• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Never forget that we signed him in the January after we failed to bring in a single outfield player.

Premier League champions that year? Leicester. That’s how I’ll remember him.
arthur.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah ramsey and cazorla both got injured and Giroud went on a barren spell. But let's blame the stop gap 5 million signing from the swiss league.:facepalm:
We were injury ravaged that year, including the demise of one of our most talentled midfielders ever. But the narrative that we were the only top club not to have problems spread like the plague. 'We finished 2nd to Leicester ffs', became the rallying cry to the start the campaign to paralyse the team and Wenger . :lol:

Brett

We were injury ravaged that year, including the demise of one of our most talentled midfielders ever. But the narrative that we were the only top club not to have problems spread like the plague. 'We finished 2nd to Leicester ffs', became the rallying cry to the start the campaign to paralyse the team and Wenger . :lol:

Yes we were not even going to finish second IIRC Sp**s messed up on the last day of the campaign against Newcastle. And anyways we finished 10 points behind leceister so we were not close. Everyone seems to act as if we lost due to 1 or 2 points and GD.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Yes we were not even going to finish second IIRC Sp**s messed up on the last day of the campaign against Newcastle. And anyways we finished 10 points behind leceister so we were not close. Everyone seems to act as if we lost due to 1 or 2 points and GD.
we beat Leicester home and away - some blame at least must fall on other teams' capitulation

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We really never could maintain any momentum that season to catch Leicester. Still think if we would have bought well that previous summer that would have been the year to finally win the PL again.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We really never could maintain any momentum that season to catch Leicester. Still think if we would have bought well that previous summer that would have been the year to finally win the PL again.
That's another narrative. We already had decent players.
The midfield we had Wilshere, Arteta, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Iwobi coming through, Flamini as back up. A pretty strong lineup. Better than now even.

Up front we had Sanchez, Walcott, Giroud, Welbeck, Ox, Campbell and Gnabry.

How many players should we have had in our books?That's a half decent squad for the money spent.

The fact that Wilshere had a set back on his road to recovery and never appeared and then in November, Coquelin, Cazorla and Arteta had major injuries that took them out for months was supposed to have been known in advance . . . boll*cks.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
The midfield we had Wilshere, Arteta, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Iwobi coming through, Flamini as back up. A pretty strong lineup. Better than now even.

How many players should we have had in our books?That's a half decent squad for the money spent.

The fact that Wilshere had a set back on his road to recovery and never appeared and then in November, Coquelin, Cazorla and Arteta had major injuries that took them out for months was supposed to have been known in advance . . . boll*cks.
Not really.

And Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey were pretty evidently already unreliable fitness wise or on their last legs. Flamini doesn't count. Coquelin was ordinary and the only holding midfielder of some resemblance of competence. Walcott was average as were Welbeck and Ox who were all unreliable fitness wise again. Campbell and Gnarby don't count. I don't think Gnarby was even there. You don't even need to be a fan to know it was evident we were heading for **** and it wasn't the first time under Wenger. Everything fell apart like clockwork like we've witnessed many times, Most saw it coming.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I do agree that counter factual speculations aren’t the most useful. We did not win the league that year and even if we would have strengthened in the summer that might not have made a difference. Still, it was the best chance we had during that period. I think we will struggle to challenge going forward unless Arteta is a real magician.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not really.

And Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey were pretty evidently already unreliable fitness wise or on their last legs. Flamini doesn't count. Coquelin was ordinary and the only holding midfielder of some resemblance of competence. Walcott was average as were Welbeck and Ox who were all unreliable fitness wise again. Campbell and Gnarby don't count. I don't think Gnarby was even there. You don't even need to be a fan to know it was evident we were heading for **** and it wasn't the first time under Wenger. Everything fell apart like clockwork like we've witnessed many times, Most saw it coming.
That's the life of a manager who doesn't have the luxury of oil money. Some of your players will be average.

tcahill

Unpopular opinion, but I like the intent behind the Elneny signing. Player from a lower league who showed some good qualities, that we were able to sign for very cheap. What we did wrong is failing to sell him as soon it was clear that he wasn't good enough. Can't believe he's been an Arsenal player for over 4 years.

We need to do more of these deals. I wanted us to gamble on Soyuncu and Nkunku.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Unpopular opinion, but I like the intent behind the Elneny signing. Player from a lower league who showed some good qualities, that we were able to sign for very cheap. What we did wrong is failing to sell him as soon it was clear that he wasn't good enough. Can't believe he's been an Arsenal player for over 4 years.

We need to do more of these deals. I wanted us to gamble on Soyuncu and Nkunku.
I agree. This was a low-risk, emergency signing to add a body to a thin midfield in the middle of our 2015/16 title-chasing season. Ideally we would have signed someone in the summer, but ignoring that we had already dug our grave so Elneny made some sense.

We should have sold him when it was clear he didn't work out though and instead, we gave him a new contract. Ridiculous.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don’t do me like that. There was the “finally, someone more disciplined than Ramsey” brigade.
There shouldn't be any similarities between both Elneny is holding mid Ramsey is box to box people who say elneny better guess were not fan of Ramsey

Top Bottom