• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

say yes

forum master baiter
We took a gamble on a cheap player and he's not good enough.

Nothing wrong with that. You don't get a Koscielny without burning through a through Gabriels.

Key thing is cutting your losses once you realise they're nothing special to make room for some proper talent in our squad. Great news if we're looking to sell already.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully there's some truth to this, the Leicester manager never denied they made a bid the other day too. Can take that stat DNA bollocks with him as well.

What's it got us? Elneny, Gabriel and Lucas. **** me, our worst investment since the Emirates.

Preacher

Always Crying
Because we have nobody else who can play there for the opening two games and need someone to fill in?

Wenger was finding the best person for that job.
True, but he has played zero minutes as midfielder, even when Wenger had unlimited subs. It showed to me, that Wenger doesn't rate him very much. We didn't have that many options in CM also.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
True, but he has play zero minutes as midfielder, even when Wenger had unlimited subs. It showed to me, that Wenger doesn't rate him very much. We didn't have that many options in CM also.

Very good point, didn't get used in CM at all might mean he's off then, Wenger deep down not rating him.

I do feel if Coquelin wasn't homegrown he'd be out the door.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I absolutely love this guy but I am not convinced he is to become a starter here anytime. And its not like he lacks a lot to do that on a technique level, its just his Egyptian/eastern football education that is not on the same wavelength as European/South American. Dont know how to clearly express my thoughts on that but gew days ago I did a lot of thinking about him and all that.
Would love to have him around, but with our youth team so talented and in need to get more first team football; getting rid of him makes lots of sense

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

To sell or not to sell

Pros:
-quick buck
-open squad spot
-potential replacement better

Cons:
-not enough money to make a difference
-happy to be here
-not expensive
-stays fit

Conclusion:
Sell if there is a better squad option available. Otherwise I would prefer we have a guy who doesn't disrupt the squad when benched and is available when needed. Those 2-3 weeks where everybody is fit, he'll have to watch from home. EL, League cup, early stages FA cup. Games enough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he is going it'll be because

He wants to leave to play.

We are having trouble shifting our deadwood and there is interest in Elneny and we are happy to let him go.

Wenger has went **** it clear whoever we can and let's go big.

I'm hoping it's the last option. Let's accept offers on any and all of the squad players cut them down and bring in top talent.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If he is going it'll be because

He wants to leave to play.

We are having trouble shifting our deadwood and there is interest in Elneny and we are happy to let him go.

Wenger has went **** it clear whoever we can and let's go big.

I'm hoping it's the last option. Let's accept offers on any and all of the squad players cut them down and bring in top talent.

If I were the manager I'd say **** loyalty and do exactly this, but we know what Arsène's like.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If I were the manager I'd say **** loyalty and do exactly this, but we know what Arséne's like.
I don't think loyalty comes into it. The club simply states we have received an offer we are happy to accept it if you wish to consider it yourself speak to the other club. If after you spoke to them you're not happy then we will still honour our agreement with you.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm not really anxious to see Elneny go. If he can do a decent job as an emergency center back to go along with being a backup in midfield, his versatility will be a plus. Every club needs a few squad players who are on low wages and are willing to work hard and wait for their opportunity. Everybody seems to like him and he fits in well. There are quite a few guys I'd rather force out than him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't think loyalty comes into it. The club simply states we have received an offer we are happy to accept it if you wish to consider it yourself speak to the other club. If after you spoke to them you're not happy then we will still honour our agreement with you.

I guess, but also we could push players out the door if they aren't good enough. We have a huge squad of 31 players I'd say 19 of them are good enough to be part of a title winning squad.

Cech
Ospina
Martinez
Bellerin
Ox
Koscielny
Mustafi
Holding
Mertesacker
Monreal
Kolasinac
Xhaka
Ramsey
Cazorla
Özil
Alexis
Lacazette
Giroud
Welbeck

I mean it's quite a large amount but the utter dross that surrounds them stops us from going up a level. With that lot there we have 6 homegrown players, meaning we could add 4 more foreign players to it.

Van Dijk
Lemar
Goretzka
One other

And suddenly you've got a squad of 23 players all fighting tooth and nail to get a first team spot, fantastic backup in every position, players that can play multiple positions if needed and also the squad isn't too large for us to not think about using Iwobi, Nelson, willock and the other youngsters.

So frustrating having players like Walcott at the club.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
yes - contracts work both ways

blaze_of_glory

I think he's very useful and really under rated by lots of people on here. Can't ever remember him putting a foot wrong for us as a CM.

But if he does go then that really suggests we will bring in another CM, so that could work out well.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I think he's very useful and really under rated by lots of people on here. Can't ever remember him putting a foot wrong for us as a CM.

But if he does go then that really suggests we will bring in another CM, so that could work out well.

The problem is that he's just super meh. He has no standout qualities at all. What exactly is he good at? He's tidy enough on the ball, but it goes way beyond of sideways and safe passing. He's not strong, and can't tackle to save his life.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The problem is that he's just super meh. He has no standout qualities at all. What exactly is he good at? He's tidy enough on the ball, but it goes way beyond of sideways and safe passing. He's not strong, and can't tackle to save his life.

You need players like that in a squad, like Welbeck, he's the Welbeck of our midfield.

Top Bottom