• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Noted, but I'd rather see AMN get the starts as he has a higher ceiling.

Agree with this 100%. Think what annoys me most about Elneny is that he's getting precious minutes we could be using to develop AMN / Willock.

AMN is already the better player imo. If we want to compete with the top clubs we should be using our limited funds to buy first team quality, not squaddies / backups whose job could (and should) be done by our academy talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Agree with this 100%. Think what annoys me most about Elneny is that he's getting precious minutes we could be using to develop AMN / Willock.

AMN is already the better player imo. If we want to compete with the top clubs we should be using our limited funds to buy first team quality, not squaddies / backups whose job could (and should) be done by our academy talent.
I'll give Elneny his credit though - had some good showings this season that made me think that there's potentially another level there - although I'm not entirely convinced.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

@Furious on a roll :lol:

Even if y0u rate Elneny, giving the number 4 shirt to a squad player seems a bit odd. Rightly or wrongly, that shirt has so much resonance with Arsenal fans.

Well maybe someone sees him as more than that, because no 4 is a big deal. Cant lie was shocked when I heard it.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Tbh, shirt numbers haven't mattered for a long time at Arsenal. Look at Perez and Podolski, look at Wilshere, no way should they have had the numbers they did.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

We need legs with the Europa league campaign. Elneny is much better than Willock

TakeChillPill

Established Member
El neny is the perfect squadie, people say he offers nothing are just blind.

His short passing game is excellent, he can make forward passes between the lines and rarely gives the ball away despite bring under a lot of pressure and being pressed.

Also he has a terrific engine! Only thing that's a huge negative point against him is that he seriously lacks any athleticism and strength.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
El neny is the perfect squadie, people say he offers nothing are just blind.

His short passing game is excellent, he can make forward passes between the lines and rarely gives the ball away despite bring under a lot of pressure and being pressed.

Also he has a terrific engine! Only thing that's a huge negative point against him is that he seriously lacks any athleticism and strength.
If Emery is planning a pressing system, Elneny will be a big part of it as a squad player. His engine is terrific.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I'll be honest.

Getting Welbeck (No, he's not good enough even as a squad player), Mustafi and getting in better wingers, and a starting midfielder has to be greater priority than getting in a replacement squad player for Elneny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom