Mohamed Elneny (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by al-Ustaadh, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

**** off:lol:

Furious likes this.
  2. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

Even though it's a loan, at least he'll be playing and maybe he'll show he's worth a permanent transfer next summer.

krackpot likes this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Shame the amount of hate Mo gets. I don't think he is good enough for us but we did essentially get exactly what we paid for..

4. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's always hate, a bit strong word, but understand what you mean.

At the time we extended we didn't even have Torreira yet. Such an extension can help in not seeming totally desperate towards teams you'd like to buy a player from. And of course having some backup who is okay sitting in bench.

Don't think we can get all the 12,5 million euros back, but it's not nearly a Mustafi situation I think.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    American_Gooner likes this.
  5. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

The mad fooker actually came to Besiktas.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Good to get rid of him.

Not sure if we get any loan fee or Beskitas can afford his wages.

But guess there is still two windows more that we need to see Miki, Özil, Mustafi and Elneny holding as fast as they can until their contracts are up.

8. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

He represents “not going for it” when the league absolutely there for the taking, he’s limited as ****, and then the management at the time compounded it by giving this clown an extension for no ****ing reason.

Get this guy out of here. Just thinking about it again winds me up.

Jury likes this.
  9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It's not even as if he cost us goals either--he was just mediocre when he was there. The most annoying thing was him being signed and then played. None of it was his fault.

10. Taurus

Taurus Well-Known Member

My dad said Besiktas are only paying a small percentage of his wages (He's a Besiktas supporter)

James Bond likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

Wish him luck hopefully he preform well so we can sell him next summer.

Jury, krengon, ItWasMeBarry and 10 others like this.
  12. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Active Member

I don't blame us for buying him because it was a punt that might have come good but not selling him, when we knew he was never a top player, to Leicester is criminal. At least with modern mediocre players like Gabriel, we moved them on when we knew they weren't good enough but didn't keep them for so long that they lost value.

13. Camron

Camron Established Member

He's not a bad player. Just lacks the quality and any standout ability to play for Arsenal.

Tidy, reliable and hard working. Not injury or mistake prone and a positive character.

With a decent season under his belt he should attract interest next summer.

krackpot, Mo Britain and Jae like this.
  14. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

15. yousif_arsenal

16. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

18m for Elneny :D:D

Their record transfer was Rodrigo Tabata for 8m, they will have no interest to buy him.

Would have prefered a loan to a Top 5 league, he would be a starter for many of them, but probably these clubs can't pay his wage.

No his performances don't matter there, because it's a sh't league.

17. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

We'd be paying them the 18 million, i think. That's the only explanation.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Set the option at €18m and make them think they’ve got a bargain when they offer half of that. Raul’s done it again.

James Bond and al-Ustaadh like this.
  19. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Good luck to him! Always tries his best but just a level below what we need! Unfortunately that statement applies to a few of our first team players.

20. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

18M for **** sake that’s like 10 too much. He needs to be their Xabi Alonso for them to consider that. See you next summer Mo.