• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to keep him around, just so he can persuade the next Egyptian talent to come to AFC.

Not a bad player anyway.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Willock can basically do what Elneny does. I just see him as a dollar sign to increase the transfer kitty and free up wages.
Willock? Really? Willock?

If he wasn't an AFC youth player, he wouldn't be near a top club. Niles is class, but Willock seriously?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just really not a fan tbh.
He's a good basic player. Nothing more. He is a player who has very little influence on games, so he doesn't negatively impact games that often but he keeps things moving along a bit with his energy and OK passing. That's it really.

I can't say I'm a fan either. I mean, I don't hate him, and I don't scoff when I see his name on the teamsheet but I do get a little exasperated when there are other, younger players with more tools to their game - they might not be as steady or experienced, but they have an upside. Elneny doesn't. No downside, but no upside. He's just........Elneny.

If he wasn't an AFC youth player, he wouldn't be near a top club. Niles is class, but Willock seriously?

Willock played alongside Elneny vs Forest when we lost and put Elneny to shame, even when he struggled. Willock is a highly inexperienced 18 year old player. He hadn't even played U23 football before the season just gone. That he was able to even look remotely like he belonged in ANY game last season is a testament to his promise and ability. He's not our biggest prospect by any means, but he's not just some chump who lucked into the team. He's actually a decent all-round CM - can win tackles, pass and dribble to a competent standard and for someone so lacking in experience, makes decent decisions for his level.

Don't sleep on Joe Willock.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

You're clearly not aware of the talent coming through out youth system right now.

Willock played alongside Elneny vs Forest when we lost and put Elneny to shame, even when he struggled. Willock is a highly inexperienced 18 year old player. He hadn't even played U23 football before the season just gone. That he was able to even look remotely like he belonged in ANY game last season is a testament to his promise and ability. He's not our biggest prospect by any means, but he's not just some chump who lucked into the team. He's actually a decent all-round CM - can win tackles, pass and dribble to a competent standard and for someone so lacking in experience, makes decent decisions for his level.

Don't sleep on Joe Willock.

Willock is the real deal along with AMN, Nelson, and Nketiah.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
With the Signing of Torreria and Matteo would be happy to see the back of both him and Xhaka.

We could probably get £10m-£15m for Elneny and probably around £20m for Xhaka. Which is breaking even, which is perfect considering the circumstances.

FEH

Genuinely think Elneny - Torreira would be better than Xhaka - Torreira or Guendouzi - Torreira.

If all we are asking for Xhaka to do is play some decent passes, position himself to assist defensively and not lose the ball costing goals then Elneny is a better option. Elneny wont pick up yellows as too lazy to track a run (has an engine comparable to Ramsey) and has underrated passing ability.

Emery is missing a trick if the general consensus is Guendouzi is maybe not ready to partner Torreira yet.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gallas was **** too. Always out of his position trying to score the important goals, costing us more at the end.
I don't really remember him, but Gallas was one of the best CBs around.

The only criticism I ever heard about Gallas was his mentality and attitude.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Genuinely think Elneny - Torreira would be better than Xhaka - Torreira or Guendouzi - Torreira.

If all we are asking for Xhaka to do is play some decent passes, position himself to assist defensively and not lose the ball costing goals then Elneny is a better option. Elneny wont pick up yellows as too lazy to track a run (has an engine comparable to Ramsey) and has underrated passing ability.

Emery is missing a trick if the general consensus is Guendouzi is maybe not ready to partner Torreira yet.

He won’t pick up yellows because he can’t and won’t tackle anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom