• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's a nice gesture by the club and I assume he won't be fit at the start of next season. Get him fit and give him a free transfer in January. He can have cup minutes as long as he doesn't impact on the squad.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Nice gesture, but give him as few minutes as possible. Minutes are a chance to develop players. If necessary I wouldnt even sign him to the squad.

Tom Mix

If it's true he takes a wage cut since he was one of the lower earners it doesn't affect bottom line and you have an extra body who is reasonably dependable as cover under certain circumstances. We'll have plenty of games next season and will need to hook our first choices off early frequently id games are won early.

TinFish

Can see Jorginho getting the yearly contract extension with us … which means we will only sign one midfielder this summer (Partey rival).

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Academy players should go on loan, rather than get minor minutes. They need to develop with enough minutes at certain point.
I guess it depends, they do get some of the best coaching at this club, and grinding in League 1 (or somewhere else) is more for guys like Patino and Balogun who have done enough of u23.

Skelly, Nwaneri, and Duberry are the guys who are not ready for the loan but they could use minutes to experience some top level football. In the end, it is how Saka found his way to the first team and quickly became a key player

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Honestly, I think Mo will be here as long as he's got a contract at Arsenal.

He's had plenty of opportunities to leave over the years. I don't think game time really bothers him tbh. He'd prefer to play 15 games a season at Arsenal than be a week in week out starter in Turkey or wherever.
Lets hope he is not playing 15 games next yr with Jorginho and hopefully at least another midfield in coming.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I saw a tweet from this guy in the ucl thread and it didn’t even register with me at the time that he’s still at the club, I was thinking he left years ago tbh. I had to double check the Arsenal site when I realised and I noticed a bunch of players that I’d not thought of still hanging around the club

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Guy is a like a leach. Gets injured just before or during the transfer windows usually.

Absolute zero worth to the squad, saw his vlog in the plane before the US Tour, majority players weren't interested in what he was saying.
You’ve probably made @UpTheGunnerz cry as he has some weird infatuation with Elneny but yeah, spot on.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
You’ve probably made @UpTheGunnerz cry as he has some weird infatuation with Elneny but yeah, spot on.

I used to like Elneny too but at this point this guy is basically blocking Patino or some other young player's path to the first team and all while contributing absolute feck all while on being on huge wages.

Guy is at the club for the good vibes. We as a club should be more ruthless. We could have offered him Arsenal training center services till he got his fitness back rather than handing him a year's contract.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Elneny is not blocking anybody he’s harmless and more of a player coach these days actually.

Just continue to forget he’s there and you’ll be fine.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Elneny is not blocking anybody he’s harmless and more of a player coach these days actually.

Just continue to forget he’s there and you’ll be fine.
Lovely bloke but he shouldn’t be here in 2023.

Top Bottom