• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Shaquille-Oneal-Happy-Dance-Reaction-Gif.gif

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I don't get calling him a disastrous signing. He was low risk low fee high reward if he came good type of signing and one that would be a backup squad member. Disastrous signings to me are those that don't live up to big fees/wages, troublemakers or those that continue to be first teamers despite poor performances. Guess we could say we've had a few of those the last couple of years.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't get calling him a disastrous signing. He was low risk low fee high reward if he came good type of signing and one that would be a backup squad member. Disastrous signings to me are those that don't live up to big fees/wages, troublemakers or those that continue to be first teamers despite poor performances. Guess we could say we've had a few of those the last couple of years.

I agree to an extend.

It's true that he isn't **** and it's also good to see him giving his all on the pitch whenever he comes on which many of our players didn't for years.
He is also a relatively low risk singing and his fee is okay in respect to his quality.

The problem lies much more in the way those signings have basically blocked us from signing players that have the quality we would expect at the club.

At least for me, it is not a matter of Elneny being trash but rather him blocking or coming instead of a topclass player.

I loved Coquelin when he was playing alongside Cazorla in that half-season, but I was crushed when he was loosing it all and still blocked us from getting Kante.
That's exactly the problem that is going on for ages now and annoys the **** out of me and obviously most other members.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Only for it if it means Maitland-Niles gets pushed up the ranks. A loan is pointless though. If a club wants him, then they need to pay up.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I’d rather keep him than Xhaka tbqh. He’s our best back up for Torreira at DM. There’s no reason why he should leave.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
El Neny is a decent squaddie. Low risk low reward. He's a simple cog that fits in every machine. No need to get rid of him unless we upgrade instantly which we won't.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I don't get the hate.
He's been our most consistent CM for a few months now and haven't been bad except on rare occasions.

I'm not saying he's great but he's been better than xhaka and more consistent than him. He' never made a fuss about being a bench player.
He brings fluidity to our midfield.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yes please. Absolute bobbins this lad. Still staggered he was given a new contract.

The only thing you can say in his defence is that he didn’t cost very much money. As if we’re so much stronger financially than our rivals that we can just spend £10m on dross whenever we feel like it.

Horrendous signing all things considered. Would honestly rather Kroenke had invested the money in his ranch given the academy talent we have in that position.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Yes please. Absolute bobbins this lad. Still staggered he was given a new contract.

The only thing you can say in his defence is that he didn’t cost very much money. As if we’re so much stronger financially than our rivals that we can just spend £10m on dross whenever we feel like it.

Horrendous signing all things considered. Would honestly rather Kroenke had invested the money in his ranch given the academy talent we have in that position.
the OTT comments on this forum never cease to amaze me - worse than Big Sam and that's saying something

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Wilson has also come up with a "wage-cutting" story:

It seems to me that they would have known what their wage situation was before this. Such things don't just pop up out of the blue. I would also think that they would have informed Emery before he said nobody would be leaving except Campbell, Ospina and Jenkinson. And why would you force out a player who has just signed a new contract in anticipation of making some as yet unidentified January signings that might not even be needed?

The only reason I can think of that they would need to clear space on the wage bill right now would be if they were about to give in to unreasonable demands from Ramsey's agent. If that's the case, I would just as soon see them move Ramsey on, either now or in January. Even if Ramsey is only seeking £200,000 (instead of the report of £300,000 they denied), Arsenal could pay a player better than Ramsey for the difference.

Until I see this actually happen, I'm going to treat it as click bait to take advantage of the rumors that Marseille wants Elneny.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I get the new deal to protect the asset but why the **** give him our most prestigious midfield number for two months?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom