• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MLS Discussion

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
To be honest, Rooney has exceeded my expectations. He seems to getting himself in top physical shape and still has the talent and ball skills to be a dominant player. Good for him and good for the club and the city.

Same here. I questioned whether or not he could keep up with the pace. But he's really put everything he has into this and you have to admire him for that. He could have just lived off his name for the paycheck and been a useful enough player to get by. But he still has the fire in his belly.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
MLS Cup tonight. Liam Ridgewell is hoping to get a 2nd trophy and maybe even a cut of the log from Timber Joey. Plus he talks about drinking beer with fans in Portland.

blaze_of_glory

Thought this was interesting. MLS teams mapped by distance as if they were in Europe. Not sure how accurate it is, but the travel in NA is on an entirely different level.

AXg99Yu.png

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Check out this move and pass by 16-year-old Efrain Alvarez on his debut for L.A. Galaxy tonight against the Chicago Fire (Zlatan just scored as I typed this to put them in front 2-1).

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Leonardo Bertone, a 24-year-old Swiss midfielder who FC Cincinnati bought from Young Boys, has scored his club's first-ever MLS goal. It was a beauty, indeed!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Thought this was interesting. MLS teams mapped by distance as if they were in Europe. Not sure how accurate it is, but the travel in NA is on an entirely different level.

AXg99Yu.png

Probably pretty accurate, actually. The flight distance from Boston to Los Angeles is 2,611 miles (4,202 kilometers); from Glasgow to Baku, Azerbaijan is 2,650 miles.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Adama Diomande came off the bench and scored a dramatic winner for LAFC in the final minute of stoppage time. Good stuff.

Watched my hometown team DC United beat the MLS Champs Atlanta and saw the LAFC-SKC on TV as well. Both pretty good and entertaining games, despite the torrential downpours in DC. Good start of the season!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Watched my hometown team DC United beat the MLS Champs Atlanta and saw the LAFC-SKC on TV as well. Both pretty good and entertaining games, despite the torrential downpours in DC. Good start of the season!

DC United looked pretty good. They just may have something to say in the East this season. It helps having Rooney from the start and being settled into their new stadium now. Really the only national TV game that turned out to be a bit of a stinker was the Cincinnati game. They have some work to do. But all the other games were competitive and exciting. Excellent way to kick it off.

Top Bottom