• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Elneny's contract ends in the summer, so Emery wants to make sure the Egyptian prince is theirs in the future. Cunning man.

Those sums sound a bit ridiculous. Hard to imagine Arsenal selling as he is a solid player, even if Danilo comes. Unless Arteta thinks Xhaka can cover DMF well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Elneny's contract ends in the summer, so Emery wants to make sure the Egyptian prince is theirs in the future. Cunning man.

Those sums sound a bit ridiculous. Hard to imagine Arsenal selling as he is a solid player, even if Danilo comes. Unless Arteta thinks Xhaka can cover DMF well.

Don’t think we can sell Elneny now, he is far too integral to our setup and will be needed for the EL and possibly FA cup as well.

You do this deal if you have a chance at Tielemans. And you’re still pushing it.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Don’t think we can sell Elneny now, he is far too integral to our setup and will be needed for the EL and possibly FA cup as well.

You do this deal if you have a chance at Tielemans. And you’re still pushing it.

Villa want him? Villa? DM? Contract running down? Couldn’t make this **** up. Let them bid up to £20m and we’ll reject it on deadline day…

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't see us letting him go without securing midfielder signing first. 6M for guy who got 6 month left is decent

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Can't see us letting him go without securing midfielder signing first. 6M for guy who got 6 month left is decent

I will be absolutely fuming if we sell him in the middle of a title charge. Mo is limited sure but you know what you get. Any replacement comes with risks. He is a good squaddie. £6m for him is good yes, but in the big scheme of things it is nothing.

drippin

I will be absolutely fuming if we sell him in the middle of a title charge. Mo is limited sure but you know what you get. Any replacement comes with risks. He is a good squaddie. £6m for him is good yes, but in the big scheme of things it is nothing.
Can Xhaka at DMF be worse than Elneny? I don't think so, Xhaka is the superior player. We haven't seen him play there in this tactic, but Arteta said he can play there. And Xhaka has found new levels overall too I think, not just this new role.

So maybe that's the plan. Maybe they buy Danilo, or Tielemans, and Xhaka can play DMF then. It's interesting for sure. But this Elneny rumour is quite a big surprise with this midfield Arsenal has.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Can Xhaka at DMF be worse than Elneny? I don't think so, Xhaka is the superior player. We haven't seen him play there in this tactic, but Arteta said he can play there. And Xhaka has found new levels overall too I think, not just this new role.

So maybe that's the plan. Maybe they buy Danilo, or Tielemans, and Xhaka can play DMF then. It's interesting for sure. But this Elneny rumour is quite a big surprise with this midfield Arsenal has.

It’s just not a great plan. The whole “f up 2 positions” by moving Xhaka from 8 where he’s doing such a great job doesn’t sit with me. Much better to just slot ElNeny in and inshaAllah. I really hope there’s no substance to these rumours.

drippin

It’s just not a great plan. The whole “f up 2 positions” by moving Xhaka from 8 where he’s doing such a great job doesn’t sit with me. Much better to just slot ElNeny in and inshaAllah. I really hope there’s no substance to these rumours.
But it would be an upgrade to have Xhaka as DMF, Tielemans as LCM as backup rather than Elneny as DMF and Xhaka as LCM.

Similarly, Danilo or some other DMF could be an upgrade over Elneny (who is solid, but not good going up), and even then Xhaka could back up DMF role if ESR is back, if the new signing doesn't perform.

I don't like this rumour at this point, but I'm trying to understand it.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

But it would be an upgrade to have Xhaka as DMF, Tielemans as LCM as backup rather than Elneny as DMF and Xhaka as LCM.

Similarly, Danilo or some other DMF could be an upgrade over Elneny (who is solid, but not good going up), and even then Xhaka could back up DMF role if ESR is back, if the new signing doesn't perform.

I don't like this rumour at this point, but I'm trying to understand it.

I don’t think Xhaka at 6 and Tielemens at 8 is better than Elneny at 6 and Xhaka at 8.

No way Tielemens just comes in at this stage of the season and understands our patterns of play straight away. Our 8 is a very positionally demanding role. In the summer, sure, after a full pre season he would be able to slot in but not midway through a title charge.

And that’s even assuming if you rate Tielemens highly (which I don’t).

drippin

I don’t think Xhaka at 6 and Tielemens at 8 is better than Elneny at 6 and Xhaka at 8.

No way Tielemens just comes in at this stage of the season and understands our patterns of play straight away. Our 8 is a very positionally demanding role.

And that’s even assuming if you rate Tielemens highly (which I don’t).
Well surely you don't rate him if you think Xhaka & Tielemans overall is worse than Elneny & Xhaka. Tielemans would be a really good option against worse teams who park the bus.

But anyway, I don't think there is much to this rumour at this point. Would be quite risky no matter what, Elneny isn't that expensive by wages.

And does Villa really need him? I guess with a huge offer Arsenal could sell him.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Well surely you don't rate him if you think Xhaka & Tielemans overall is worse than Elneny & Xhaka. Tielemans would be a really good option against worse teams who park the bus.

But anyway, I don't think there is much to this rumour at this point. Would be quite risky no matter what, Elneny isn't that expensive by wages.

And does Villa really need him? I guess with a huge offer Arsenal could sell him.

We aren’t where we are in the table because we have world class players in every position. It’s because we have players that are incredibly well drilled in a very effective system. I don’t care how much you rate tielemens, he is not drilled in our system and it will take him time. The 8 is a much more tactically demanding role than say a winger where you could expect someone to come in and contribute from day 1. Tielemans, or anyone, would need time to adapt.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unless we buy midfielder who will be better but selling him without buying midfielder is stupid our numbers in midfield is already limited

Latest posts

Top Bottom