• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

Which part of it is wrong? He has a good engine, his short passing is good, and he can deal with being pressed. His forward passing is woeful, I'll give you that, but on the rare occasion he does pass forward, it does come off.

I'd actually argue his biggest issue is confidence, he has zero confidence to attempt a risky pass, even though his passing is actually quite good.
Its not lack of confidence. He lacks vision. The odd times he sees it he will do it but it wont ever be often. He is get the pass it type of player. Wanna kill off a winning game? Bring him on

Jae

He did alright, but I don't think anyone on that pitch covered themselves in glory in all honesty, it was a terrible, terrible game, it was a wonder that somebody actually scored.

elemoo

Well now we'll have Torreira, so him...

Exactly... one person in the entire squad and that’s without rotating for cup games or barring any injuries and he is still our 2nd best option... it’s one thing not liking a player but it’s another making juvenile comments knowing that he offers more than pretty much any other player for that spot.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
really? who would you say is better than him at DM at Arsenal, for him to be barely a squad player in your opinion? i honestly can't think of many.

I love Arsenal. I want us to succeed. He’s ****e in my personal opinion. If you go back in this thread people were having a party because he made a 5 yard pass in a straight line FFS. Says it all. There’s quite a few others in our squad who I feel the same about as well, nothing personal to Elneny. Sometimes he looks like he can barely control a ball.

If you say we don’t have anyone else in his position that is a completely separate discussion and it doesn’t magically make him a good player who should be a regular starter for our beloved club. What you are actually describing is bad planning. He’s fine as a squad player.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Completely and utterly underwhelmed by this player. I can just about accept him as squad utility man you bring on in the last 10 mins, at best.

He is great to have in those routine Europa League and cup games. Or maybe in some PL games as well in which we desperately need to rest players. The season is long, especially if we are to do well in multiple competitions, and Elneny is great to have in the squad. Exactly the same applies to Welbeck, in my opinion. Decent players who also up their game when the rest of the team are unmotivated.

elemoo

I love Arsenal. I want us to succeed. He’s ****e in my personal opinion. If you go back in this thread people were having a party because he made a 5 yard pass in a straight line FFS. Says it all. There’s quite a few others in our squad who I feel the same about as well, nothing personal to Elneny. Sometimes he looks like he can barely control a ball.

If you say we don’t have anyone else in his position that is a completely separate discussion and it doesn’t magically make him a good player who should be a regular starter for our beloved club. What you are actually describing is bad planning. He’s fine as a squad player.

i wasn't debating how good he was though was i? my point was why bother bashing a player who is pretty much our best option for the DM position when the league hasn't even started and he was clearly on the up prior to injury and obviously he could improve with new management.... that is what i find bizarre and makes little to no sense.... i cannot understand how that makes him 'barely' a squad player if there isn't even anyone else to fill the spot for all league and cup games

EDIT: just out of curiosity... who do you think should replace him as a squad member (considering you barely think he's up for that bar a 10min cameo)

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
i wasn't debating how good he was though was i? my point was why bother bashing a player who is pretty much our best option for the DM position when the league hasn't even started and he was clearly on the up prior to injury and obviously he could improve with new management.... that is what i find bizarre and makes little to no sense.... i cannot understand how that makes him 'barely' a squad player if there isn't even anyone else to fill the spot for all league and cup games

EDIT: just out of curiosity... who do you think should replace him as a squad member (considering you barely think he's up for that bar a 10min cameo)
You won't get an educated response or even one that's well thought out. El Nenny is not a household name nor do any of our rivals envy us for having him - that informs how most fans view him.

Ignoring the fact that unlike any of our midfielders, he has very little weaknesses. One could argue that he is not a spectacular player in that he doesn't have the greatest passing range or dribbling technique, yet he is comfortably one of our most reliable players in general in terms of possession play and defensive discipline.

Add to that his utility and you have a very good player on your hands.

TheArsenalis

You won't get an educated response or even one that's well thought out. El Nenny is not a household name nor do any of our rivals envy us for having him - that informs how most fans view him.

Ignoring the fact that unlike any of our midfielders, he has very little weaknesses. One could argue that he is not a spectacular player in that he doesn't have the greatest passing range or dribbling technique, yet he is comfortably one of our most reliable players in general in terms of possession play and defensive discipline.

Add to that his utility and you have a very good player on your hands.
To quote lilwayne. "Most of yall wont get the picture, less the flash is on"

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Wonder if the Egypt manager will rotate his team for the last game considering they've nothing left to play for. Nenny and Salah both had injuries towards the end of the season and I don't see the point in risking them for a meaningless game.

say yes

forum master baiter
Performance against Saudi Arabia is getting rave reviews..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-saudi-arabia-egypt-mohamed-elneny-arsenal-scouting-report-a8416331.html

Already eliminated after defeats to Uruguay and Russia, Egypt had nothing more than pride to play for in Volgograd, but they displayed very little of it. The lacklustre performance reflected particularly badly on their other Premier League stars – most notably West Brom defender Ahmed Hegazi and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny, who was startlingly ineffective in midfield.

Elneny wasn’t much of a factor in Egypt’s possession play, with Tarek Hamed instead controlling the tempo and direction of passes. More worrying, though, was the inability to shield his defence and sniff out danger that made sustained Saudi pressure possible, resulting in two first-half penalties and a cascade of chances.

Countless times he allowed Saudi midfielders to pass around him and advance the ball into Egypt’s penalty area unimpeded, most notably in the build-up to Fahad Al Muwallad winning an admittedly very soft spot kick from Ali Gabr, Despite covering a lot of ground from one box to another, he invariably ended up where the danger was not.

Elneny’s one opportunity to make a positive contribution arrived in the 71st minute, when Salah’s intelligent dummy allowed the ball to run through to him on the edge of the Saudi penalty area. His wayward shot underlined why he has only five goals to show from 65 international caps.

Can’t believe some people think this joke footballer deserved a new contract :lol:

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Performance against Saudi Arabia is getting rave reviews..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-saudi-arabia-egypt-mohamed-elneny-arsenal-scouting-report-a8416331.html

Can’t believe some people think this joke footballer deserved a new contract :lol:

I think this article is written by Xhaka. Joking aside he is a squadie and secondly he was out for a month and then throw straight in the starting 11. He's been average, a none entity all tournament.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When he arrived at Arsenal in a £5 million deal from Basel in January 2016, Arsène Wenger claimed that Elneny could do for the Gunners what legendary Bordeaux midfielder Jean Tigana did alongside Michel Platini for France in the 1980s, dominating games defensively from the base of midfield with mobility and technique rather than power.

I'm so glad he's gone :lol:

Song Billong

Bin him. At the best he's the emergency backup last resort squad option.

Granted he seems like a quality bloke and all, but sentiment won't put the points on the board.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Willock can basically do what Elneny does. I just see him as a dollar sign to increase the transfer kitty and free up wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom