• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
@UpTheGunnerz

JO4GWW.gif

Elneny is eternal

MATHEO

Santi Cazorla on his long-term achilles injury: “Just one week before the first surgery, he [Wenger] called me, ‘You have to sign the contract, one year more to be focused on your recovery’. I’ll never forget that. For me, a very special moment, it was not about football.” [Mail]

‘I urge our fans to stand behind the team. To all the Arsenal lovers: take care of the values of the club’ - Arsène Wenger, 2018.

Classy gesture by the club for a player who did well whenever called upon, great character and a loyal servant. Call me naïve but I'm a football romantic and such gestures are why we are looked at as a classy club. It is an incentive for players knowing that the club will look after them.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He’s popular. Never underestimate the effect of keeping popular players in the dressing room. If El Neny leaves Xhaka will lose one of his closest friends at the club, for example. And he’s not a bad back up.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Classy gesture by the club for a player who did well whenever called upon, great character and a loyal servant. Call me naïve but I'm a football romantic and such gestures are why we are looked at as a classy club. It is an incentive for players knowing that the club will look after them.
The Cazorla thing crossed my mind immediately. Glad someone pointed that out.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It was but Cazorla's impact on the club versus Elneny is in another stratosphere and largely resulted in that gesture. We can't just go around being a charity because we're a classy club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ffs. Why ??? We shouldn't be doing **** like this anymore.

Blocks talent like Patino
Is not the quality we need
Could use wages towards another player

Arteta basically said they didn't want to bin him while he's in the middle of rehabilitation and referenced how he's been such a hard-working humble player who's been committed as you can get for 7 years and this was the clubs way of repaying him. Normally I can understand the call for ruthlessness but tbh in this instance I think it's a bit of class being shown by the club. I don't think they'd do this just for anyone. I don't think he'll making too many more significant contributions to the club from a playing standpoint. I don't think it'll impact signings at all.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Arteta basically said they didn't want to bin him while he's in the middle of rehabilitation and referenced how he's been such a hard-working humble player who's been committed as you can get for 7 years and this was the clubs way of repaying him. Normally I can understand the call for ruthlessness but tbh in this instance I think it's a bit of class being shown by the club. I don't think they'd do this just for anyone. I don't think he'll making too many more significant contributions to the club from a playing standpoint. I don't think it'll impact signings at all.
So its sentiment. Ffs. None of the top top top managers like Fergie, Pep or Mourinho would do this. I get that it's a classy gesture, but its stuff like this that holds us back. Plus it would be better for Mo if he was playing. What chance will he have when we buy a further MF player in the summer ?

DuBB

So its sentiment. Ffs. None of the top top top managers like Fergie, Pep or Mourinho would do this. I get that it's a classy gesture, but its stuff like this that holds us back. Plus it would be better for Mo if he was playing. What chance will he have when we buy a further MF player in the summer ?

I don't think us extending him means he'll be staying for the entirety of that extra year. He'll probably still be sold or even moved on for free, but we're not just going to let him have a season ending operation, pat him on the back and watch him leave on crutches in July.

What is Elneny on, like 50k a week reportedly? That's only like 15k more than Folarin Balogun. I don't think a gesture like that "holds us back" at all.

As a fanbase we often look down on other clubs and swan around like we're a "classy club" - well it's difficult to have that air of class without actually doing classy, civil and honourable things, is it?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Elneny is the Holding of our midfield, he loves the club and doesn't create a fuss when he's not in the team. Excellent to keep a few of them on the books.

Also, we're a classy club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom