• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Modern Day Invincibles

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Not sure where to post this but basically if you had unlimited funds and had to recreate the modern day version of the Invincibles - which players do you think would best be that or who would you have?

For instance, Pogba for Viera, Ronaldo for Henry, Ter Stegen for Lehmann, KDB or Özil for Bergkamp

I am intrigued to see which players people think would compare to what we used to have.

A little bit a of a fun thread and could create some nice discussion.

Cheers!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
VIDAL for Vieira!

Özil is as close to Dennis you can get

Mueller for Freddie, runs alot, solid technique but not flashy

Not that I rate them that much but carrick or dier could do gilberto type work

For Pires you Kinda have to say cronaldo , speed, flair

Cole jordi alba i guess

Ramos for Kolo, gifted guys very versatile but abit wild
Thiago silva for sol, strong leader, consistent

RB: someone boringly good

Mbappe for Henry or actually Aubameyang

RB

Goalie ? Who is both crazy good and good crazy?

asukru

Established Member

Pogba for Viera

That is just racists.

LOL

VIDAL for Vieira!

Özil is as close to Dennis you can get

Mueller for Freddie, runs alot, solid technique but not flashy

Not that I rate them that much but carrick or dier could do gilberto type work

For Pires you Kinda have to say cronaldo , speed, flair

Cole jordi alba i guess

Ramos for Kolo, gifted guys very versatile but abit wild
Thiago silva for sol, strong leader, consistent

RB: someone boringly good

Mbappe for Henry or actually Aubameyang

RB

Goalie ? Who is both crazy good and good crazy?

Mueller for Freddie is a good shout, I also think Vidal is a great Viera type. Thanks guys!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Its hard to recreate our invincibles because its end at Vieira. I doubt there will ever be a player like him any time soon.

Vidal has had a few runs where he has dominated as Paddy

And i would even give him the energy and offense nod

Paddy was stronger and better defensivly

Vidal has had a few runs where he has dominated as Paddy

And i would even give him the energy and offense nod

Paddy was stronger and better defensivly

There has been countless of good midfielders since Vieira. But Vieira was so unique player. I dont see anyone like him in modern game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Pedro at Barcelona would have been a good Freddie type to have in your team

Also controversial but I think Hazard would be the perfect scorer/creator out wide like Pires

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
.............Handanovic...............

Valencia Koulibaly Umtiti Marcelo

.............Fabinho Pogba.............

Griezmann DeBruyne Mkhitaryan (the Dortmund one)

..................Mbappe.................

IslingtonBornandbred

I think it's quite impossible trying to replicate exact teams because each player is different technically, physically and personality wise but maybe you can try and reproduce the playing style i.e if you like a right footer on the left.

Saying that, I'd go Marcelo for Cole, Mbappe for Henry, DeBruyne for Bergkamp. Pedro is a good shout for Freddie because he makes similar sort of runs in behind. You'd need two physically imposing centre backs for Toure/Campbell so something like Kompany and Varane. Right back/Lauren could be someone fairly solid like Sagna. For Vieira and Gilberto, again you'd need two big guys so Yaya Toure and Casemiro. And Pires...Hazard, Nasri, Draxler, Ribery. I'd go Hazard even though he's more of a dribbler than Pires.

5a872ba0c8f24.jpg

BBF

Lots of these suggested teams would stomp the Invincibles -- shows how much tougher the league has gotten, tbh.

I get what you mean, but if you rewatch any game in that season you'll remember how good that team was. Like the pace, the power, the technical ability etc etc was all unreal. Bit like watching 2016 Atletico on roids.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Lots of these suggested teams would stomp the Invincibles -- shows how much tougher the league has gotten, tbh.
Bollocks they'd be stomped. You don't just run through a team with Vieira, Gilberto and Campbell at it's core. There is no Sol Campbell in the league atm, or in Europe even.

Time alters people's memories quite a bit, I think. Except me, I have an extraordinary memory except for who I voted for on match day polls

asukru

Established Member

Ter Stegen
Aurier Varane Koulibally Alba
Muller Vidal Fabinho Hazard
De Bruyne
Aubameyang

Latest posts+

Top Bottom