• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He's a good backup option for Party. Prefer him over Sambi tbh.
I don't agree with that. He's a replacement, but not a good one. He tries & is solid & all that but he is not what we need as a rotation option for Partey. Partey is out so often it merits a signing of similar ilk who offers the same dynamism in that role. Elneny ain't it I'm afraid.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Arteta had any faith in his 20m summer midfield signing or could manage Guendouzi this wouldn't be happening.

If he plays the odd dead rubber in the cups it's not really a big issue, but I know the way this club operates. He will probably start 10/15 league games next season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Pyramid pirlo stays
What do you expect? This was the same Arteta that offered a new contract to Mustafi, who has been relegated with two different teams since leaving Arsenal. You thought cos Arteta was at City he’d have high standards but he tricked ya’ll. He wants obedience and control and he is intimidated by players who challenge him. All of the “trouble makers” that he has kicked out have all played a significant role in helping their respective teams reach the CL. He’s a pu$$y.

RunTheTrap

Oh yeah btw. I keep hearing Elneny is only going to be our 4th choice so it’s not so bad. Well let’s compare to our rivals shall we.
City’s 4th choice: A 37 year old Fernandinho who still has more quality than whatever a prime Elneny has.
Liverpool’s: Curtis Jones. He’s better than Elneny.
Chelsea: Loftus-Cheek. Better than Elneny. You could include Gallagher if he comes back next season.
Tottenham: Harry Winks. Better than Elneny. Even reached a CL final.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure what point of this but likely tell us we not in position signing 2 good midfielders I'd settle with one as long xhaka stay we need top midfielder close to Partey quality at least.

As for Elneny he shouldn't be starting any league games even europa league group stage I'd start Patino instead

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope he has a Tavares sequence horror show (that doesn't cost us) and can't be played thereafter. Free transfer in January.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
We have limited budget. Do you really want to pay 17m to buy someone like Sambi to replace Elneny?!?

RunTheTrap

Not sure what point of this but likely tell us we not in position signing 2 good midfielders I'd settle with one as long xhaka stay we need top midfielder close to Partey quality at least.

As for Elneny he shouldn't be starting any league games even europa league group stage I'd start Patino instead
2 CMs is the bare minimum to compete with the teams above us. One 6/8 to compete with Partey and another left-sided 8/10 to bench Xhaka. 2 forwards and then 2 fullbacks.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
2 CMs is the bare minimum to compete with the teams above us. One 6/8 to compete with Partey and another left-sided 8/10 to bench Xhaka. 2 forwards and then 2 fullbacks.
We all know that not gonna happen unless xhaka leave at the moment sign someone very good to compete with Xhaka and Partey the other area you mentioned yes it'll happen.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

By the way he played 41 games last season. There's nothing to say he won't play something similar again next year with the added games as well as Partey's injury record.
This is my issue. It’s okay saying he’s a solid option if we could rely on Partey but we can’t. People always believe that we extend these players with the view of them playing <10 games but it really never works out that way. El neny will play a big role in next season again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Obvious renewal. Low wages. Professional and let's be honest. He's been abit better than OK the last few months.

We have so many other positions needing replaced so we can't let every single player we deem not good enough go.

We need a starting RB or LB. Making one of Tierney or Tomi a squad player. Based on Tomis ability on both sides.

We need a CM starter. And a top one at that.

We need 2 forwards.

Those 4 alone are probably going to set us back 100-150m.

Then we will need to fill out the squad with 3 or 4 other players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well we need to go big on a central midfielder. He needs to have the physical profile to cope without Partey.

Elneny in theory should be 5th choice. Basically the guy who plays the Europa League and League Cup games.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He's not on low wages, specially with a contract renewal.

He'll either likely play a lot more games than he needs to, as he and Cedric did this season. It's the club doing exactly what it said it wouldn't do again.

It's like that fake eisntein quote, the definition of insanity and all.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He's not on low wages, specially with a contract renewal.

He'll either likely play a lot more games than he needs to, as he and Cedric did this season. It's the club doing exactly what it said it wouldn't do again.

It's like that fake eisntein quote, the definition of insanity and all.
50k a week is relatively cheap. A short term contract. Its not exactly going to set us back.

When Pepe, Leno, Eddie, Laca leave and God knows who else we will barely have 11 players and half a dozen subs.

We can't sign 10 players in summer so we will have to keep a couple of Holding/Soares/Elneny/Tavares. Do I think they are particularly good enough? No. But he can do a job in Carabo/early FA cup and away to Dundalk on a cold Thursday night.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
50k a week is relatively cheap. A short term contract. Its not exactly going to set us back.

When Pepe, Leno, Eddie, Laca leave and God knows who else we will barely have 11 players and half a dozen subs.

We can't sign 10 players in summer so we will have to keep a couple of Holding/Soares/Elneny/Tavares. Do I think they are particularly good enough? No. But he can do a job in Carabo/early FA cup and away to Dundalk on a cold Thursday night.

You just said we need to sign 8 players?

We're not signing that many either. What's the point of Lokonga then? Specially if we're bringing in a starting CM (which we're likely not).

Top Bottom