• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Elneny is fine as a back up option in games where you intend to sit and soak. But when the pressure's on he stops passing forward. If he's willing to be 5th choice midfield, great, but I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense,

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Elneny is fine as a back up option in games where you intend to sit and soak. But when the pressure's on he stops passing forward. If he's willing to be 5th choice midfield, great, but I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense,
5th choice on over £50k. We'd be better of with Akinola in that position. We need to move on from this guy. He's another sub standard goldilocks player.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don’t get how we’re playing a Xhaka/El Neny midfield in 2022. They both should’ve been sacked off 5 years ago.
We've not qualified for CL football since they started playing together here. It's been what, 6 years? And we're still trying it... What is wrong with this club? Why do we just hold on to our trash so long

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We've not qualified for CL football since they started playing together here. It's been what, 6 years? And we're still trying it... What is wrong with this club? Why do we just hold on to our trash so long
We’ve always been like this. At first, I assumed it was because we paid too high of wages to some players so it was harder to move them on but this no longer seems to be the case. I think we are club that doesn’t like change/risk. It why we stuck with Wenger for so long, Walcott outstayed his welcome, giving contract extensions to Auba and Özil, thinking we could rehabilitate Mustafi etc.

The general consensus and reason for keeping Elneny was because he was a nice guy who wouldn’t complain about his minutes. No talk of his ability but because of things that truly doesn’t matter in a competitive environment.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People seem to think that you can potentially have a starting 11 of top quality players and a back up on par with that 11. Which is ****ing ridiculous. Costs would be huge in fees and wages. Also certain players are not going to sit on the bench when they can start elsewhere.

Most teams backups are rubbish unless you are City or psg.
I don’t think squad players should be at the same level as the first eleven. That’s not possible but I do think your squad players should at least be of the standard of the league you are playing in. I’m not being melodramatic when I say some of the squad players we have are NOT even Premier Leauge standard. Hand on heart, Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Lacazette, Lokonga and Tavares are not cut out for PL football. Those are middling Championship players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think we need to move on from this sort of player, you don't want to be that old guy in the club which is all I see for him.

It's all good now so it's hard to imagine cause he's doing well, but it turns really rotten when things aren't going great and he's all we got. Seen this movie before.

The inevitable bad times and the insults plus the alibis afforded for Arteta purely because non world class players like this stick around is what makes me hate this however.

Do you guys get tired of me being right all the time or?
For the record I personally don’t mind him staying but it will always come back to this stuff.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He literally wouldn't be a problem as an emergency back up if Partey didn't get injured ever other month and Arteta didn't waste 20m replacing Guendouzi with Lokonga.

With europa league I think we'll probably now extend him to play him against Dundalk, Molde and Maribor.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
That's unbelievable.

Getting a new contract for being a nice guy.

& in some months they will praise Arteta again, how he was in the CL race with players like Elneny and Cedric.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
He's a good backup option for Party. Prefer him over Sambi tbh.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wanted him gone. He can play EL and take the blame when we flop. He's so basic that I hust don't believe that there's nobody in the world who can replace him.

Top Bottom