<

Mohamed Elneny: No Money? Moh Problem!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, Aug 1, 2020.

Tags:
?

Who's better right now?

1. Elneny

70.1%
  2. Guendouzi

29.9%
  1. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

After his last performances, I'd like to keep him.
    Sell Torreira and Guendouzi. Keep Elneny and Wilock for squad depth.

Pop Tart likes this.
  2. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Macho and GoonerJay24 like this.
  3. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Bad summer just got worse.

4. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Sounds like the promo for a Rob Schneider movie.

5. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

I can live with Elneny behind Xhaka, Ceballos, hopefully another midfielder (Partey) and Willock in the pecking order.

Dependable. Professional. Solid if unspectacular. As a fifth choice, he's fine especially if it allows us to move on Torreira/Guendouzi for £20m+ each.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  6. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. He was his usual dependable self. Our defenders and goal keep trust him with the ball because they know he will safely do something safe with. He gets criticized a lot because our players who really should be creating chances are not doing that well at the moment.

Oxeki and Fallout like this.
  7. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Type of player every team needs tbh. Adds experienced depth, does the job whenever asked and doesn't make a fuss.

Oxeki likes this.
  8. Raicore

Raicore Active Member

Early days but when The El plays..no goals conceded yet :bounce:..long may it continue

RacingPhoton and Macho like this.
  9. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Questionable opposition and circumstances so far (championship promoted Fulham/Liverpool cobwebs/Leicester second string), but I’m willing to bet it’s not a coincidence.

Arteta being a former midfielder, I suspect it’s a case of real recognises real.

Oxeki and RacingPhoton like this.
  10. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Rob Schneider is... a bad summer!

roz likes this.
  11. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

The midfield maestro, the Elneny of the ball, keeping it safe...making sure the engine room keeps ticking over... the metronome always offering an outlet for a pass, the antidote for the headless chicken midfield madness of Arsenal

12. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

It's true he does seem reluctant to pass the ball forward. But I noticed last night that sometimes when he's faced with several opposition players he's able to pass the ball to another midfielder who's in a very open space and is able start an attack. That happened quite a few times against Leicester. Also, he doesn't give the ball away, which has been a major problem for us in recent years. I like him being in the squad.

boonthegoon likes this.
  13. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

14. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

I give this thread 4 weeks before the usual 'backwards passing merchant' & 'offers nothing' posts make their comebacks

Beksl and kash2 like this.
  15. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

100%, they’re lurking in the corners now but you bet they will step out the shadows first chance they get.

thierrytheking14 and kash2 like this.
  16. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I never thought I’d say this but Elneny - Xhaka would be my preferred pairing for Anfield. Ideally we’d go with a 3 and add Ceballos but I know Arteta will go with a back 5.

Hopefully Tierney and Luiz will be fit to play.

kash2 likes this.
  17. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’m not quite sure what will happen. Gabriel has shown he’s a starter now but David Luiz is usually the middle CB in a 3. Tierney is key for his playstyle as the hybrid left CB/LB dont know what happens if all are fit.

18. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

We should keep him. He rarely gets injured. You can always bring him on and he'll do a job. He's professional and dependable and rarely makes mistakes if ever. I get why a lot of fans aren't enamoured with him because he's unspectacular. But he's a safe pair of hands.

That being said, I don't think we should be starting him against midtable and bottom table clubs at home and games where the onus is on us to create chances.

19. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Elneny is like a plain chicken breast. Put some seasoning and herbs on that thing then throw it on a hot grill and we’re good to go. Without it’s just a waste of everyone’s thyme.

Pyres7 likes this.
  20. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

We are trying to clear up the non HG slot's. If we are not able to move Torreira or Sokaritis, Elneny could end up as the casualty.