• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Mate, we laid off 50 employees during the pandemic. Some of who were probably living pay cheque to pay cheque. We're not a classy club.

Mo's a good lad so if a situation like this arises I'm glad he's the one who's getting the benefit of it but it's largely PR. The club will look after a guy like Mo's who's probably made £10m in wages here and is set for life financially already, they wouldn't do it for the largely nameless normal employees though.
Was just about to post this. Seeing it on Twitter how classy we are in extending him and pure raging about the 55 people we binned during covid. Obviously I'm not getting into a debate on Twitter as I'm not losing any brain cells arguing with that lot. But I totally agree with your post.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Have we enough information about the laid off employees? If they had no work for example here anymore due to no fans in the stadium, it wouldn't make much sense to keep them. We don't even know if the rest of the money was paid out until the end of their contract.

Think we all know here how media works and how you get the most clicks. Would be more interesting if there would be interviews with the fired people and how they think about this. But of course just the headline "50 laid off employees during a pandemic" sounds bad for a club with so much money.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think this is a rational take on it. The club wouldn't have done this if he was on 200k a week, but at his wage this is feasible. On the whole, this is more an investment in reputation. "At Arsenal we take care of our players" etc etc

Could've done the same without giving him a new deal. Think we took that route with Diaby, if I'm not mistaken.

Pay for his treatment, help him get relocated, etc.

With Cazorla at least there was a chance he'd play for you again and the guy was better than Elneny with a broken back and one leg missing.

As @Blood on the Tracks this is the guy who refused to move a couple of times when he was out of favor with the club. Mind you, that's totally fine, he has a contract afterall, but yeah, not falling for this "loyalty" thing.

He's loyal to himself, as he should be.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Have we enough information about the laid off employees? If they had no work for example here anymore due to no fans in the stadium, it wouldn't make much sense to keep them. We don't even know if the rest of the money was paid out until the end of their contract.

Think we all know here how media works and how you get the most clicks. Would be more interesting if there would be interviews with the fired people and how they think about this. But of course just the headline "50 laid off employees during a pandemic" sounds bad for a club with so much money.

They weren't all gunnersaurus. Club's owner has enough money to pay out of pocket and he wouldn't even feel a dent on his bank account, even if not in full or just as a temporary thing, before actually cutting jobs.

Enough to at least make a gesture that we actually take care of our own and not just millionaire footballers.

Yes, Arsenal is a business, but if he club and Elneny are playing the loyalty card, well...

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Could've done the same without giving him a new deal. Think we took that route with Diaby, if I'm not mistaken.

Pay for his treatment, help him get relocated, etc.

With Cazorla at least there was a chance he'd play for you again and the guy was better than Elneny with a broken back and one leg missing.

As @Blood on the Tracks this is the guy who refused to move a couple of times when he was out of favor with the club. Mind you, that's totally fine, he has a contract afterall, but yeah, not falling for this "loyalty" thing.

He's loyal to himself, as he should be.

If Barca or Bayern come in for you and you refuse, to stay at Arsenal, that's loyalty.

Not going to Fener or whoever when they're a worse club and will pay you less isn't loyalty. It's just acting in your self interest as you point out.

You know, it's easy for me to be loyal to my girlfriend when Eva Green isn't swooping in for me. Same situation :lol:

I'm sure he's a sound guy and a model pro but his loyalty gets way overblown. The reality based on his talent level is the only way is down for him in terms of his next club. He knows that. No wonder he has hung on to Arsenal like a limpet.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Elneny winning the Prem with us this year and the Champions League next, blimey!

Bloodbather

Established Member

As long as he's not actually a part of the rotation and is more of a squaddie that only plays when there are injuries to the main guys, I'm fine with keeping him. Otherwise, no. We made a total blunder by relying on him and Lokonga as Partey's backups earlier in the season and got away with it for the most part.

Bergkamp120

Certainly much much better than Lokongo as the third player up after Partey and Jorginho. And he took less wages and he's a great team presence. Happy with this.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If he's here to soak up minutes in the useless Carabao Cup or if some gimp squad is in our CL group then I'm happy to see him play. With strong links to Rice and deciding what to do with Patino, it's difficult to see how he plays at all, tbh.

He was doing his coaching badges so keeping him around is a nice gesture all around. I never had a problem with him unless he was starting 20+ games for us then I got angry. :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If he's here to soak up minutes in the useless Carabao Cup or if some gimp squad is in our CL group then I'm happy to see him play.
Nah, that's the worst thing we could do. Should be game time for academy players, not this guy

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Elneny an Arsenal legend?

Longest serving player in this squad, last Arsenal player to score at the Camp Nou.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A passable extension, might allow us to sell him for a small fee? At the worst he'll be a reliable 4/5th choice. Doubt it stops incomings and allows Patino to get another loan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom