• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MILLWALL

Aussie

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
Aussie said:
Great fun.

Sport is very different in Aus :wink:

Yeah, what would ports 'crew' be called? The Wharfies? :wink:

Yeah probably the Wharfies or swampies. Or as others like to call us ferals or **** of the earth :lol:

velimir85

Well,Aussie,gather info here,catch a few hints and you can become a pioneer of the Australian hooligan scene :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Yeah, what would ports 'crew' be called? The Wharfies?
How about the 'pussies' :lol: sorry couldnt resist :wink:

There are some catchy names out there. Some very strange ones:
bradford city "the ointment"
crystal palace "under 5's"

They provide some good names for fantasy football teams and other things, like a few of us created an indoor football team called 'The FYC', thats short for Fine Young Casuals.

Aussie

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Yeah, what would ports 'crew' be called? The Wharfies?
How about the 'pussies' :lol: sorry couldnt resist :wink:

You take a trip down to Alberton wearing a Norwood Jumper. If it was still the 80's you wouldnt make it out alive.

A

Anonymous

You take a trip down to Alberton wearing a Norwood Jumper. If it was still the 80's you wouldnt make it out alive.
Should of informed me of this back in the 80's, im sure i would of tried. Whats norwood anyway? Im sure it cant be worse than millwall or cardiff!!!

Aussie

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Should of informed me of this back in the 80's, im sure i would of tried. Whats norwood anyway? Im sure it cant be worse than millwall or cardiff!!!

Well Norwood are a bit of a upmarket suburb with a footy team who has a very strong rivalry with Port Adelaide footy club one of the lower class suburbs in Adelaide.

What i meant was go down to Port Adelaide in a Norwood jumper you would struggle to make it out of Port Adelaide alive.

A

Anonymous

Abit like going down seven sisters road in an arsenal shirt then? me and the lads once tied our mate to a lamp post 200metres from ****e hart lane, in only his underwear, a shirt and arsenal hat and scarf, we wrote on his white shirt "i hate yid ****" and left him there for a few hours. Fortunately for him it was at 2am so not many people did anything, a few abususive statements and threats but nothing much, maybe next time we should do it on a match day :lol:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Going back to the original point.

I've often travelled abroad with Arsenal, and there's no doubt that you'll quite often get trouble from muppets wanting to take on 'the engleesh hoolies'. It's quite common for English fans to be attacked abroad for absolutely no reason.

The worst thing about it is you NEVER get help from the foreign police when it kicks off, they never do anything until their nationals are in trouble.

Millwall are certainly no saints, but to be fair to them the current chairman has done wonders at the club trying to eradicate a problem that actually goes back over 100 years.

phenn

theguvnor said:
Abit like going down seven sisters road in an arsenal shirt then? me and the lads once tied our mate to a lamp post 200metres from s***e hart lane, in only his underwear, a shirt and arsenal hat and scarf, we wrote on his white shirt "i hate yid ****" and left him there for a few hours. Fortunately for him it was at 2am so not many people did anything, a few abususive statements and threats but nothing much, maybe next time we should do it on a match day :lol:

This was your friend?

Jesus how drunk were you!

A

Anonymous

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Going back to the original point.

I've often travelled abroad with Arsenal, and there's no doubt that you'll quite often get trouble from muppets wanting to take on 'the engleesh hoolies'. It's quite common for English fans to be attacked abroad for absolutely no reason.

The worst thing about it is you NEVER get help from the foreign police when it kicks off, they never do anything until their nationals are in trouble.

Millwall are certainly no saints, but to be fair to them the current chairman has done wonders at the club trying to eradicate a problem that actually goes back over 100 years.

That is very true, French and Spanish OB being the worst.

Lens in the Uefa semi a few years back, the trouble there was caused totally by the police, I think they are called the CPS or something in France. Big nasty looking bastards. When they start giving it out then the chants of "if it wasnt for the English you'd be krauts (sp?)" chants start and a nasty atmosphere develops.

A

Anonymous

Nail on the head.

foreign police are ****, a few years ago in one of englands qualifiers hundreds of english were in a pub, me included. out the front comes some idiot home fans from the country we were in, wanting to have a go at the mighty english, a few lads outside saw them off and came back to the pub to keep drinking. all spirits were high, there was maybe one or 2 english faces, but noone big time, so it was generally normal people. the gang of home hools came back 2 more times and got chased off twice more. 4th time they had doubled in numbers so more english lads went outside to see them off once and for all, bottles, darts, chairs, snooker balls we all launched at these irritating ****s who hurled them all back. The few gooners and millwall i was with in the pub stayed seated at the back, we were on a day off, especially with germany trip coming up, didnt fancy being banned from travelling for that game. Then what do the OB do! they come out in force, riot gear and all, the people who started it all - the home countries hooligans - all dispersed, leaving us english in the pub unable to run anywhere. The police closed in on us and smashed some windows and threw in tear gas, they then fired in dud bullets into our pack of drinkers in the pub, i got hit in the leg and believe me, it hurt! my mates dragged me outside as i tryed to limp on one leg, the whole bar was filled with tear gas, then every englishman running out of the pub was hit on the back by a nutter pig with a batton. I got smacked on the back of the neck, immediately went to ground, 2 pigs grabbed my hands, tied them up with that plastic wire stuff they use and bundled me into the paddy wagon :evil: 32 english were arrested, non charged. We hadnt done anything wrong but the police targetted us because of reputation. I had a nice night in a cell, missed the game, couldnt walk for 2 days and had to miss a weeks work because i could hardly lift my head due to an unexplained lump, the size of a cricket ball :wink:

As sol said, spanish are the worst, they hate the english. when i was younger and used to go clubbing when on holiday, they would always pick out the english kids on the streets.

When they start giving it out then the chants of "if it wasnt for the English you'd be krauts (sp?)" chants start and a nasty atmosphere develops.
:lol: that is a classic song though. Always happens, police just have a knack of making a bad atmosphere worse, or a good atmosphere bad. They go in weapons first and it only provokes the lads. Songs like you mentioned get sung the police get more aggro, and things get bad.
Another occasion with england police turned nasty for no reason outside a pub, some drunk english fan took one hell of a kicking off 4 pigs in the middle of the road. Before that the police were searching him and we looked on from the pub surrounded by OB not being able to get out, so we started singing "harry roberts hes our friend, hes our friend, hes our friend, harry roberts hes our friend, he kills coppers", disgraceful song, but of course it was millwall who started it. but that seemed to get the police more angry and one lashed out at a lad outside the pub, the pigs searching the drunked in the street then started hitting him with their battons, so all hell broke loose. the english lads went off, and too be honest, did quite ****ing well. 200 english lads on 100+ riot police, and they got the police back right off. Thats when i realised i was still under parol conditions and werent meant to be within 500 yards of a football ground, soon legged it to a nice little irish pub and got plastered in their watching ireland get beat in their qualifier.
funny days.

A

Anonymous

This was your friend?

Jesus how drunk were you!
14-16 pints worth :lol: it was his stag night. We did also sit in a pub across the road making sure nothing to bad happened to him.

velimir85

Police is the same everywhere.Just abou these days fans here are starting a campaign against police violence...hardly gonna work,but who knows...
Anyway,the reputation fans have is by far the most importan thing in police judging of the situation.A week ago,group of around 50 fans of my club (me not included,college and stuff) went to see our away game in a God forsaken town (more like oversized village :roll: ).Atmosphere was good,team needed a victory and was more than able to achieve it,all until the home squad stewarts (bunch of goons) decided that they all needed to pay tickets,despite there's a deal that all away fans do not pay tickets (all in effort to promote attendance).Not to mention that there was no stand :shock: ,for the away fans there was simple concrete ground,with a fence :shock: Out guys started complaining and next thing you knew the locals called the police :shock: ,simply because our fans are known to have caused problems in the past.Police came and after few provocations our crew got mad and started a fight...at the end,15 police officers in hospital,5 our guys too,and all 50 arrested...30 of them will be kept there for a month before even going to a trial :!:

A

Anonymous

Police treat any england fans like ****, guilty or not. The spanish police like to give a little kicking once in a while in the cell as well :evil: English police arnt so bad, they try to put on a bad cop attitude and you just laugh at them, guidelines are alot more strice, if an english copper hits you he will be sacked, unlike most european countries.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
To be fair to Spanish coppers - they tend to treat everyone as ****. The standard Spanish police responce to trounle is bash EVERYONE over the head and sort it out when they come round!

Far and away the worst are the Italian police though. I've been chased onto the Paris metro by CRS, I've had German police threatening to shoot us if we move, but the Italians take the biscuit for pure stupidity.

Good example was going out to Sampdoria for Euro semi a few years ago. We were supposed to be able to visit the town (and remember at the time we held the UEFA award for the best travelling supporters) but they stopped all the coaches (and any other Gooners they saw) on this god forsaken patch of gravel at the side of the road and kept us there for hours. No facilities what so ever (not even a water tap!). Bastards.

A

Anonymous

Yeh the italians are bad, gave us alot of grief against torino and more recently against inter.

Top Bottom