fear of God in the opponent by going right for the jugular.

I though Van P would be the one to provice that edge - that thrust in the box. He gets on the field with ONE thing in mind! But he's not channeled that extra edge he has to best use so far. Barous would be an addition in that direction.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom