• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MLS All-Stars V. Celtic

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
LOL.. Celtic got beat 2-0...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 24&cc=5901

the MLS All-Star team has now beaten Chivas, Fulham, Chelsea, Celtic...

although, to be fair to Celtic, it is pre-season for them... (and was for all the other teams mentioned above except Chivas)

still, not a bad result for a team that has never played together before....

this thread will be short lived, but i thought i would throw it out there anyway

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
Celtic are good team but they dont have anybody great and it can happen shocks is what football is all about including latest CHilean u-20 team getting beaten up by police

RC8

Established Member
I watched this game, and I don't know whether I found it hilarious or offensive.

Why? Because in 3 different occasions, and while the game was being played, they'd start interviewing a player from the bench, etc. This was while the game was being played. They would not show you what was happening on the pitch for about 20 seconds, and then they would make it a small box that would block a quarter of the screen. Funnily enough, everyone missed the build up to the first goal because of one of these interviews.

Whenever a player was substituted, a piece of info would appear, and said things such as "Johnson's father was born in New England, but moved to Colorado at the age of 11". I struggle to understand why is that important, so I found it quite funny as well.

But the moment that completely cracked me up was when, at half time, you suddenly hear "Arreee youuu reeaaady?" and band starts playing on a platform that was located at one of the stadium's corners. And the commentator says "This is a very good idea, as it makes this sport more appealing to the average American". Too funny.

On the bright side, some of the MLS players had a very good game, specially the 2 Colombians. Angel is a good player, specially for the MLS, and is exactly the type of players they need there in order to become a serious league in the near future. Guys like Beckham, Pele, etc are OK, but you need to build the basis and raise the level with players that will not draw all the attention because of who they are, so that clubs start to recognise good players when they see them.

I also heard some chants, and even though most of them were something like "Let's go Celtic, let's go!", it's an improvement.

I would not want to be a Celtic supporter, but the MLS all-star played very well, and, as you say, it was their first game together, so credit where credit is due.

ThaSaltCracka

RC8, those assanine interviews are the brainchild of ESPN. They did the same thing tonight with Beckhams first game. It is very annoying and coincidentally is not something they normally do.

I really don't care that it was pre-season for Celtic. When watching the the game, I was amazed at how much faster and quicker the MLS team was against Celtic. Nakamura would have helped, but I don't know how much of a difference he would have been.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
On the interview thing, it's "the American Way"....networks in the US seem to think that the average fan gives a rip where player x is from, or what his favorite food is, or how many times his dad drove him to practice.

I personally find it pointless, but I'm used to it.

ThaSaltCracka

I just hope that the reason for them doing that was because it was an All Star game and ESPN probably thought viewers may have been unfamiliar with the players. Hopfully they don't continue doing it on their Thursday showings.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom