• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Imagine calling other people blind and then coming up with this drivel:

Terrible posting.
Which part of it is wrong? He has a good engine, his short passing is good, and he can deal with being pressed. His forward passing is woeful, I'll give you that, but on the rare occasion he does pass forward, it does come off.

I'd actually argue his biggest issue is confidence, he has zero confidence to attempt a risky pass, even though his passing is actually quite good.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Which part of it is wrong? He has a good engine, his short passing is good, and he can deal with being pressed. His forward passing is woeful, I'll give you that, but on the rare occasion he does pass forward, it does come off.

I'd actually argue his biggest issue is confidence, he has zero confidence to attempt a risky pass, even though his passing is actually quite good.

I think confidence is definitely the issue. He passes between the lines very comfortably. Just recalled that brilliant pass to welbeck in the Europa league against CSKA I believe. So he has it in him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think confidence is definitely the issue. He passes between the lines very comfortably. Just recalled that brilliant pass to welbeck in the Europa league against CSKA I believe. So he has it in him.
Either that or he has no vision to see a pass, and very rarely spots it.

I'd like to see him under Emery first before I make a complete judgement, but even now, he's okay enough to be a squad player, and we have so much worse in the squad.

I'd rather him than Xhaka any day of the week and twice on match days.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Either that or he has no vision to see a pass, and very rarely spots it.

I'd like to see him under Emery first before I make a complete judgement, but even now, he's okay enough to be a squad player, and we have so much worse in the squad.

I'd rather him than Xhaka any day of the week and twice on match days.

Completely, I hope emery manages to solve the xhaka conundrum and actually teach his to receive the ball under pressure.

:lol:

Poverty posting. How do you guys come up with this ****?

say yes

forum master baiter
Well maybe someone sees him as more than that, because no 4 is a big deal. Cant lie was shocked when I heard it.

I hope there's nothing in it like that tbh. Would be surprised if they involved Emery in shirt numbers before he was officially appointed.

Feels more like those shirts became available and Elneny (and Cech) requested them off Akers.

Vic's parting shot. Club should have waited until Emery registered his squad prior to the new season.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
AMN's performance vs United at OT was better than anything El Neny has conjured up in his time here at Arsenal. AMN is just about at El Neny's level and has significant room for improvement.
AMN always has a mistake in him. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, he definitely has talent, but he's not a safe option you can bring on, he loses concentration at vital moments.

Elneny is like Mikel, the Chelsea one. No real purpose except coming on when you have the lead and annoying the other team because he's a boring player and always pressing.

Like I said, we have so much **** in the team that getting better than Elneny as a squad player shouldn't be priority. Currently, Wilshere, Xhaka starting is the bigger crime than Elneny as a squad player.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I dont rate him, and hes not the only one, but part of me wants to see what a tactician can do with our players. The one that let them express themselves got let down badly by them.

FEH

Dont understand the negativity about him all of a sudden? I can remember games where even the naysayers had to sit up and admit he was having a good one. I just hope Emery can squeeze some more confidence out of him so he attempts the forward passes more because he has it in his locker. You can tell a mile off if you watch him closely.

Rather have Elneny at this club than Wilshere.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Dont understand the negativity about him all of a sudden? I can remember games where even the naysayers had to sit up and admit he was having a good one. I just hope Emery can squeeze some more confidence out of him so he attempts the forward passes more because he has it in his locker. You can tell a mile off if you watch him closely.

Rather have Elneny at this club than Wilshere.
and how could anyone reject someone who looks at you like this?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saw the match. He was busy and nice passing Though you feel that he just lacks that final gear in his game

Dealt with the Uruguayan midfield very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom