• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I talked about this in the Özil thread.

If Chinagate never happened, I'd have been more sceptical but the fact that Elneny has gone from 3rd/4th placed midfielder last season to being firmly behind Sambi and AMN (whilst Lacazette is still running around) - this lines up unfortunately.

He's crap so nobody is going to care this time round? but yeah it's actually typical of Arsenal sadly.
Can I just point out that the name of Elnenys agent is misspelled in this article? :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can I just point out that the name of Elnenys agent is misspelled in this article? :lol:
You can point it out all you like.

However, not only was this article not the place that broke the news (and I've seen the name spelt in a variety of ways in the English media), but these seem to be quotes.

If this is incorrect, Mo or his agent should clear it up any day now. This being incorrect, or Arsenal doing this - both wouldn't surprise me as I am aware media are quick to dump on Arsenal.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I like Mo as a character but it's bizarre to me anyone would think he's not getting a new contract due to political stuff.

He's easily upgraded on ability wise and he's not a part of the youth movement the club seems to be going for. I can think of no good reason for him to get a new contract.

China and now Israel laying down the law on our contract negotiations.... I just don't buy it.
Agents just don't want to admit their players are unwanted and come up with this sort of stuff to portray them as victims.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You can point it out all you like.

However, not only was this article not the place that broke the news (and I've seen the name spelt in a variety of ways in the English media), but these seem to be quotes.

If this is incorrect, Mo or his agent should clear it up any day now. This being incorrect, or Arsenal doing this - both wouldn't surprise me as I am aware media are quick to dump on Arsenal.
Mate. There is not a single reference to this story where the name of Mohammed Enenys agent is spelt correctly. Please link if you locate one. Does this not strike you strong cause to question the authenticity of this story?

In my experience, people in the public eye do not go out of their way to officially debunk every single rumour floating around on the internet. May be unrealistic to expect Elneny or his agent to comment unless this story gets more traction.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

China and now Israel laying down the law on our contract negotiations.... I just don't buy it.
Agents just don't want to admit their players are unwanted and come up with this sort of stuff to portray them as victims.
I believe El neny contract talks being shelved is most likely a football decision like GDeep said, but with the clubs history I am unsure it can be ruled out that's all. I am not for a second going to pretend that Mo should stay and I am really just hoping the club or Mo's side clear this up quickly.

We've gone cold after players have expressed human rights views before, extending mediocre players contracts just because we can is also nothing new as well.

Mo has always been respectful to the club so I wouldn't rule out fake news either.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Mate. There is not a single reference to this story where the name of Mohammed Enenys agent is spelt correctly. Please link if you locate one. Does this not strike you strong cause to question the authenticity of this story?
The more I scrutinise it, I think you're right to question the validity of this story.

I don't really trust the club though hence my initial suspicions, but I will probably have to go with logic over theories on this one.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Given the way the club handled the Özil situation it sadly wouldn't be of great surprise if there is some truth to this, although I think the agent is wide of the mark with the contract extension talk.

I don't think he'd have been offered a new deal regardless but I definitely expected we'd be seeing more of him involved in matches this season. He was favoured well ahead of AMN last season and Laca is another who's contract is expiring but is still well involved in the team.

Moleque

The more I scrutinise it, I think you're right to question the validity of this story.

I don't really trust the club though hence my initial suspicions, but I will probably have to go with logic over theories on this one.
What? Logic over theories? On AM? Never heard of such a thing.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Given the way the club handled the Özil situation it sadly wouldn't be of great surprise if there is some truth to this, although I think the agent is wide of the mark with the contract extension talk.

I don't think he'd have been offered a new deal regardless but I definitely expected we'd be seeing more of him involved in matches this season. He was favoured well ahead of AMN last season and Laca is another who's contract is expiring but is still well involved in the team.
His agent came out around March talking about contract extension. Mo's dad came out and said Arteta wanted to keep him as well.

There were definitely contract talks, but why they stopped is what's being questioned. A huge part of me says it's cause he's not good enough but I would like confirmation somehow.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
His agent came out around March talking about contract extension. Mo's dad came out and said Arteta wanted to keep him as well.

There were definitely contract talks, but why they stopped is what's being questioned. A huge part of me says it's cause he's not good enough but I would like confirmation somehow.

Oh really? I didn't remember that part.

I genuinely think he's someone Arteta is fond of and given the amount of games he played last season I think he rates him as well. He's obviously nowhere near good enough but it wouldn't surprise me if the club have taken the decision out of Mikel's hands here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I talked about this in the Özil thread.

If Chinagate never happened, I'd have been more sceptical but the fact that Elneny has gone from 3rd/4th placed midfielder last season to being firmly behind Sambi and AMN (whilst Lacazette is still running around) - this lines up unfortunately.

He's crap so nobody is going to care this time round? but yeah it's actually typical of Arsenal sadly.
It is a bit weird how he’s dropped in the pecking order, never thought anything of it though, I thought he was injured?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like Mo as a character but it's bizarre to me anyone would think he's not getting a new contract due to political stuff.

He's easily upgraded on ability wise and he's not a part of the youth movement the club seems to be going for. I can think of no good reason for him to get a new contract.

China I can understand, they stopped showing our games after what Özil said. They even stopped showing NBA games after a player questioned them, think China is their biggest market.

Pretty sure Özil was dropped soon after the China comments. His departure was not due to the China issue though.

Israel on the other hand simply don’t carry the power of China, no reason for any club to appease them.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

China I can understand, they stopped showing our games after what Özil said. They even stopped showing NBA games after a player questioned them, think China is their biggest market.

Pretty sure Özil was dropped soon after the China comments. His departure was not due to the China issue though.

Israel on the other hand simply don’t carry the power of China, no reason for any club to appease them.

Israel is one of the most powerful states on the planet, at least on the same level as China.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

After our new signings, lots of players have disappeared from game time though. When you have Sambi you don’t need El Neny starting.
Im not sure if Sambi is better than Elneny though?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Im not sure if Sambi is better than Elneny though?
That’s not always the measuring stick though, who is better etc. Sambi is being picked on potential, with the hope of developing him into the player the club believes he can be, with game time.

El Neny has had 5 years to make his mark, hasn’t ever done it. Now you give another kid those minutes and take whatever risk and growing pains that come with that, despite having a safer option like El Neny available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom