• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MLS Discussion

blaze_of_glory

Thread for the 2017 season, which kicks off this weekend. Seattle Sounders are the reigning champions after beating Toronto FC in the final back in December via PKs. Bad news out of is that Sounder fans are now even more smug than they were, but this is balanced nicely by the fact that Toronto sports fans still have nothing to cheer about.

Came across this reddit post breaking down the league and the new season, and its far more comprehensive than anything I could or would like to do, so I'll just link it here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5wnu9n/2017_guide_to_mls/

blaze_of_glory

Yeah Atlanta have an exciting attack, future looks good for them if they've been able to put together such a competitive team in their first season.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah Atlanta have an exciting attack, future looks good for them if they've been able to put together such a competitive team in their first season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Another highly-entertaining game between Atlanta and Orlando City. Hector Villalba broke through the Orlando defense and scored in stoppage time to tie it up after Kaka's first-half goal had the visitors ahead for most of the game.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
It's been a very interesting season so far. Really surprised by how good Atlanta FC has been. Just watched them beat Orlando tonight. Miguel Almiron, the player they bought from Lanus, was actually linked to Arsenal last summer.
They're the most exciting team to watch in the league, and the most frustrating. Best attacking talent, paired with a lack of defensive nous and a penchant for mental errors.

Didn't watch much MLS after moving here, but am very happy we got a team, as I now have a rooting interest during the summer dead months.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
They're the most exciting team to watch in the league, and the most frustrating. Best attacking talent, paired with a lack of defensive nous and a penchant for mental errors.

Didn't watch much MLS after moving here, but am very happy we got a team, as I now have a rooting interest during the summer dead months.

I've never really been able to settle on an MLS team to support, but I enjoy the games. Often they're more entertaining than watching Stoke and West Brom or something. I probably could be a Timbers fan if I lived on the West Coast, but too many of their games are on later than I should stay up (although I usually do). Like right now for instance.

blaze_of_glory

Whitecaps on real tear at the moment, top of the West now. What a turnaround from the start of the season, like a whole new team. Yordy Reyna has been a revelation, imagine where they could be if he hadn't been injured for half the year.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom